What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3275 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #49111
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge

Some of us actually use our Jeeps offroad. It doesn't take much for a branch or rock to destroy the stock plastic housings, especially if they've sat out in the sun for the last 13-29 years. Plus you get LEDs with the tail light boxes and they're a lot brighter.
I didn't know they came with the LEDs too.
I would consider them since I'm going to hack up the rear end to get rid of alot of rust. I would probably have to reshape them though.

I like those guys since the product is good, and they are literally right down the road from me.

'00 XJ not quite there..

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #49112
XJ-Buzz
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Garvin Rack

Well other than recent tires, I got this Garvin Wilderness Rack from a member here at a good price so after 3.5 hours...end result.
Solid Product....
picture-264.jpg   picture-261.jpg  
XJ-Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #49113
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
I didn't know they came with the LEDs too.
I would consider them since I'm going to hack up the rear end to get rid of alot of rust. I would probably have to reshape them though.

I like those guys since the product is good, and they are literally right down the road from me.

'00 XJ not quite there..
They don't come with them, but they were an option. You could get them with or without the lights.
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #49114
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I considered doing the steel light thing. Mainly because MJ tails are sooo overpriced. I have a mixed matched set with cracks in both but im not about to pay 100 bucks for a used pair of faded lenses that are 20 years old. But i would have to make my own or modify because I dont know of anyone who makes them for comanches.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #49115
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Oh and i ran in circles today trying to work on the truck. Just one of those days i guess...
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #49116
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Some of us actually use our Jeeps offroad. It doesn't take much for a branch or rock to destroy the stock plastic housings, especially if they've sat out in the sun for the last 13-29 years. Plus you get LEDs with the tail light boxes and they're a lot brighter.
Of course . One of the main reasons to consider a Jeep is off road use .
And , yes , I have smacked a few lens . Dang it . That can get expensive .

I like the idea of LEDs . Bright , like you say , they last almost forever and they reduce the amount of required power , so less stress on the system .

I simply don't care for the overly enclosed lights . Maybe it's the positioning and style of lights . The XJ is a real classic . Those lamps do little , if anything , to compliment the styling . Sure , they follow the body lines , but that's it . There are no other round exterior lights ( stock ) .

It just seems to me that for that kind of money , they should spend a little bit on having them look the part and do the job . They could even use the same box , less the round holes . I could do a better job and I have little experience in that field . Maybe They never received any suggestion on that count or maybe they didn't care for any ...
pdcomm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #49117
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I like the quarter panel armor that goes out over the tail lamps but doesn't box them in, only covers the outer sides of them.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #49118
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ
I like the quarter panel armor that goes out over the tail lamps but doesn't box them in, only covers the outer sides of them.
Yeah i like that too
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #49119
ChEaPsK87
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
I think he means the valve stem core has to be removed .

I used a BFH and a piece of 2x4 ( rounds corners/edges ) .

But , if you have a vacuum pump , it would be a hot knife through melted butter easy .
i never thought about using a vacuum pump for that! will have to give it a try
ChEaPsK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #49120
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge

They don't come with them, but they were an option. You could get them with or without the lights.
Ah, I didn't look at the listing that close. I was feeding the habit at work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ
X2. The only issue I see with that is the sheer weight. That's a lot of steel! But those would cover whatever I end up chopping out, and probably look decent to boot with some alteration.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #49121
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Debating a cut and fold on the rear quarters should I?
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #49122
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post

of course . One of the main reasons to consider a jeep is off road use .
And , yes , i have smacked a few lens . Dang it . That can get expensive .

I like the idea of leds . Bright , like you say , they last almost forever and they reduce the amount of required power , so less stress on the system .

I simply don't care for the overly enclosed lights . Maybe it's the positioning and style of lights . The xj is a real classic . Those lamps do little , if anything , to compliment the styling . Sure , they follow the body lines , but that's it . There are no other round exterior lights ( stock ) .

It just seems to me that for that kind of money , they should spend a little bit on having them look the part and do the job . They could even use the same box , less the round holes . I could do a better job and i have little experience in that field . Maybe they never received any suggestion on that count or maybe they didn't care for any ...
x2
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #49123
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Might have found one of my next purchases if this goes through:
Just a mild build he said. Won't be anything extremely modded he said. I like them. THUMBS UP!!! Lol
image-243630043.jpg  
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #49124
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
Debating a cut and fold on the rear quarters should I?
Go for it. I liked the way mine turned out.
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #49125
BlueBadger

As for me I got my new rear stainless braided brake line installed. Put a new right side hard line bent and installed and got the left side bent but ran out of motivation and day light to install it. That was after running all the way back into town because a got a stick with metric thread, ooops! So I sat on the dock at my pond and drowned a few fake crickets and drank a few beers. Then ate a steak I cooked on my grill. All In all not a bad evening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.