250Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15226 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 06:21 PM
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
link to said PSC kit? Ive thought of doing a WJ power steering pump conversion, but I dont remember where the thread was and lost the link.

Edit: maybe it was a zj... dammit.
(PK1652) 95-06 4.0 Jeep high volume pump kit [PK1652] - $399.00 : PSC Motorsports, Off-Road Steering Experts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15227 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 06:32 PM
3xratedxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered a bunch of parts for her. Anyone need a D30 carrier for 3.73 and up gears? Was originally gonna re-use my aussie up front with my 4.88's, but bought an Eaton Elocker since I do a lot of driving in the snow. So now I have a new in the box carrier lying around that I don't need.

Edit: It's just the open carrier itself, no spider gears or anything.

JEEP: The dirtiest of the four-letter words
post #15228 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
afbond03

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
Nice, did that setup come with the covers? How much?
Amazon.com: KC HiLiTES 233 Daylighter - 6 In Black 100w Long Range Off Road Light System (Pair): Automotive
That setup is on sale. I bought it last week. The covers he posted up are like $11.99 each I believe, purchased separately.

You know Jesus wasn't married. No wife lets you come home after three days with the excuse "I was dead".

post #15229 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Prepped some more to leave tomorrow morning for PA... on the road by 0700, 400 some odd miles ahead to my destination, just wish it was under better circumstances...

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Stock height , winch, recovery gear, roof basket, and a few other mods...

post #15230 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Put new "marine" terminals on.

I'll probably replace the battery cables this summer sometime.
hey, i got them same ones on my jeep, didnt know they were Marine ones... i got'm cuz they fit what i needed to do when i installed my winch

post #15231 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Angry_bald_guy
1985 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp15dc View Post
I pulled the vin, the 10th digit is a P, its a 93 grand with hood vents.
I did say stock which means it was entirely possible that it was swapped onto it from a 5.9 limited.

Darrel

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

JFI Member #13

post #15232 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
How close is the positive to the body? I'm considering doing a set of Marine Terminals, but kinda worried about accidental grounding/shorting of the positive terminal.
The positive is the one on the drivers side, so pretty far away. And its not like the stock lead terminals were protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
hey, i got them same ones on my jeep, didnt know they were Marine ones... i got'm cuz they fit what i needed to do when i installed my winch
I think what makes them "marine" is that they use a post and wing nut instead of clamped on wires. But yeah they make adding accessories easy, part of my motivation. Plus the stock lead ones were ugly and corroded, and permanently "clamped" you had to pry them off, and hammer them on, lol. I wanted something brass.

And I like your sig!

_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output

"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
post #15233 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

started building my rock sliders. a little smaller than i wanted, but for free scrap i am not complaining. all built from 1.75" tube. no bender, so it is cut an weld.

1998 ZJ-- lowered a touch

2005 GMC 2500HD 496 C.I.

Fat Amy-1989 K5 blazer. Linked, lifted, 38.5's on won tons. Big Girls can play in the woods too.
post #15234 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think what makes them "marine" is that they use a post and wing nut instead of clamped on wires. But yeah they make adding accessories easy, part of my motivation. Plus the stock lead ones were ugly and corroded, and permanently "clamped" you had to pry them off, and hammer them on, lol. I wanted something brass.

And I like your sig!
yea, got mine after i got the winch, wanted something that was easier, and they fit the bill and i had already replaced the factory ones a while ago before the newest set and they were something soft and started giving me problems with the neg connection...

what part of sig do you like??? fill free to copy and paste as you need.

post #15235 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:39 PM
joshrad
1997 XJ Cherokee 

So I just picked up some seafoam and I poured 1/3 of it in the throttle body while it was running, turned it off for about 7 minutes and when I turned it back on there was no smoke show. I had it on for almost ten minutes occasionally revving it but the most that happened was some moisture on the ground where the exhaust pipe dumps. Does that just mean I'm lucky and there was no buildup in the cylinders? Or did I **** it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
post #15236 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
yea, got mine after i got the winch, wanted something that was easier, and they fit the bill and i had already replaced the factory ones a while ago before the newest set and they were something soft and started giving me problems with the neg connection...

what part of sig do you like??? fill free to copy and paste as you need.
The wheelers prayer. I dont want my sig any longer, I just thought It was clever.

_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output

"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
post #15237 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks Warn

God I love that slogan

Quote:
P.J. O'Rourke
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
post #15238 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The positive is the one on the drivers side, so pretty far away. And its not like the stock lead terminals were protected.

And I like your sig!
hmmm my stock ones have plastic covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
So I just picked up some seafoam and I poured 1/3 of it in the throttle body while it was running, turned it off for about 7 minutes and when I turned it back on there was no smoke show. I had it on for almost ten minutes occasionally revving it but the most that happened was some moisture on the ground where the exhaust pipe dumps. Does that just mean I'm lucky and there was no buildup in the cylinders? Or did I **** it up?
mine just had really light white smoke but it lasted a while

-matt
post #15239 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM
underpowered
Bouncin' on a Budget

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
i have always dumped it in till it killed the motor, not shut the motor off myself. mine has always smoked like no tomorrow when doing this

1998 ZJ-- lowered a touch

2005 GMC 2500HD 496 C.I.

Fat Amy-1989 K5 blazer. Linked, lifted, 38.5's on won tons. Big Girls can play in the woods too.
post #15240 of 89023 Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 PM
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by underpowered View Post
i have always dumped it in till it killed the motor, not shut the motor off myself. mine has always smoked like no tomorrow when doing this
thats probably not good since its basically probably hydro locking or just way overly fueling the combustion chambers

-matt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.