What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3289 - JeepForum.com
 53Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #49321 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Forgot how even just a wet road makes it look like you went wheeling when you are flareless.
This becomes very annoying to me after I spend an hour cleaning it, call me a baby but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on nates 4x4 (wanna b bushwhackers).

Joshharris98xj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #49322 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 12:02 PM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

This becomes very annoying to me after I spend an hour cleaning it, call me a baby but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on nates 4x4 (wanna b bushwhackers).
I have bushwakers, my truck still looks the same way. I dont really care how it looks, but its jus the road salt that bugs me. I have to spray it down in the winter like once a week because im paranoid lol
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #49323 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Joshharris98xj
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pace
Posts: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89

I have bushwakers, my truck still looks the same way. I dont really care how it looks, but its jus the road salt that bugs me. I have to spray it down in the winter like once a week because im paranoid lol
I meant rigid ridge fender flairs what did your bushwhackers run you?
Joshharris98xj is offline  
post #49324 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM
mikbob1313
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: ellaville
Posts: 29
i rubbed peanut butter on my exterior trim, and it looks 1000 times better, but now i have to shoot the dog, it keeps lickin my jeep. oh yeah i ordered 2 inch spacers to put on the front, the back is already up 3. look out for next week when i post "while trying to install front spacers i broke the rear axle"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
mikbob1313 is offline  
post #49325 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
I meant rigid ridge fender flairs what did your bushwhackers run you?
I want to say 500. I bought them a while ago before it was painted so I could cut/ drill before hand. There different for a MJ though so idk if price is different now that I think about it. Pretty tedious to install, but they look great and are very high quality. I had to make brackets for the fender because when you cut it, it becomes very loose. also I would advise no matter what brand you go with, making something to keep mud out of your doors. I have yet to come u with a permanent solution that will work for me, but idk how your rig is set up.
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #49326 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 02:40 PM
RedRyderXJ
Registered User
1994 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Carrollton
Posts: 613
Ya'll should buy stuff off my 98 part out!


Put in $25 in gas today.
RedRyderXJ is offline  
post #49327 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM
moored194
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central
Posts: 66
Well not today but last week I retired the old girl. 200k, rust through every floor pan, needed shocks springs brakes windshield, the list goes on and on. I couldn't wait for the new Cherokee and couldn't afford a GC or wrangler so I moved over to the Patriot and I have to say I'm loving the smoother ride and much better mileage.
moored194 is offline  
post #49328 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Oregon187
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in the middle
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by moored194 View Post
Well not today but last week I retired the old girl. 200k, rust through every floor pan, needed shocks springs brakes windshield, the list goes on and on. I couldn't wait for the new Cherokee and couldn't afford a GC or wrangler so I moved over to the Patriot and I have to say I'm loving the smoother ride and much better mileage.
See you on the trails...Those Patriots can go anywhere...

2001 XJ build thread -- Grunge Munkee
Oregon187 is offline  
post #49329 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,264
Stripping the interior for more monstaliner

Debating on buying a new carpet as I can get dynamat for 40 bucks for about 10sqft

Project Leviathan
'00 XJ 8.5" on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is online now  
post #49330 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:22 PM
moored194
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central
Posts: 66
1. I never went on the "trails" of Nj to begin with.

2. The only off roading I need to do is at the beach and it will do just fine.

3. While your at the gas pump/mechanics shop/ parts store I'll be driving by. I'll honk my horn and wave just so you know it's me laughing at the never ending pocket sucker that is your "trail rig."
moored194 is offline  
post #49331 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by moored194 View Post
1. I never went on the "trails" of Nj to begin with.

2. The only off roading I need to do is at the beach and it will do just fine.

3. While your at the gas pump/mechanics shop/ parts store I'll be driving by. I'll honk my horn and wave just so you know it's me laughing at the never ending pocket sucker that is your "trail rig."
lol y u mad

Project Leviathan
'00 XJ 8.5" on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is online now  
post #49332 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:28 PM
moored194
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

lol y u mad
Who's mad?

My annual maintenance just went down to zero I couldn't be happier. My gas mileage just went up by 40%. And my A/C works so good I have to turn it down so my nips wont cut through my t-shirt.
moored194 is offline  
post #49333 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Steelo805
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ojai
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by moored194

Who's mad?

My annual maintenance just went down to zero I couldn't be happier. My gas mileage just went up by 40%. And my A/C works so good I have to turn it down so my nips wont cut through my t-shirt.
Clearly you never understood what owning an xj was all about.
Steelo805 is offline  
post #49334 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Rich1911
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lake Ariel
Posts: 4
, , , ,
Rich1911 is offline  
post #49335 of 81954 Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 PM
moored194
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelo805

Clearly you never understood what owning an xj was all about.
Sure I did, I just got sick of the never ending money pit. With a mortgage, bills and kids to feed constantly fixing a 18 year old vehicle for a daily driver made no sense. If I still lived under mommy an daddy's roof and had their checking account to pay for things I may have kept it. But alas adulthood doesn't come with those perks.
moored194 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
DNFJ , pdcomm
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome