What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3387 - JeepForum.com

 125Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #50791 of 85712 Old 07-06-2013, 09:33 PM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Haha I blew a nice wad on ammo today at the gun shop. Great minds think alike, cant work on jeep, go to gun shop.
Sherwood guns is over near you correct?

BlueBadger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #50792 of 85712 Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 PM
JeepSpeed18
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boise, ID for now
Posts: 1,441
Finally after what seems like forever I ordered my programmer to do a custom program on my PCM for the Stroker. Also ordered a Digital AEM wideband and a Digital AEM trans temp gauge along with an A pillar gauge pod.

Wrapping up my Stroker project which has taken almost 2 years and way more money than I ever planned on spending... I just want to drive the damn thing!

_=====ooooo
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_/-\_l__l_/-\_|lllllll|
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline  
post #50793 of 85712 Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ

500 yards here he comes! Nice gun!

The JCR finish welded and sanded. It's soaking up primer now, and will get finish coat tomorrow. The issues I had with it was after initially putting it all together it sat almost an inch below all the body lines. Way under the hatch, lights, and body lines of the fenders. I ended up chopping off the mounts (the flat plate that bolts to the body), and flipping them upside down. Bolted the plates in place, and shimmed the bumper up with all kinds of **** and tacking it back on. Now everything is nice and tight. I'll post up a pic when it's mounted.

'00 XJ not quite there..
I've got a 700 yard rang out here at the farm. But I'll need good optics. And thanks man.

Lovin that bumper man!!
BlueBadger is offline  
post #50794 of 85712 Old 07-06-2013, 09:42 PM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18
Finally after what seems like forever I ordered my programmer to do a custom program on my PCM for the Stroker. Also ordered a Digital AEM wideband and a Digital AEM trans temp gauge along with an A pillar gauge pod.

Wrapping up my Stroker project which has taken almost 2 years and way more money than I ever planned on spending... I just want to drive the damn thing!
Sound awesome man! Hope you love it!! I've put a lot into projects and not get the results I was excepting. Very disappointing. I hope it turns out great!!
BlueBadger is offline  
post #50795 of 85712 Old 07-06-2013, 10:00 PM
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

I've got a 700 yard rang out here at the farm. But I'll need good optics. And thanks man.

Lovin that bumper man!!
Nice! I've always wanted a Rem. 700. I settled on a Savage in 17 HMR, which is a fun little gun. Strangely, it costs as much to shoot that as my .30-06 now

Thanks! It took way too long to build.. I can't wait to get it finished up and put on! Not having legitimate recovery points, and the XJ being my only functional transportation has kept me from wheeling for too long! I also have to make up some unibody tie-ins for it too.

'00 XJ not quite there..

'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
YoureverydayXJ is offline  
post #50796 of 85712 Old 07-06-2013, 11:25 PM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockport
Posts: 2,203
You guys are out of my league .

I only have a Savage 111 in .270 with a 3x12 variable front and rear ( it's so cheap that it has a built in range finder ) . BUT , it's the straightest rifle I've ever had . The first year , after I floated the barrel and did a custom pillar bedding , I shot dime sized patterns . I got lazy and didn't do anything more the second year and still shot nickles . I'll not complain . I've never had the opportunity to shoot more than a couple hundred yards , so I don't know how well it or I would do farther out .

We drove the XJ to DQ for Blizzards tonight .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now  
post #50797 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 12:16 AM
dmill89
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Harrisburg
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
You guys are out of my league .

I only have a Savage 111 in .270 with a 3x12 variable front and rear ( it's so cheap that it has a built in range finder ) . BUT , it's the straightest rifle I've ever had . The first year , after I floated the barrel and did a custom pillar bedding , I shot dime sized patterns . I got lazy and didn't do anything more the second year and still shot nickles . I'll not complain . I've never had the opportunity to shoot more than a couple hundred yards , so I don't know how well it or I would do farther out .

We drove the XJ to DQ for Blizzards tonight .
I also have a Savage 111 (in 7mm 08). It is a nice rifle (especially given the price, about half what a Rem 700 goes for). Unfortunately the low-profile safety centered behind the bolt is difficult to operate with thick gloves on, which is an issue for me since I live in PA and the Big-Game seasons are in late fall and winter. Which is why I ended up buying a Rem 700.

The Savage 111 and Rem 700 are both often considered the best rifles in their respective price points ($400-500 for the Savage 111, $700-1000 for the Rem 700). It is amazing how much the prices have gone up in the last few years, I paid $450 for my Rem 700 (without scope) new a little over 5 years ago, Savage 111s could be had new for less than $300 at the time, and just over $300 with a pre-mounted Simmons 3-9 scope.
dmill89 is offline  
post #50798 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 08:18 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockport
Posts: 2,203
I could never get anything to work with thick gloves on , so I left them on the shelf at home until I had to shovel snow .
I couldn't feel the trigger either .
Over the last 20 years or so I hunt bare hands or just snug cotton jerseys , no matter the temps ( it gets well below 0 at times in my home state of Michigan ) .
When I sit in a blind , I keep a knit belly tube on my lap to stick my hands in .
Like this one , only knit so it's very soft and makes no noise when moved around .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now  
post #50799 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 09:05 AM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,151
I've had a savage 110 in 7mm rem mag for years. It's my primary hunting rifle, and I love it. I put a nice basic leupold 3-9/40 on it and it does great!! Very accurate for the price and powerful enough to take any game on the continent. I jus could resist this 700 sps though. Exactly what I've been wanting! And for $569+ tax it was coming home with me!!! I'm tickled to death with it. Now I just have to save up for a scope. Either a leupold mark 4 ER/T or a Nikon M-308 BDC.
BlueBadger is offline  
post #50800 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockport
Posts: 2,203
Float the barrel on that 110 and it'll be even more accurate .

Mine was real good out of the box , but I did a trim job anyway . I'm very glad I did . Took a lot of the variable out of the equation .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now  
post #50801 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 AM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
Sherwood guns is over near you correct?
Yep, plenty of gun shop choices round here for sure. Ive got a bit more of a handgun fetish than anything though. Carry everyday lol

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #50802 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 09:36 AM
ahar9
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: saint leonard
Posts: 2,233
Stared at it and wished a nice track bar with heims would just find its way on there

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Attached Images
 

hold my beer
ahar9 is offline  
post #50803 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
I could never get anything to work with thick gloves on , so I left them on the shelf at home until I had to shovel snow .
I couldn't feel the trigger either .
Over the last 20 years or so I hunt bare hands or just snug cotton jerseys , no matter the temps ( it gets well below 0 at times in my home state of Michigan ) .
When I sit in a blind , I keep a knit belly tube on my lap to stick my hands in .
Like this one , only knit so it's very soft and makes no noise when moved around .
Michigan, it's not for sissies eh. I also go without them, or use those fingerless gloves with the flip back mittens. Unfortunately I'm down in the shotgun zone, so mine are just for fun these days. My hunting rig is a Rem. 700 muzzle loader in .50 cal

And to keep it on topic:

Name:  image-4135913384.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  367.7 KB

It's about to get a quick sanding and then final coat!

'00 XJ not quite there..

'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
YoureverydayXJ is offline  
post #50804 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 10:14 AM
YoureverydayXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Stared at it and wished a nice track bar with heims would just find its way on there

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Looking tough. How much more you got to do before she's rolling?

'00 XJ not quite there..

'00 XJ parts donor, '98 XJ body donor
YoureverydayXJ is offline  
post #50805 of 85712 Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 AM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
Float the barrel on that 110 and it'll be even more accurate .

Mine was real good out of the box , but I did a trim job anyway . I'm very glad I did . Took a lot of the variable out of the equation .
Will do thanks for the advice.
BlueBadger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
jrodmk2 , pdcomm
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 02:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 08:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 10:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 08:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 03:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome