What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3354 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #50296
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah these new limits suck.
Maybe for you and others that don't understand how to post a 640 x 480 picture with what they have .

The limits make the site useful to every one . There's nothing anyone can see in a huge , mega pic that can't be seen in a 640 x 480 shot . When You guys would post a pic big enough for an outdoor movie theater , it would take for ever to load a page . Most of the time I'd just skip the site all together . Now , with limits in place I can come here and bug you guys with useless , time and space consuming info about nothing in particular . Just like Seinfeld .

See how everyone gets a chance to waste every bodies time and resources ?

Of course , there are the one or two posts that actually contain something of merit ...

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #50297
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Weekend bump for the Cherokee Of The Month contest.
The poll closes Monday, don't forget to support your fellow XJ drivers. If you regularly post in this WDYDTY XJ today thread, I should see your vote over there.
Vote for the June Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #50298
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Maybe for you and others that don't understand how to post a 640 x 480 picture with what they have .

The limits make the site useful to every one . There's nothing anyone can see in a huge , mega pic that can't be seen in a 640 x 480 shot . When You guys would post a pic big enough for an outdoor movie theater , it would take for ever to load a page . Most of the time I'd just skip the site all together . Now , with limits in place I can come here and bug you guys with useless , time and space consuming info about nothing in particular . Just like Seinfeld .

Of course , there are the one or two posts that actually contain something of merit ...
Yeah, except some of us actually pay to not have to use other sites to host photos. It's going back to normal after this weekend anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #50299
blackolive99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm

I use a reduction program and set the pics LOWER than 640x480 and then it still says my pics are still too big. (And I get a different limit amount EVERY time)
I'm tech stupid on most stuff and my iPhone reflects that very well, I could use suggestions if you've got any....
On topic:
Used my '87 to jump start my '99 so I could get parts for a '92 I'm working on for a friend.
blackolive99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #50300
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
Yeah, except some of us actually pay to not have to use other sites to host photos. It's going back to normal after this weekend anyway.
Highfive on that
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #50301
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Did the driver's side ball joints out of OCD type behaviour - it was a smidgen of movement, but would creak quite a bit under load while wheeling.

Hated to do it because this LPD30 will be tossed in the fall so I put some jobber balls in my axle.

Also spent the night at a friends cleaning up and tacking in perches for an 8.8 to go in his TJ.
put-my-balls-your-axle.jpg  
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #50302
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka View Post
Did the driver's side ball joints out of OCD type behaviour - it was a smidgen of movement, but would creak quite a bit under load while wheeling.

Hated to do it because this LPD30 will be tossed in the fall so I put some jobber balls in my axle.

Also spent the night at a friends cleaning up and tacking in perches for an 8.8 to go in his TJ.
Are the ball joints what's giving me that feeling that my tires are wobbling side to side when I hit a bump?
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #50303
blackolive99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

Are the ball joints what's giving me that feeling that my tires are wobbling side to side when I hit a bump?
Lol that describes my dd!
blackolive99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #50304
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackolive99 View Post

Lol that describes my dd!
My dd sees about 6 miles of washboards at 40mph every day. That's the beating that would make it make sense.
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #50305
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluff28 View Post
dropped it off to have gears installed
Awesome! Where did you wind up taking it?

Sent from my GSIII using HeepForum
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #50306
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Try lifting the axle up to raise the tire then jam a prybar under. If you lift up on the tire and see any movement between your Inner C and Knuckle, your ball joints are worn.

Only my Driver's side was loose - the passenger is tight.
Unread 06-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #50307
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka View Post

Try lifting the axle up to raise the tire then jam a prybar under. If you lift up on the tire and see any movement between your Inner C and Knuckle, your ball joints are worn.

Only my Driver's side was loose - the passenger is tight.
Awesome, thanks. What's the basic 1..2..3 to replacing them?
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #50308
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadWuf

Yes in 03 you could get both. 7.3 is wayyyy more reliable stock. They are both powerful, and the 6.0 can be a good motor it just depends on who had it, and when the egr, headgaskets, and studs went what parts the p/o had put on. If it stock ford stuff its just going to fail again.
There is a 6.0 around here owned by a diesel mechanic, he redid the headgaskets, headstuds, and modyified the egr on his. That truck is deffinatly no slouch, and hasnt had a problem in 7 years now.
Your completely correct.
The 6.0s can make awesome power and the 7.3 is the dog of the family when it comes to power. I was referring to stock. The 6.0 can be made dependable for a small fortune. And the 7.3 while not a massive powerhouse WILL make the energizer bunny jealous! Just keeps going and going!!
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #50309
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

You guys are talking diesel tech, I assume. You should gather this info in a thread so that those who are searching will find it I'm not complaining about it being here, but the info wont get found here.
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #50310
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Point .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.