What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3387 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 07-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #50791
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Haha I blew a nice wad on ammo today at the gun shop. Great minds think alike, cant work on jeep, go to gun shop.
Sherwood guns is over near you correct?

BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #50792
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Finally after what seems like forever I ordered my programmer to do a custom program on my PCM for the Stroker. Also ordered a Digital AEM wideband and a Digital AEM trans temp gauge along with an A pillar gauge pod.

Wrapping up my Stroker project which has taken almost 2 years and way more money than I ever planned on spending... I just want to drive the damn thing!
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #50793
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ

500 yards here he comes! Nice gun!

The JCR finish welded and sanded. It's soaking up primer now, and will get finish coat tomorrow. The issues I had with it was after initially putting it all together it sat almost an inch below all the body lines. Way under the hatch, lights, and body lines of the fenders. I ended up chopping off the mounts (the flat plate that bolts to the body), and flipping them upside down. Bolted the plates in place, and shimmed the bumper up with all kinds of **** and tacking it back on. Now everything is nice and tight. I'll post up a pic when it's mounted.

'00 XJ not quite there..
I've got a 700 yard rang out here at the farm. But I'll need good optics. And thanks man.

Lovin that bumper man!!
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #50794
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18
Finally after what seems like forever I ordered my programmer to do a custom program on my PCM for the Stroker. Also ordered a Digital AEM wideband and a Digital AEM trans temp gauge along with an A pillar gauge pod.

Wrapping up my Stroker project which has taken almost 2 years and way more money than I ever planned on spending... I just want to drive the damn thing!
Sound awesome man! Hope you love it!! I've put a lot into projects and not get the results I was excepting. Very disappointing. I hope it turns out great!!
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #50795
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

I've got a 700 yard rang out here at the farm. But I'll need good optics. And thanks man.

Lovin that bumper man!!
Nice! I've always wanted a Rem. 700. I settled on a Savage in 17 HMR, which is a fun little gun. Strangely, it costs as much to shoot that as my .30-06 now

Thanks! It took way too long to build.. I can't wait to get it finished up and put on! Not having legitimate recovery points, and the XJ being my only functional transportation has kept me from wheeling for too long! I also have to make up some unibody tie-ins for it too.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #50796
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You guys are out of my league .

I only have a Savage 111 in .270 with a 3x12 variable front and rear ( it's so cheap that it has a built in range finder ) . BUT , it's the straightest rifle I've ever had . The first year , after I floated the barrel and did a custom pillar bedding , I shot dime sized patterns . I got lazy and didn't do anything more the second year and still shot nickles . I'll not complain . I've never had the opportunity to shoot more than a couple hundred yards , so I don't know how well it or I would do farther out .

We drove the XJ to DQ for Blizzards tonight .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #50797
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
You guys are out of my league .

I only have a Savage 111 in .270 with a 3x12 variable front and rear ( it's so cheap that it has a built in range finder ) . BUT , it's the straightest rifle I've ever had . The first year , after I floated the barrel and did a custom pillar bedding , I shot dime sized patterns . I got lazy and didn't do anything more the second year and still shot nickles . I'll not complain . I've never had the opportunity to shoot more than a couple hundred yards , so I don't know how well it or I would do farther out .

We drove the XJ to DQ for Blizzards tonight .
I also have a Savage 111 (in 7mm 08). It is a nice rifle (especially given the price, about half what a Rem 700 goes for). Unfortunately the low-profile safety centered behind the bolt is difficult to operate with thick gloves on, which is an issue for me since I live in PA and the Big-Game seasons are in late fall and winter. Which is why I ended up buying a Rem 700.

The Savage 111 and Rem 700 are both often considered the best rifles in their respective price points ($400-500 for the Savage 111, $700-1000 for the Rem 700). It is amazing how much the prices have gone up in the last few years, I paid $450 for my Rem 700 (without scope) new a little over 5 years ago, Savage 111s could be had new for less than $300 at the time, and just over $300 with a pre-mounted Simmons 3-9 scope.
dmill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #50798
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I could never get anything to work with thick gloves on , so I left them on the shelf at home until I had to shovel snow .
I couldn't feel the trigger either .
Over the last 20 years or so I hunt bare hands or just snug cotton jerseys , no matter the temps ( it gets well below 0 at times in my home state of Michigan ) .
When I sit in a blind , I keep a knit belly tube on my lap to stick my hands in .
Like this one , only knit so it's very soft and makes no noise when moved around .
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:05 AM   #50799
BlueBadger

I've had a savage 110 in 7mm rem mag for years. It's my primary hunting rifle, and I love it. I put a nice basic leupold 3-9/40 on it and it does great!! Very accurate for the price and powerful enough to take any game on the continent. I jus could resist this 700 sps though. Exactly what I've been wanting! And for $569+ tax it was coming home with me!!! I'm tickled to death with it. Now I just have to save up for a scope. Either a leupold mark 4 ER/T or a Nikon M-308 BDC.
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #50800
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Float the barrel on that 110 and it'll be even more accurate .

Mine was real good out of the box , but I did a trim job anyway . I'm very glad I did . Took a lot of the variable out of the equation .
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #50801
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
Sherwood guns is over near you correct?
Yep, plenty of gun shop choices round here for sure. Ive got a bit more of a handgun fetish than anything though. Carry everyday lol
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #50802
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Stared at it and wished a nice track bar with heims would just find its way on there

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-1711616565.jpg

Unread 07-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #50803
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
I could never get anything to work with thick gloves on , so I left them on the shelf at home until I had to shovel snow .
I couldn't feel the trigger either .
Over the last 20 years or so I hunt bare hands or just snug cotton jerseys , no matter the temps ( it gets well below 0 at times in my home state of Michigan ) .
When I sit in a blind , I keep a knit belly tube on my lap to stick my hands in .
Like this one , only knit so it's very soft and makes no noise when moved around .
Michigan, it's not for sissies eh. I also go without them, or use those fingerless gloves with the flip back mittens. Unfortunately I'm down in the shotgun zone, so mine are just for fun these days. My hunting rig is a Rem. 700 muzzle loader in .50 cal

And to keep it on topic:

image-4135913384.jpg

It's about to get a quick sanding and then final coat!

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #50804
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Stared at it and wished a nice track bar with heims would just find its way on there

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Looking tough. How much more you got to do before she's rolling?

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #50805
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
Float the barrel on that 110 and it'll be even more accurate .

Mine was real good out of the box , but I did a trim job anyway . I'm very glad I did . Took a lot of the variable out of the equation .
Will do thanks for the advice.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.