41Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #49081 of Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 AM
Oregon187
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in the middle
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
What about Gateway Park ? Or , Marquette Park ? Or Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore ? Or ...
Those don't count for me. I like the ocean. I like the west coast, north of the Klamath River Delta more than the east or the gulf though. But Indiana is where my family is these days. I do plan on heading up to Dunes one of these days though.

As for my Jeep, I rotated the tires the other day and now I have DW at 50mph...not 45 and not 55, just at 50. I'm thinking it's a tire balance issue.


2001 XJ build thread -- Grunge Munkee
Oregon187 is offline  
post #49082 of Old 05-16-2013, 07:39 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon187 View Post
Those don't count for me. I like the ocean. I like the west coast, north of the Klamath River Delta more than the east or the gulf though. But Indiana is where my family is these days. I do plan on heading up to Dunes one of these days though.

As for my Jeep, I rotated the tires the other day and now I have DW at 50mph...not 45 and not 55, just at 50. I'm thinking it's a tire balance issue.
Well , picky , picky ...

You might try popping the bead on those front tires and tossing a bottle of BBs in each one . Less the bottles and caps , of course .


1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now  
post #49083 of Old 05-16-2013, 08:04 AM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-jeep
Someone just stole my jeep just now waiting for the police
Horse thief's were shot and hanged!!! Lets go old school on their ***!! We ca totally go 3 musketeers on their ***!! But there're more of us Jeepers!!
BlueBadger is offline  
post #49084 of Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM
DezertTJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Marana
Posts: 5,635
I'll be on the lookout for that xj if it makes it to flagstaff
DezertTJ is offline  
post #49085 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 AM
Oregon187
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in the middle
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Well , picky , picky ...

You might try popping the bead on those front tires and tossing a bottle of BBs in each one . Less the bottles and caps , of course .

Yeah, that's what I have been considering doing. Is there an easy way to pop the bead without going to a tire shop?

2001 XJ build thread -- Grunge Munkee
Oregon187 is offline  
post #49086 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 AM
DNFJ
Wannabe Desert Rat
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon187 View Post
Yeah, that's what I have been considering doing. Is there an easy way to pop the bead without going to a tire shop?
tire stem valve remover and a lot of patience

Project Leviathan
'00 XJ 8.5" on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #49087 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Oregon187
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in the middle
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
tire stem valve remover and a lot of patience
But how do I push the tire down off the bead? I don't weigh very much

2001 XJ build thread -- Grunge Munkee
Oregon187 is offline  
post #49088 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:20 AM
zetsubou-jeep
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: colo. city
Posts: 304
Well they found the Jeep and those jerks took everything that they could tires stereo tools anything and everything that they could get their hands on then left it sitting in the dirt less than a mile from where they stole it I hate people cops took an hour to get there last night to take my report too
zetsubou-jeep is offline  
post #49089 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
zetsubou-jeep
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: colo. city
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post

Ya, I had an '87 4dr for 9 years. It happened back in '06.
Lol that's the year that they stole 87 4 door
zetsubou-jeep is offline  
post #49090 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
tire stem valve remover and a lot of patience
I think he means the valve stem core has to be removed .

I used a BFH and a piece of 2x4 ( rounds corners/edges ) .

But , if you have a vacuum pump , it would be a hot knife through melted butter easy .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now  
post #49091 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:25 AM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-jeep View Post
Well they found the Jeep and those jerks took everything that they could tires stereo tools anything and everything that they could get their hands on then left it sitting in the dirt less than a mile from where they stole it I hate people cops took an hour to get there last night to take my report too
I hope you have good insurance .

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now  
post #49092 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Oregon187
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in the middle
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
I think he means the valve stem core has to be removed .

I used a BFH and a piece of 2x4 ( rounds corners/edges ) .

But , if you have a vacuum pump , it would be a hot knife through melted butter easy .
Will a shop-vac work?

2001 XJ build thread -- Grunge Munkee
Oregon187 is offline  
post #49093 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM
DNFJ
Wannabe Desert Rat
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 4,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
I think he means the valve stem core has to be removed .

I used a BFH and a piece of 2x4 ( rounds corners/edges ) .

But , if you have a vacuum pump , it would be a hot knife through melted butter easy .
Yeah whoops, cheers for the catch.

Project Leviathan
'00 XJ 8.5" on 35s

Previous:
'00 TJ 2" on 33" Grabbers
'00 XJ 6.5" on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2" on 31" Baja Claws
'93 ZJ - Stock, Totaled
DNFJ is offline  
post #49094 of Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Oregon187
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere in the middle
Posts: 594
I guess I could have just googled it. I'll have to enlist my Wife's KJ for assistance.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdDD78xZXKI[/ame]

2001 XJ build thread -- Grunge Munkee
Oregon187 is offline  
post #49095 of Old 05-16-2013, 11:30 AM
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset
Posts: 3,133
Rear brake line!!
Attached Thumbnails
image-1437266557.jpg  
BlueBadger is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (5 members and 1 guests)
300cpilot , festerw , Hulking97xj , pdcomm , wizardPC
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 01:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 07:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 09:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 07:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome