Since I had already replaced my front Rusty's shocks with OME's, it was time to tackle the rears last night. Thinking the previous owner had already replaced the stock shocks with Rusty's parts, I figured I'd be perfectly fine with the upper shock bolts. Wrong. First one came out just fine with the impact. 2nd twisted right off. 3rd came out nicely so I figured I'd take it easy and try a ratchet on the last one. Spun it off. WOW was it a pain drilling those out and tapping the hole again. Got it done but took forever.
I also removed the stock bumpstops to put on longer ones from JO. The stock ones were dryrotted and starting to rust the metal underneath, so I scraped off all the rust and paint and sprayed the framerail with undercoating. Also took the rear sway bar off and undercoated where that used to be. I didn't know what size the shock bolts were, so I had to use the bumpstop bolts to hold the shocks in. I'll be getting new bolts for both hopefully tomorrow and can replace the shock bolts as well as put the bumpstops back in.
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit