Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#67,683 ·
I didn't buy my XJ because of cost. Wranglers are fun to ride in, but they also get broken into a lot around here or parts stolen. The frames on TJs also like to rot because of the salt. My boss already had to replace the frame on his '97 TJ with 110k on it.

I'd buy a wrangler as just a summer vehicle but probably not a DD. I grew up in the back seat of an XJ so I always wanted one. My first vehicle was an XJ and I've pretty much only had XJs since. Even convinced a friend to buy one. :D

#67,684 ·
Okay so this last weekend I dropped the gas tank to discover that the o-ring for the fuel pump was improperly installed. Now it's in there right, and the locking ring is good and tight...

but I cant get it to start without priming first. Every Time.

Sounds a lot like this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/...ires-right-up-2nd-attempt-slow-start-1076777/

So either I broke the check valve somehow, or incompetent installation was the only thing keeping me from having to double crank.

#67,685 ·
Anti-seize could have prevented this senseless loss. I use it religiously, but the P.O. did not. The hub, which was in good condition, paid the price. A trail spare it will not be. Spend the $10. Use the little brush. Save the Hub Bolts.

Wood Fixture Hand tool Handle Gas

#67,688 ·
drugs.

Waiting to do my 3 link for a month I thinks. I have a bunch of wheeling trips that are on the table and I want to ****ing wheel dammit!
3 links are for dummies.

bought oil, filter, trans oil, gear oil, and front brakes. gonna do em tomorrow after work.

#67,695 ·
...too soon man...

But I don't know why people stay in moore after the bad second one. It doesn't seem worth it
I frequent AR15.com and there are a lot of chasers and climate guys on there. I see that area discussed constantly. Like it's a magnet didn't mean to be flippant. NWO sees some tornados but nothing like you guys

#67,696 ·
I had my worn out transmission mount replaced at a shop I bought the part and brought it in. The guy installed it only charged me $40 bucks wow not bad I thought...then I got home and noticed a broken crossmember bolt what did I do to my xj today drilled and drilled and drilled some more and what will I be doing to my xj tomorrow drilling what a nightmare