Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#65,402 ·
Figured it was a long shot, but didn't know if maybe the PO had installed a locker of some sort, the rig is still kinda "new".

On another note, is anyone else having problems with Photobucket? I wanna show off my new-to-me wheels. ;)
Just posted off of photobucket earlier.

#65,403 ·
#65,408 ·
Well my cruise is all hooked up with the correct switches, and the light comes on, but it doesn't set up once I'm driving D: my AC is t coming out of the defrost vent so I don't think it's a vacuum issue. Can the cable be Misaligned or something?

edit hahaha I"m an idiot, the wires to the actuator werent attached hahaha

I HAVE CRUISE!

#65,409 ·
Well my cruise is all hooked up with the correct switches, and the light comes on, but it doesn't set up once I'm driving D: my AC is t coming out of the defrost vent so I don't think it's a vacuum issue. Can the cable be Misaligned or something?

edit hahaha I"m an idiot, the wires to the actuator werent attached hahaha

I HAVE CRUISE!
Do you know the minimum speed for cruise? I feel like mine does not activate till I am over 45 mph.

#65,413 · (Edited)
Finally got Photobucket to play nice.

So, last night I spent ~7 hours breaking down wheels & mounting tires.

Went from this...

To this...

Total Badassitude! :2thumbsup:

Stauns re-adjusted to 10psi

31's are looking smaller every day. The other advantage these gave me is I was able to loose the spacers. OE backspace ~5.5", new wheel backspace 3.75". I'm actually wider now than I was before the swap.

10 psi looks good now, instead of scary

32 bolts per wheel doesn't seem so bad, until you realise you are going to hit each one 5-7 times with the torque wrench.

This is my first experience with beadlocks, I'm still sore. Today I found out one of them has a slow leak & will need to be broken back down. :crying: I also still have the fifth one to do. Probably just going to wait until my balance beads get here and do those two, and add the beads to the other three. I'm going to need to re-torque anyhow.

I'm beginning to understand why more people don't run these. :laugh:

#65,414 ·
Building a sand volleyball court for a church. My sand guy didn't show up so I'll be finishing it up Monday after school
Awesome, good luck.

#65,415 ·
Today I gave it gas and contemplated when I can do the heater core and replace my ac components.

#65,417 ·

Went from this...

To this...

31's are looking smaller every day. The other advantage these gave me is I was able to loose the spacers. OE backspace ~5.5", new wheel backspace 3.75". I'm actually wider now than I was before the swap.

32 bolts per wheel doesn't seem so bad, until you realise you are going to hit each one 5-7 times with the torque wrench.

This is my first experience with beadlocks, I'm still sore. Today I found out one of them has a slow leak & will need to be broken back down. :crying: I also still have the fifth one to do. Probably just going to wait until my balance beads get here and do those two, and add the beads to the other three. I'm going to need to re-torque anyhow.

Gorgeous!

#65,418 ·

Went from this...

To this...

How much would you want for those old spoked rims? :shhh: