Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#22,147 ·
Got around to getting wet and cold installing the rear portion of the Napier V2 Flares :)

Attachments

#22,150 ·
Well looks like my last wheeling trip was very very unkind to my rig. found today that my gas tank is leaking ad that to the damaged cover and the fuel pump relay issue and it was a great time on the trails.

I did get my steering stabilizer swapped out and cleaned a lot of the mud off in prep for axle swap next weekend and now gas tank swap. at least its going to be a little easier to swap the tank with the axle out of the way.

#22,153 ·
Stayed up WAY late to finish and install my rear quarter guards with quick disconnect mud flaps.

Here's the link to the thread I started with complete build up shots etc.

Here's a quick peek to wet your appetite.

I guess it could technically fit in the I did this for 100 bucks or less thread as well if you don't consider welding supplies and the auto darkening helmet I bought so I could see my crappy welds.

Attachments

#22,154 ·
Went mudding today at Robie Creek. I was one of the only guys who did not get stuck and I took all the hard lines. 32's and open diffs for the win. Almost ripped my bumper off trying to tow out a full size cherokee chief

That was under the turn signal lense before I started winching. :rofl:

Chevy S10 with LS1 and 38" boggers

#22,156 ·
^^^

how exactly is that winch mounted in the first place?

and whose suburban needs a new front bumper? Holy flying projectile batman!
It's mounted to the unibody and the bumper. The reason the bumper did that is from the wreck. The bumper mount was cracked from my wreck last week.

#22,158 ·
Looks like it's time for more metal and welding.

You must have had some pucker factor when the bumper started to move/bend.
Actually I just started laughing and stopped winching. The bumper and winch are gonna get sold and I'm gonna buy a real front winch bumper. It actually pulled it out since it had been smashed in during the wreck.

This is what I was trying to tow the cherokee chief out of. That is Hobojo on here stuck next to him.