Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#62,388 ·
BlueBadger said:
I see now it's all coming to together. The forum is pimping Vegas out. Lol
I heard they are sponsoring him. :dunno:

Well, I actually got a little work done now that the Jeep is not on DD duty. Drivetrain stripped from the trans back, 8.8 fit and mocked up. Had to drill out the Ruffstuff perches and top plates to accept the bolt RC uses in the leaf packs. Only took a minute, but it made me really appreciate how beefy they are.
Today I got the tailhousing clocked, new t case installed, adjusted the body some for clearance, and got it all hung back up on the stock crossmember to get an idea for flat belly crossmember.

Next chance I get I should be able to set pinion angle and get to welding and ordering a driveshaft.

Considering doing all the front swap stuff in my buddies barn, since I'm really running out of nice days in my driveway...

#62,390 ·
Started pre-trip stuff.

oil change is fresh, flushed the coolant system, brake fluid, tranny fluid and filter, fuel filter.

Took it to a car wash and told em dont bother with the outside, just the inside.

Packed all my camping stuff, recovery gear, tools, fluids, parts, ect into their bins to simplify final loading on thursday night.

Leaving friday at 1200, 3hr drive to Hancock, 3 days of wheeling, 3 hours home, and back to work on Monday.

#62,400 ·
Iam pretty sure it had something to so with the massive amount of water I drove through. The teeth on both looked fine.
The water may have been interfering with the bendix gear fully contacting the flywheel, I would've applied a small amount of grease to it while the starter was out.