What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-28-2008, 06:31 AM   #271
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

After seeing you guys seafoam your trucks I ended up doing it yesterday, it smoked nicely, my neighbor mowing his lawn thought I set something on fire. It was good, I must say it idles a lot better. I took off my front flares and had the bracket holes so I filled them with stainless machine screws, it looks good.I also cleaned the truck up a little bit, oh and picked up a set of BF Goodrich A/T Today I will remove the side moldings and paint the rockers on the truck. I bought my truck a week ago it was smashed in the front and rear, i fixed all that. I have completeld so much in the last week, I love my Jeep!

TC2XJ414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #272
BftXJ

where do you guys put your seafoam in at?
JCR stage 2 sliders
Detours Tailbone Tire Carrier
Flowmaster 40, dumped after axle

Last edited by BftXJ; 06-28-2008 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: went tarded and couldnt speel
BftXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #273
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I got the jeep ready for its wheeling trip today. Hopefully i'll be posting in the wheeling picture thread and not this thread saying i broke somthing
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #274
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BftXJ View Post
where do you guys put your seafoam in at?
Pull your intake hose, start your truck and lightly (I mean very lightly) pour seafoam directly into the throttle body, the truck will hesitate a little so back off and than keep going, it recommends 1/3 of the can I did 1/2 into my TB and the other 1/2 into the tank. Turn the truck off and let it sit for about 10 mins, than start the truck and give it throttle, decent 4K throttle jump a couple times and you will blow out a lot of thick white smoke from the seafoam it will clear after 2 or 3 mins, take it a ride around the block might not run great but after it is all done. Your truck will idle like a dream and have better throttle response, etc.
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #275
dudeinajp
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

changed oil............
dudeinajp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #276
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Today I went for a little ride in the Pines, wouldn't call it wheelin just an early morning trip, took two pictures of Batsto Fire Towe that over looks all the 115,000 sq miles of the Pinebarrens in NJ

Unread 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #277
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I did the tranny switch yesterday.

It was the wrong solenoid, so I need to switch it.

Thanks god for the complete FSM I found online.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #278
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2XJ414 View Post
After seeing you guys seafoam your trucks I ended up doing it yesterday, it smoked nicely, my neighbor mowing his lawn thought I set something on fire. It was good, I must say it idles a lot better. I took off my front flares and had the bracket holes so I filled them with stainless machine screws, it looks good.I also cleaned the truck up a little bit, oh and picked up a set of BF Goodrich A/T Today I will remove the side moldings and paint the rockers on the truck. I bought my truck a week ago it was smashed in the front and rear, i fixed all that. I have completeld so much in the last week, I love my Jeep!

click free and looks good man. i did the same thing with my fenders and it works great..no mud on the door handles or nothing.

for seafoam, i took off the part of the intake that connects to the throttle body and used a funnel to put it directly in there. just make sure your jeep doesnt die on you. then i shut the jeep off, re-connected it and let it sit and cranked it back up.
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #279
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

aircruiser, yeah i was looking at it the one day and i was like what can i fill it with, and i seen a jeep with stainless screws holding on bushwacker flares so minus the flare plus the screws, looks good. BTW Your XJ Rocks, I think I might pick up a Surco and throw some H500's on it too.

As far as the seafoam, at first it was idling like **** than after I blew it out, I went trail riding this morning just to clean it out and now the truck runs so much smoother.
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #280
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Today I went for a little ride in the Pines, wouldn't call it wheelin just an early morning trip, took two pictures of Batsto Fire Towe that over looks all the 115,000 sq miles of the Pinebarrens in NJ

Anyone like?

By the way I was thinking about removing the door moldings today and using duplicolor bed liner on the the rockers and wells and stuff, yay or nay?
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #281
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

looks good but your jeep is to clean

nah man just kiddin, any trail is better than no trail

thanks for the compliment..your jeep looks like mine about a month after i owned it..besides the fact that its a four door and is white.

as far as removing the trim and bed-lining, are you trying to copy me?

kiddin again, i would definitly do it..make sthe jeep look much more rugged and less street tamed. if youre gonna do the fenders and such like i did..it takes alot more time but in my opinion, its worth it. expecially with the screws in the holes..it really sets it off.

have fun man

edit: and im glad i spent the money on the roof rack and hellas over soft 8s. the stoke 5 spoke steelies are growing on me. i think they look better..especially covered in mud. ive already used the surco a couple times and the hellas on it really make it stand out.
Unread 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM   #282
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
looks good but your jeep is to clean

nah man just kiddin, any trail is better than no trail

thanks for the compliment..your jeep looks like mine about a month after i owned it..besides the fact that its a four door and is white.

as far as removing the trim and bed-lining, are you trying to copy me?

kiddin again, i would definitly do it..make sthe jeep look much more rugged and less street tamed. if youre gonna do the fenders and such like i did..it takes alot more time but in my opinion, its worth it. expecially with the screws in the holes..it really sets it off.

have fun man

edit: and im glad i spent the money on the roof rack and hellas over soft 8s. the stoke 5 spoke steelies are growing on me. i think they look better..especially covered in mud. ive already used the surco a couple times and the hellas on it really make it stand out.
Like I said your jeep rocks! It is clean because I cleaned it for the first time yesterday.

Dirty Jeep before new tires, last weekend

In the week I have had my Jeep this is what I have done.

Replaced Front Bumper, Front Cover, Grille, HeadLight Covers
New Turn Signal and Side Marker Lenses
Replace Rear Bumper
New Brake Pads/Rotors and New Rear Pads for Drums
New Alternator
New Battery
4 New BFG A/T's
Removed Bumper End Caps, Front Fenders
Filled with Stainless Screws
New CB Radio System
Repaired front door door speaker wiring
Oil Change
New Valve Cover Gasket
Air Filter
Seafoamed

Thats all I can think of right now, theres been a lot more misc maintence. I bought it from an older guy who lived inner city so it had its faults, never wheeled. Wasn't treated much like a Jeep, now that I have it I take care of it and WHEEL IT!

Ok to Pepboys I go, Gonna go pick up some Herc, remove the moldings and paint away. Will post final pics tonight!
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #283
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sounds good man..just remember to prep it good and tape off the areas you dont want to herc. the adhesive for the moulding is probably gonna be the worst part of the job. trying to get it off. my xj was owned by some old guy in virginia who babied it to death. ive unleashed it's inner jeep though.
Unread 06-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #284
TC2XJ414
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Ok Went to Pep Boys picked up a can of Herc, Came home and removed the moldings, I liked what I had did so I don't know if I wanna Herc it yet, I have to sleep on it, let me know what you think!

Unread 06-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #285
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Ok Went to Pep Boys picked up a can of Herc, Came home and removed the moldings, I liked what I had did so I don't know if I wanna Herc it yet, I have to sleep on it, let me know what you think!

click free
looks good! keep it up
6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.