Been workin' like mad on the xj the last week or so. It never fails just when you think you're done....you can find a million other things to do. Put the hack n tap on. Made some shackle drop brackets (courtesy of EricsXJ) and put those on. Noticed the end was sagging about a 1/2 inch, so I picked up some 1" blocks and longer U'ies and bolted that in. Raised the rear up really good, and then started to cut the fenders out so I can stuff the 36's. Overall it's going to give me another 2 or so inches of up and 3 or so down travel from where it was before. Also working on some A-pillar guards, will get some pics of those tomorrow as I get more done.
Yay! Alum. blocks!
Take it easy on those bad boys. I like the shackle thing though.
I polished my wheels, repainted the front axle, vacuumed, and washed it.
-1998 XJ Sport 4.0L-
-6.5" RE/Rustys/RC lift, Custom Y-link LAs, custom shackle relocation boxes, Pro Comp/RE monos-
-315/75/16 Toyo MTs on Moabs-
-Shaved 8.25 w/HD shafts/Auburn LS/4:10s, HP30 w/ Lock-right, sliders, HD track bar bracket, AA SYE, AppA TC skid, AFE intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Bored TB-
Fixed the bearings in the 44, wasn't the carrier bearings, they were Timkin, but it was the pinion bearings that were bad, Replaced all of them just to be safe, $80 Federal Mogul rebuild kit from O'Reilly's had everything I needed.
1989 XJ Limited, Was a freebee from orignal owner.
4.0L EFI – Auto – NP242 - Dana 35
Mods so far:
RE 4.5 SuperFlex - ACOS (adj coil spacers) - 15x8 - 33x10.50 AT - Dynomax Exhaust - custom frt bumper w/frame stiffners - custom base plate for towing
Washed her today, and on my way home stopped at a local used lot and test drove a 98 two door w/ a 5 speed.
160K, they want $3,700 for it. I am not really in the market for a new XJ, but had to drive it just because it had the 5 speed.
dude you know you want it. i paid $3600 after taxing and licensing for mine with 200k but i had the carfax for its whole life. it was babied to death. gotta love the 5-speed
__________________ 1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
I replaced the leaky factory radiator with a nice CSF 3 row. While I had everything apart I also put in a new thermostat and new waterpump, new hoses, and a new belt. I also put on a new cap and rotor, new plugs and wires.
I finally put in my AA SYE yesterday. It took quite a while, but that was because I was trying to rebuild a JY front driveshaft I bought and it wasn't cooperating. I also had to make a sears run to get a 1.125" socket for the yolks. Of course my buddy had three 1 1/16" sockets, but not one size bigger. The install wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Since I never finished up the extra driveshaft, I took off the front one and stuck it on the back. I also didn't use any shims because my rear pinion was already angled up for some reason. I didn't do the lift install, but something raised the pinion. Drove it over an hour home at speeds up to 65 mph with absolutely no vibrations. I kept the TC drop on for now since I finished at 2:30 in the morning and just wanted to get home. I'll pull it when the TnT skid goes on.
My RE lift and TnT belly pan are on the way, AJs sliders are already sitting in my parents garage. Can't wait to get it all put on and buttoned up.
re torqued the bolts from the lift install. broke the upper control arm bolt on the drivers side axle mount. i was using stock torque specs and it just pulled it apart. must have been a bad bolt. so i replaced it with a grade 8.
Completely stock, and keeping it that way...