What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 2391 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 05-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #35851
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateyz2000

Nice... I like the black rims w/white letters...
Yeah thanks I think k the white letters just make it look way better lol

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #35852
87CherokeeKevin
1987 XJ Cherokee 

87 mj

I just bought another Jeep...not a big surprise there, considering I now have 3. Just picked up a 1987 MJ 2wd shortbed 2.5 AW4. Runs pretty good for an 87, but accelerates like a dog. Possibly some diagnostics to do, but I think Im gonna take another route. The uni-rails on my 92 rotted out n broke, rendering it very unfit for road use. So I think Im just gonna do a full '92 overhaul on this '87, pull the engine, trans, wiring harness, and interior out of the '92 (4.0, AW4) and put em in the '87. I took the High Output in the '92 and stroked it to 4.6L and have put not even 1500 miles on it since then, so there's no point to letting that engine sit around.
Ive been lookin for awhile now, and managed to find this little slightly weathered gem about 2hrs away from me for $400, so I bought it. Needs some bodywork here and there, but thats to be expected from a 1987 Michigan MJ.
87CherokeeKevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #35853
TreyXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Repainted my roof rack

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/highschool-xj-build-1214338/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/highschool-xj-build-1214338/[/URL]
TreyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #35854
Back_In_Black
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Today I decided to park it until I can get the front axle joints replaced, along with whatever else has gone to **** with them. Most likely will be driving my roommates mini cooper to work for the next week or so until the extra money is available.

She is dirty as hell, reaks of gas when you start her up, and the alignment is so off, it's starting to show in the tires.

My CEL code is for a massive evaporative system leak, so Ny tips on how to take care of that would be nice.

Also found a black TJ with an hp44 and 9". They only want 7ish for it. Kinda tempting.

As of right now, my plans are as follows...

Replace front u joints.
Change oil.
Flush tranny fluid, as well as t case fluid.
Continue saving money for the lift and 37s, as well as parts for the axle swap.

As much as I want to finish my XJ with my own hands, the local craigslist, as well as pirate 4x4 offer some killer deals on built xj's and tj's for about the same price as what I would get if I cashed in ally chips on the xj.

We shall see how it plays out.

[QUOTE=AustinTJer;9988995]Have you ever seen and or filmed a rainbow? More specifically a double, possibly triple rainbow?[/QUOTE]
Back_In_Black is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #35855
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirlgod View Post
hunted down why my rear washer never worked....shot pump motor. Out with the old In with the new...now if only I can find out a way to run hose to the wiper: the connections circles in red. Any ideas?
How hard was it to remove the pump? Just pull the splash shield back and unplug it?

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #35856
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got a little dirty a little too muddy for me but I was suckered I'n to it and then this...I love it what do you guys think? After today my bumper was just hung up on stuff not any more
image-3622628032.jpg   image-3644110118.jpg   image-434672741.jpg  
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #35857
Oregon187
too broke to build

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj
Got a little dirty a little too muddy for me but I was suckered I'n to it and then this...I love it what do you guys think? After today my bumper was just hung up on stuff not any more
Too much mud is annoying, I prefer tight technical trails and seemingly unpassable obstacles personally. The bumper looks good, I love the mean view of the tires from the front. And you can't get a much better approach angle.
Unread 05-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #35858
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back_In_Black View Post
Today I decided to park it until I can get the front axle joints replaced, along with whatever else has gone to **** with them. Most likely will be driving my roommates mini cooper to work for the next week or so until the extra money is available.
do what ya gotta do.

Quote:
She is dirty as hell, reaks of gas when you start her up, and the alignment is so off, it's starting to show in the tires.
DIY driveway alignment isn't too hard. http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoAlignment.htm

Quote:
My CEL code is for a massive evaporative system leak, so Ny tips on how to take care of that would be nice.
check all the stuff associated with the gas tank. get underneath and make sure the filler neck isn't torn, the charcoal canister is hooked up and nothing is plugged up.

Quote:
Also found a black TJ with an hp44 and 9". They only want 7ish for it. Kinda tempting.
details? miles, year, suspension? any potential hack jobs that will need to be fixed?

Quote:
As of right now, my plans are as follows...

Replace front u joints.
Change oil.
Flush tranny fluid, as well as t case fluid.
Continue saving money for the lift and 37s, as well as parts for the axle swap.
good plan.

my.02 is make it fun/reliable to drive before you mod it further. once you do that, everything else is gravy.

Quote:
As much as I want to finish my XJ with my own hands, the local craigslist, as well as pirate 4x4 offer some killer deals on built xj's and tj's for about the same price as what I would get if I cashed in ally chips on the xj.

We shall see how it plays out.
I had the same thoughts...unfortunately this is socal and everyone sells their **** for too much.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #35859
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon187

Too much mud is annoying, I prefer tight technical trails and seemingly unpassable obstacles personally. The bumper looks good, I love the mean view of the tires from the front. And you can't get a much better approach angle.
Thank man as you can tell the tires are well they speak for them self,I can't wait to get my new tires. I have been following a guys thread(can't think of the name) and I have decided to maybe go the lowcog rout not too crazy though. I am with you on that one i like things that take time to get through and climb over! When we wheel my buddies always make fun of me because um trying to do stuff my xj is just not capable of like climbing crap but this time I was suckered In to a few runs through the mud
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #35860
kyjeeper4life
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 05-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #35861
TitletownZJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Took out the fron axles to get the u joints replaced tomorrow. the pass side the bearings were just falling out.

Member of Titletown Jeepers
TitletownZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #35862
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

went fishing and took some pics.

didnt catch anything

anyone else see this... i thought it was pretty funny
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...142429294.html

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #35863
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes
went fishing and took some pics.

didnt catch anything

anyone else see this... i thought it was pretty funny
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...142429294.html
You have to trim it's taking away from your jeep
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #35864
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ripped out inner fender splash guards and fixed a rattling exhaust. Picking up some 5-spoke steelies tomorrow
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #35865
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

You have to trim it's taking away from your jeep
I know. Just need a nice day and time. Was gonna do it Monday but it rained. Might buy something other than a dremel to trim. Ideas?

Red 00 XJ lifted
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.