Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#48,221 ·
Joshharris98xj said:
Threw some new bolts in in the rain but the threads are stripped so it looks like I'm going to take longer bolts drive them through to throw a nut on the other side.
Remember, the caliper has to "float". If you put a bolt and nut, it might not be able to slide left and right as the rotors/pad wear out. Caliper is $20 at autozone/advance. You might need one.
Bragging rights: I changed a caliper on the side of the road in 20 minutes.

#48,223 ·
Went wheeling with a buddy and some girls and they told me I wouldn't try a hole so I did and buried the xj up to the bumpers. Huggggeeeee storm was coming and the girls got mad at me. Winch line 10ft to short of the closest tree. And the tow strap wasn't enough either to get to a tree. Friend came in an excursion 20 min later after letting my jeep idle with no e fan under water for 20 min. Temp was right at 255 when I got out so I was quick to get air flowing and I don't think I cracked the head gasket. All in all fun time and we all got real muddy

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#48,226 ·
XJ99XJ said:
Heard a poping from the front left wheel while braking*hard*. Crawled underneath and found it was missing top "caliper bolt". Went too PnP got three spares.

Went too replace the missing bolt, just too find that it's stripped on the knuckle end!

I'm in the exact same position today but both of mine are like that I'm just going to get a longer bolt and throw a bit and washer on it.

#48,231 ·
Have a set of 4 super swaper tsls mounted on jeep aluminum rims. There pretty dry rotted two dont hold air for very long, the oter two do. I personally do not trust them for a a dd, that is why i need the gone. Someone make me an offer an come pick them up. Im located on the jersey shore. Pm me for more info

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Automotive tire Wood Road surface Tread Composite material

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Road surface Tread

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

The one looks pretty bad, ill pump it up now and see of it holds air at all. Make me an offer

#48,238 ·
A bit of wheeling...

Attachments

#48,239 ·
Got the first coat of monstaliner on my bumper. And washed it this morning. Spent 8 bucks at the carwash just getting the bulk of the mud off. Clogged that drain pretty good :shh: still need to give it a good bath to get all the stains off. And because its going to the bodyshop on thursday to get the drivers door adjusted. The top needs to be tweaked in a little, theres a visible gap between the door seal and the door.