What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3381 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 07-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #50701
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Attachment 642387

Went to the junkyard and got 3 consoles for 25 bucks. Not bad since i brought in a load of light iron and made 26 lol.
what is the center one out of?

chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #50702
cjcocn
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
what is the center one out of?
x2

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport; 4x4; 4 door; auto transmission; 4.0L incline 6 cyl.
cjcocn is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #50703
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Cant remember honestly. I know the long one was out of a windstar. And one of the other two was out of like a pontiac minivan. Ill look for markings in a little bit. I really like that one too for the switches.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #50704
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Its stamped gm so its def from the pontiac. Montana was the model i believe. The windstar one is too big as expected but i could cut it down and still might. The other too fit real well, cant make up my mind yet. Heres some pics of it fiber glassed

image-324173463.jpg

image-276008032.jpg

image-2408634203.jpg

Just did the inside today. Still need to do the inside of the corner but need to buy some filler stuff first
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #50705
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge

If I could afford to build it I would, but it would totally defeat the point in having it for towing on highways. I'll still probably bump up to 31s so it looks less goofy. Hell, I'm pretty sure I could slap my 33s on it and they'd fit just fine.
Good points. And I think 33's would be fine.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #50706
BlueBadger

Quote:

If I could afford to build it I would, but it would totally defeat the point in having it for towing on highways. I'll still probably bump up to 31s so it looks less goofy. Hell, I'm pretty sure I could slap my 33s on it and they'd fit just fine.
Very good points
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #50707
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie
Could put 40's on it
I know I said way bigger but umm wow! Lol
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #50708
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
Good points. And I think 33's would be fine.
It already has horrible gas mileage, but oh well, I'm still thinking about it anyway as well as getting rid of the XJ since the RC is so much cheaper to build.

It's already got Dana 44s under it and 4" suspension lift is only $380 from Rough Country. I could easily throw 37s on it and they'd still seem small. Plus it's more practical for any remotely close wheeling around here. I know I'd miss the XJ too much though. I know I'm gonna give in and end up having both built lol

On the plus side for MPGs a buddy of mine is a diesel mechanic and told me he'd swap a Cummins in it free if I picked one up. Slowly loosing hope of keeping it even remotely stock and I don't even have it yet.

In all reality I could easily run 40s for not much money. 4" suspension and 2" body for under $500 would fit em easy without looking as stupid as that other one lol
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #50709
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

And to keep this on topic I broke in the mud virginity on the MTRs today. It must have rained 6" in two hours here this afternoon. My dads company graded about 4 football fields worth of land by my house a couple years ago but the project fell through so now it's just a big semi flat field of clay. Must have had the tires buried a foot the whole time between the clay and water sitting on top of it. I might as well have been driving down the road, they tore threw it like it wasn't even there. I was probably throwing clay and water 30 feet in the air, but yeah lol

They're easily the best tires I've ever had. Especially in the rain. Our employee lot at work floods BAD when it pours. It's downhill from the rest of the lot. When I went out to my Jeep it was still pouring and the water in the lot was over my ankles and I was wearing boots. I floored it through about 2' deep of water thats about 20 yards long by the drain coming out and never broke traction. Looked like I hit a bunch of those water barrels on the interstate.
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #50710
BlueBadger

Quote:

It already has horrible gas mileage, but oh well, I'm still thinking about it anyway as well as getting rid of the XJ since the RC is so much cheaper to build.

It's already got Dana 44s under it and 4" suspension lift is only $380 from Rough Country. I could easily throw 37s on it and they'd still seem small. Plus it's more practical for any remotely close wheeling around here. I know I'd miss the XJ too much though. I know I'm gonna give in and end up having both built lol

On the plus side for MPGs a buddy of mine is a diesel mechanic and told me he'd swap a Cummins in it free if I picked one up. Slowly loosing hope of keeping it even remotely stock and I don't even have it yet.

In all reality I could easily run 40s for not much money. 4" suspension and 2" body for under $500 would fit em easy without looking as stupid as that other one lol
A 6bt would be awesome in that! I saw one in a 79 bronco it was on 44's and just awesome. One a 4" lift I think. Cut fenders but done right it looked good!
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #50711
BlueBadger

Quote:
And to keep this on topic I broke in the mud virginity on the MTRs today. It must have rained 6" in two hours here this afternoon. My dads company graded about 4 football fields worth of land by my house a couple years ago but the project fell through so now it's just a big semi flat field of clay. Must have had the tires buried a foot the whole time between the clay and water sitting on top of it. I might as well have been driving down the road, they tore threw it like it wasn't even there. I was probably throwing clay and water 30 feet in the air, but yeah lol

They're easily the best tires I've ever had. Especially in the rain. Our employee lot at work floods BAD when it pours. It's downhill from the rest of the lot. When I went out to my Jeep it was still pouring and the water in the lot was over my ankles and I was wearing boots. I floored it through about 2' deep of water thats about 20 yards long by the drain coming out and never broke traction. Looked like I hit a bunch of those water barrels on the interstate.
That would some great video! thumbsup!
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #50712
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebadger

that would some great video! thumbsup!
x2
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #50713
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, if only I could find someone dumb enough to hold the camera.
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #50714
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cause murica
image-669896450.jpg

MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #50715
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I ordered some parts to get me by until I go long arm on the XJ.

IRO Solid Tierod (To replace my best stock tierod )
Teraflex Adjustable Lowers .to match my Teraflex Adjustable Uppers that I have not installed yet. It was $40.00 more for Adjustable Arms then it would have cost to replace the Bushings on my Fixed Lowers so going ADJ was the smarter thing to do IMO )

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.