What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 1103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #16531
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
Great, now we have cops illegally wheeling. I'm sure that escalates the number of people writing letters to their congressmen about a "growing problem".
i would love to meet those letter writers...

and x2 on the amber orange jeep

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #16532
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i filled my transfer case with dex3 wich the peeps at work said to use, umm is that the right stuff to use ? lol
93 2wd pos xj sport *sold*
89 nissan 240sx *wrecked*-03 Cbr954rr *traded*
2nd 89 nissan 240sx *sold*
lk123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #16533
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
are you kidding there is about 50 threads on this
yea, were are they, cuz i couldnt find one... pm a link or 2 or answer the question....

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #16534
freestylekid33
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Painted my fender flares and end caps.. And yesterday i washed all the mud off it so its nice and clean to go to the jeep blessing and get it muddy again lol.
freestylekid33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #16535
XgarrettJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

put my rough country 1.5" wheel spacers on and fixed the problem with my passenger windows not working
FOR SALE.. 4500obo

1995 Dodge 12v Cummins
2500, rclb, 5 speed
Daily driver, tow rig, work truck
XgarrettJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #16536
AUSHii
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Engine codes came up today made me sad. LOL
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #16537
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
yea, were are they, cuz i couldnt find one... pm a link or 2 or answer the question....
I made one search

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM   #16538
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
I made one search
good for you... you obviously have searched this question b4, i am a noob... i am still getting my tires dirty, i ask cuz i dont know... i ask cuz i want to know the answer to a question i have not been able to find the answer to myself. i ask here cuz i know the vast majority of folks here have more experience than i and should be happy to help, and are the right people to ask becuz lets face it, most other people are just plain idiots.

so yea, i have made a few searches myself, but ran into information overload... and not finding what i am looking for after hours of reading... maybe i am not searching right, not picking the right threads or something... I do not ask a question unless I am unable to find it after hours of looking...

so with 2-3 inch of lift, will my stock control arms be ok till i can get the money together to get some good ones or do they need upgraded at the same time as the lift?

take my comments as you will, i am not an a$$ or anything, i just get pissed at people that think they are better than everyone else cuz they know and think it should be common knowledge, if it was it would not be asked all the time...

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #16539
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

try some of these when searching such as quotes. It will allow you to search words with 3 letters or less. The forum search works similar to google.

Google Search syntax dissected - Night Dreaming (by Sudar)
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #16540
RMC_xj
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
Actually I find amber fire orange to be the best color, followed by GmP.
Agreed, if only due to it rarity.
RMC_xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #16541
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
the cops dont care, they only show up to please who ever called... hense y i never get ticketed! they cops no were just having fun, they just tell us to leave for the day. hell ive seen some cops wheelin there when they arent working...
your spelling isnt helping your case either

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
Light him on fire already and give me your jeep
haha man you really want an xj huh? sorry man shes taken!

today went to upull to get the check for the car. went in and found a 97 xj with full factory skids! the tcase skid bolts only spun but i got the tank skid! now just need to swap in the new non-leaking tank and i can put the skid on!
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #16542
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lk123 View Post
i filled my transfer case with dex3 wich the peeps at work said to use, umm is that the right stuff to use ? lol
yep, that stuff will do fine. any auto transmission fluid should do

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #16543
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
yep, that stuff will do fine. any auto transmission fluid should do
I've got a bunch of ATF+4 laying around from my ZJ days, can I use that as well?

My XJ is still at the shop... I feel like somehow I'm repeating myself but they rethreaded the caliper mounting holes before and I just noticed the bolts were kinda loose and wouldn't torque down so they took it back and are drilling and heli-coiling it

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #16544
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
good for you... you obviously have searched this question b4, i am a noob... i am still getting my tires dirty, i ask cuz i dont know... i ask cuz i want to know the answer to a question i have not been able to find the answer to myself. i ask here cuz i know the vast majority of folks here have more experience than i and should be happy to help, and are the right people to ask becuz lets face it, most other people are just plain idiots.

so yea, i have made a few searches myself, but ran into information overload... and not finding what i am looking for after hours of reading... maybe i am not searching right, not picking the right threads or something... I do not ask a question unless I am unable to find it after hours of looking...

so with 2-3 inch of lift, will my stock control arms be ok till i can get the money together to get some good ones or do they need upgraded at the same time as the lift?

take my comments as you will, i am not an a$$ or anything, i just get pissed at people that think they are better than everyone else cuz they know and think it should be common knowledge, if it was it would not be asked all the time...
'cause and because first of all. And your the noob? you have one month up on me haha! also poping off to a senior user isnt going to get you ****ing answers so dont be a smart ***.

as far as your question lil wheelin buddy bro man dude. you will be fine up to 3.5" of lift depending on what tire size your going with. I was at 3" with stock steering and everything on my 01 and finally (2 weeks be fore the wreck) I used rear lower control arms off a stock ZJ or WJ to push my axle out 1.5" to not make me rub as bad.

And if your gonna do anything dont buy a BB trust me look around the forum. learn from our mistakes and and your own. thats why im happy im getting another XJ, im going straight 5.5" long arm SYE, CV, and trimmed fenders. if anything go minimal of 4", TC drop will suffice in that case till you can buy SYE/CV shaft combo. also dont be scared to cut and fold your fenders, its no big deal just take your time. I dont think im better then anyone but we all had to learn. every damn person on this forum, so dont be pissed off when you dont get your answer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 04-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #16545
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

^man hope I didnt overload the guy....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.