What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 1056 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #15826
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE=hotrod_hooligan;9251193]The socket set is my buddies, it's Husky brand.

Not exactally sure what bent the UCA bracket, but since I've also bent the stock driver side UCA about a year and a half ago, I'm starting to wonder if the problem may be related to the 4 link design, and why a lot of people switch to 3 links, the binding that can happen with a 4 link w/pan hard bar in the uppers. Though I haven't researched enough into the 4 link w/pan hard VS. 3 link w/pan hard, to explain it.

Well if you haven't been jumping it I would say that the amount of lift you have on the stock arms is whats doing it. Closer the angle of the arms gets to 45 degrees, the more vertical stress you put on them. Pass 45 degrees and your control arms will be absorbing a lot of impact from the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #15827
7urtle
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
Selling my jeep and buying thease. hahaha

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 2 Door

jeep cherokee 4x4 ford 9" rearend

i went to work. ordered head
[URL="[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url]"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url][/URL] -[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]1UMF[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor[/COLOR]
7urtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #15828
Hartab
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Went Doorless.....

Hartab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #15829
hidperf
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Charged my A/C and installed my front Diff protector from Rough Country.
hidperf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #15830
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post

are your calipers hanging by the brakelines?

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #15831
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

got the tires balanced and rotated

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #15832
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Just washed all the mud off of it from last weekend...I already miss the mud that was on there before...

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #15833
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

hatch swap aint going so good broke the bolt that holds the lock from the original hatch in so im effed there. im starting to cut out the metal so i can cut the bolt out and my dremel dies, just great. and i dont have a daily driver right now so i cant drive down to menards and swap the dremel out. wtf. painting the front bumper, also replaced the burnt out roof light and the wire is shorter than the old one so now i have to extend that wire. stuff just aint going right tonight haha
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #15834
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
Selling my jeep and buying thease. hahaha

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 2 Door

jeep cherokee 4x4 ford 9" rearend
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7urtle View Post

i went to work. ordered head

this.

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #15835
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Drove to Sears to see if my Grandpa's mower needs a new air filter (doesn't), drove to dealership to find out what originally came transfer case wise in my Jeep (has 242 bezel, but 231 came with it from Factory and 231 in it). Dealership also had a 2010 JK Wrangler Islander there. Looks good, but not 34k good.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).

Last edited by 99goldxj; 04-09-2010 at 06:25 PM..
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #15836
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Also, stopped to look at a travel trailer I seen. It is basically a pop up camper, but it is double the length of one. And where the camper part stops, there is trailer space. The one I am dreaming about weighs about 1300 pounds. An XJ should pull that fine right? I just wish I had the 7500 they wanted for it.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #15837
grovesb2
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj View Post
Also, stopped to look at a travel trailer I seen. It is basically a pop up camper, but it is double the length of one. And where the camper part stops, there is trailer space. The one I am dreaming about weighs about 1300 pounds. An XJ should pull that fine right? I just wish I had the 7500 they wanted for it.
A 2000 XJ 4x4 can tow 5000 lbs
grovesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #15838
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj View Post
I tow a 22 foot bayliner with a 5.0 on a dual axle trailer fairly often. XJ can do it all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #15839
kirbWJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

bought a new-to-me XJ 2 days ago, today i re-did the electrical connections from the battery to the starter and terminal etc., working on climbing under there and getting the support for my glasspack mounted... and i wheeled it!
kirbWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #15840
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHuss View Post
Well if you haven't been jumping it I would say that the amount of lift you have on the stock arms is whats doing it. Closer the angle of the arms gets to 45 degrees, the more vertical stress you put on them. Pass 45 degrees and your control arms will be absorbing a lot of impact from the road!
Not really worried too much about my control arm angles right now, as I should be swapping some RE control arm drop brackets soon, but at 4.5" of lift they are no where near 45*. I would have liked to put the drop brackets in the same time as the front axle, but my buddies still waiting for his RC long arms to show up, and I couldn't wait any longer on the new axle. As soon as the long arms show up, and we can get them in his Jeep, the drop brackets can go in mine.

And depending on how projects go this summer, I should start building my own long arms by early Fall at the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearingthin View Post
are your calipers hanging by the brakelines?
I'm ashamed to say that yes they were, I normally set them on the LCA's when ever I have to remove them, but with the axle pulled... I should probably find some wire coat hangers to use, but I never have any.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.