What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 27 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #391
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

got the horn hidden. driverside horn died when muddin so i just took it off. horn sounds like a boat horn now but sometimes it only goes high pitched and sounds gay. ive been looking into the "bad boy" horn which is a cheap loud horn.

pics

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moTP2q404-k

also got one of the KC mounting brackets on..drilled half the hole for the next..then had to go to work. theyll be mounted tomorrow.

Unread 07-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #392
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

going out to mount the KCs and bajas today.
Unread 07-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #393
justinwalden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
I bought 23.5 gallons of gas at $4.15 a gallon. $97 later and my truck was full . I think I cried a little...

I started figuring out which radiator I'll end up buying. Lately the XJ likes to run a little warm, like 220-225*. I don't think it's the water pump becuase it was replaced within the last few years, and every one in a while I'd get some radiator leakage during the winter. Anyone have a reccomendation? I'd like to get an aluminum one.
bumm deal. i was in my old town of marion, arkansas this week. gas was $3.85. i try to fill up when i have a 1/4 tank left lol it tricks me into believin i spend less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblackXj View Post
Eh, stock XJ's aren't real Xj's to me, lol.
my stock xj has more jeep parts than your xj
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #394
Skipsjh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Topped off the R134A, greased up the suspension/steering goodies, and looked at how many little paint chips I have on the front of the XJ.
Unread 07-10-2008, 07:55 PM   #395
afbond03
2007 JK Wrangler 

Applied the protekto trim and some dupli-color aerosol herculiner to the bumpers.

afbond03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #396
WOEIIXJ01

Fixed the NY registration sticker on the windshield. It was starting to pull away.
WOEIIXJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #397
wokkerk
2000 XJ Cherokee 

drove back through town looking for my fender that fell off and finally found it. Lousy clamps they use to hold those on with in the 97+ if you ask me.

2000xj Freedom Edition "Stormtrooper"
wokkerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #398
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

replaced these motor mounts

and changed the oil, the air filter, and washed it

tomorrow is the oil filter adapter o-rings

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #399
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

got it really wet and saw some cool stuff.

so i was going down to work to pick up a new drill bit because i melted the others drilling the holes for the KCs. we got there and it was fine when i parked (had 2 friends with) and when we walked out, it was pouring. i couldnt even see my jeep. i ran out to it, got soaked, drove up, picked up my friends, got on the highway and then all hell broke loose. it started pouring so hard i couldnt see 10ft infront of me. i was doing 20mph and still felt like i was going way to fast. luckily i got on at just the right time when both lights were red for traffic so there was no one else on the road.

after i got off the highway, i was driving down a 2 way road behind a city service truck when literally 50ft infront of us, a lightning bolt struck a power line which had a transformer on that same pole. the service truck slowed down and looked at it out his window, but then drove off. then about half a mile down the road, i drove up to an intersection to see a crash, nothing huge but both cars obviously totalled and one of them was my friend's. also found out my jeep leaks in hurricane like weather. not to bad but along the windshield right above the mirror.

heres a picture out the front of my garage after i got home. and yeah, ofcourse when i got home it was only wind. the main part of the storm didnt get to our house.

(part of a tree that fell onto the roof while driving.)

garage flooded a little bit.

and the KCs

i left work just in time too. after i left, it hailed golf ball size hail and the winds blew shingles and metal panels off the building and blew a bunch of plywood into the rafters in the yard.

crazy stuff.
Unread 07-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #400
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

heres what comes next. ill decide later if i want the bajas on the outside or in but i NEED the bajas back. i used them all the time when driving home..i forgot how much the stock headlights suck.

the kcs will definitly get used offroad and in some situations where i need a spotlight. all the lights wont be on at the same time, my jeep would probably explode if i tried that. ()

next thursday, friday and saturday ive got off. im gonna pick up lots of wire and solder so hopefully all the lights will be wired up saturday night. oh yeah, rims probably going grey too.

Unread 07-11-2008, 06:36 AM   #401
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Over the past two days i have been spending my lunch breaks rebuilding a front drive shaft to use with my Hack and tap. But i keep running into problems. Currently i'm waiting on a local store to find the outer ring that makes up the cv. when trying to get in the very last clip ring the lip that clips under broke off about 3/4 of the way around.

Pain in me hole!!!
mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 07:27 AM   #402
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
heres what comes next. ill decide later if i want the bajas on the outside or in but i NEED the bajas back. i used them all the time when driving home..i forgot how much the stock headlights suck.

the kcs will definitly get used offroad and in some situations where i need a spotlight. all the lights wont be on at the same time, my jeep would probably explode if i tried that. ()

next thursday, friday and saturday ive got off. im gonna pick up lots of wire and solder so hopefully all the lights will be wired up saturday night. oh yeah, rims probably going grey too.

Grant, why can't you just use the KC's as driving lights? As long as you have them aimed properly, I don't think it would be a problem.

And that storm was CRAZY! Lightning hit a tree in my neighbors front yard and blew **** all over the place. I got home just in time before it got really bad.

As far as the XJ, I looked at it and since it's going to be 100* today, I prayed that it's not going to overheat.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #403
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yet again used ZIP ties to do some repair work
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #404
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
Grant, why can't you just use the KC's as driving lights? As long as you have them aimed properly, I don't think it would be a problem.

And that storm was CRAZY! Lightning hit a tree in my neighbors front yard and blew **** all over the place. I got home just in time before it got really bad.

As far as the XJ, I looked at it and since it's going to be 100* today, I prayed that it's not going to overheat.

theyre illegal. theyre 130w so theyre twice the legal wattage..plus theyre a blue and driving lights are SUPPOSED to be yellow or white (even though you see those damn lexuses with those annoying blue lights). but when im not using the bajas, i got some covers that will make them look like theyre just decoration or something like that.

and since its going to be over 100 degrees, take your doors off
Unread 07-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #405
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
theyre illegal. theyre 130w so theyre twice the legal wattage..plus theyre a blue and driving lights are SUPPOSED to be yellow or white (even though you see those damn lexuses with those annoying blue lights). but when im not using the bajas, i got some covers that will make them look like theyre just decoration or something like that.

and since its going to be over 100 degrees, take your doors off
Really? I guess my cheapo fogs are illegal since I put 100w bulbs in em .

I'd love to take the doors off, but I'm leaving home for the weekend and she drives the XJ during the week. Prolly not a good idea to have her drive to work doorless since she works Downtown, she'd prolly get mugged.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.