What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 2894 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 01-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #43396
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Finally fixed the window switch on my back passengers side door. Yay for rolling my window up and down!!!!

Unread 01-10-2013, 08:37 PM   #43397
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
2 things
1 jeeps off the road for now.
2 8.8 vs 8.25?
8.8 $145 and some fab work.
8.25 $125 bolt in but has disks.
Which to go for?
8.8 is cool but 8.25 w/ disc? If it's 29 spline, get that. 35's are what you want, correct? I thrash mine welded, have yet to break anything in it.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #43398
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I meant that for the 8.8 oops as far as all that stuff were can I get the drive shaft adapter?
Yes 35.5 is what the tires I want measure to.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #43399
Firedog13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon187

That JCR DIY is a great bumper. I didn't even know how to weld when I bought mine. I'm still not an expert but I have a much better understanding of welding now. I have some pics of mine in the beginning of my build thread. The tie in brackets are easy, they just take the place of the standard brackets. You will have two pieces of metal left over.
Funny thing is that your bumper build write-up was a strong deciding factor for my purchase! I like the 2-color paint scheme you did too.
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #43400
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I meant that for the 8.8 oops as far as all that stuff were can I get the drive shaft adapter?
Yes 35.5 is what the tires I want measure to.
Either axle you'll be fine. I had an 8.8, I just did the 8.25 because it bolted in and the shock mounts were already gone so it was ready to be out boarded.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #43401
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going out board to. So I'm happy as hell I think I'll do the 8.8 jus do to it having disks.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #43402
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I'm going out board to. So I'm happy as hell I think I'll do the 8.8 jus do to it having disks.
when you do it, if you get the black magic caliper flip too, you can run the calipers in front to make more room for shocks in the back.

http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/Wiz...D-BRACKETS.htm
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #43403
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
They are a super simple swap, literally cut off 4 brackets, burn in some perches and shock mounts, run brake lines and done.

We sell the driveshaft adapters at iron rock offroad.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...gory_Code=F88S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
when you do it, if you get the black magic caliper flip too, you can run the calipers in front to make more room for shocks in the back.

http://shop.blackmagicbrakes.com/Wiz...D-BRACKETS.htm
^ this

I will be doing the same on mine.
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #43404
Newf0rm
1987 XJ Cherokee 

pulled my cargo area carpet, straight nasty
Now if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
Newf0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #43405
SRH92YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

went to fix what i thought was a broken thermostat to find out there was no thermostat at all lol. i guess after the previous owner over heated he got a little freeked out and didn't want to risk it happening again. unfortunatly i wasn't getting any heat. thought i was going to have to do a flush but the coolant was nice minty green. now with the thermostat in she runs on the line before 210. nice heat. even after idleing for awhile doesn't go over 210. now i guess i'll have to wait until it warms up to see if it stays like that. put in some fresh spark plug wires. bought a new valve cover gasket. about to order the 4.5 inch rough country x series lift with some wheel spacers and a fresh steering stabalizer. planing on taking advantage of their extra 10% off offer if you make a video review of what you got. bought a bunch of flat black paint to do a two tone paint job. shes red right now. top half's clearcoat is totally shot and paints down right gone in a few spots. ordered dynomax catback and a new downpipe after the exhaust manifold. planning on eliminating my cat since i won't be going back to emissions. picking up a replacement passenger tail light and replacing cracked front passenger side turn signal lenses. gonna nightshade those. got pre cut tints comming. big things going on
SRH92YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #43406
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Drove back to Flagstaff and started the XJ up since last doing that in mid december. started right up! Now getting it ready for Phoenix tomorrow, it'll get to see the snow covered highway
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #43407
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

Go for it, you won't regret it but you will miss how clean it all was
I know what you mean, especially this one cuz it is so clean, runs great, drivetrain is all stock. I've actually kept and cleaned up everything I've changed, bumpers, roof rack, door handles, stock suspension.
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #43408
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

I know what you mean, especially this one cuz it is so clean, runs great, drivetrain is all stock. I've actually kept and cleaned up everything I've changed, bumpers, roof rack, door handles, stock suspension.
The first cut is always the hardest
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #43409
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRH92YJ
went to fix what i thought was a broken thermostat to find out there was no thermostat at all lol. i guess after the previous owner over heated he got a little freeked out and didn't want to risk it happening again. unfortunatly i wasn't getting any heat. thought i was going to have to do a flush but the coolant was nice minty green. now with the thermostat in she runs on the line before 210. nice heat. even after idleing for awhile doesn't go over 210. now i guess i'll have to wait until it warms up to see if it stays like that. put in some fresh spark plug wires. bought a new valve cover gasket. about to order the 4.5 inch rough country x series lift with some wheel spacers and a fresh steering stabalizer. planing on taking advantage of their extra 10% off offer if you make a video review of what you got. bought a bunch of flat black paint to do a two tone paint job. shes red right now. top half's clearcoat is totally shot and paints down right gone in a few spots. ordered dynomax catback and a new downpipe after the exhaust manifold. planning on eliminating my cat since i won't be going back to emissions. picking up a replacement passenger tail light and replacing cracked front passenger side turn signal lenses. gonna nightshade those. got pre cut tints comming. big things going on
Anxious to see how the paint turns out, goodluck
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #43410
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

The first cut is always the hardest
I won't be trimming much, really it'll just be the little piece behind the stock bumper end caps, trim the flares off based on where the new bumper sits, and by trimming the flares, off comes the air dam.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.