Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#67,728 ·
kluttsy said:
Question time. I just noticed my hinges are different (91 xj) can I still do the same thing as you?
Even easier on your hinges! Basically the same thing slicing the bottom of the hinge off though.

#67,731 ·
Since the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, the XJ is getting her tune up done. Picking up the tstat, blower motor and coolant tomorrow in my way home from work.

On a sad note we have lost an XJ due to a hit and run after a police chase....apparently the suspect was running from the State Troopers, jumped a curb and landed on top of an XJ that was sitting in a Firestone parking lot; yes I said landed on top. The only recognizable part of the XJ is from the rear doors. I tried posting a link to the story but my phone is being a punk.

#67,739 ·
Last night on the way home from work, I saw a lady with a ford fusion that had somehow lost the bolt that holds the rear coil spring retainer in. The retainer arm was just hanging out below the car, about 2 inches from the pavement. Pretty sure she'd lost the spring entirely, too.

Stopped her at the first opportunity and told her to go to a shop NOW. Pretty sure she did.

#67,740 ·
awesome. So just the bottom of the door hinge on the top hinge and drill em out to 3/8s
Dont even have to drill out on the old style, just reuse factory pins. However one side is pressed in upside down so you will need to put it in from the top. There's writeups around here somewhere. It doesnt require drilling or welding of new pins in like how I have mine set up.