Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#66,224 ·
May have been too much resistance in fuse connection not allowing enough current to run fan correctly. Just like a bad ground but on the hot side. :confused:
Maybe one of our electrical guru's can chime in on this one...Is it possible that by pulling the fuse then reseating it "reset" the fan so to speak? I went out again and all 4 speeds work when I turn the climate control knob. I swear it's the evil leprechauns causing havoc and chaos:rofl: And no I'm not drinking..yet:cheers:

#66,228 ·
ladytex70 said:
Maybe one of our electrical guru's can chime in on this one...Is it possible that by pulling the fuse then reseating it "reset" the fan so to speak? I went out again and all 4 speeds work when I turn the climate control knob. I swear it's the evil leprechauns causing havoc and chaos:rofl: And no I'm not drinking..yet:cheers:
Mine does the same thing periodically, but never long enough for me to diagnose. Dunno if its the switch or mabey the the resistor. Although now that I think about it, my fan fuse under the dash will get loose just enough every so often that I get no fan at all. :teleporting grimlins?:

#66,229 ·
Mine does the same thing periodically, but never long enough for me to diagnose. Dunno if its the switch or mabey the the resistor. Although now that I think about it, my fan fuse under the dash will get loose just enough every so often that I get no fan at all. :teleporting grimlins?:
I didn't check the fuse under the dash..that was next on my list before I checked the resistor and blower. I learned a long time ago to start with the simple things then move up the list of things to check. As long as the fan works for at least the next few days..we are supposed to get the coldest temps of the year for the rest of the week and I really don't want to be without heat for my nighttime drives into the job.

#66,232 ·
It was capped when I bought it. I thought the running rough issue was from a vacuum line being wrong because the vac lines to the valve cover are afro engineered to ****. Guy said he'd changed the plugs and wires though so he might have done that wrong, who knows. I'll probably do a total tune up tomorrow and everything and see where it's at. I need to swap the battery over from the old XJ since this ones barely cutting it and the thing is about totally out of gas so that probably doesn't help.

#66,234 ·
It was capped when I bought it. I thought the running rough issue was from a vacuum line being wrong because the vac lines to the valve cover are afro engineered to ****. Guy said he'd changed the plugs and wires though so he might have done that wrong, who knows. I'll probably do a total tune up tomorrow and everything and see where it's at. I need to swap the battery over from the old XJ since this ones barely cutting it and the thing is about totally out of gas so that probably doesn't help.
Sounds like you're headed in the right direction . Who knows , but fresh gas might make a little difference .

I like to do the same as you're doing . Check the condition and tune of everything and change fluids when I get a 'new' vehicle . It's the only way to have a decent reference point .

#66,236 ·
On a 96 4.0 on the intake manifold next to where it says firing order, whats supposed to be connected to that nipple? It's a vac line that runs to the fuel rail and air box on older 4.0s.
Are you talking about one of the three on the edge of the intake by the air box?