What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 1013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #15181
4DoorXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Today i went ruberized undercoating crazy and sprayed the entire underneath of my 2001 cherokee sport.

4DoorXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #15182
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I just found the friggin 4wd switch while I was messing around under the Jeep. Jumped the connector and let there be light! the 4wd light came on for the first time ever! Haha So using a swivel socket wrench and a 7/8 deep socket (damm I love having a full socket kit) I was able to fit in this tight little spot:

and pulled out this little bugger

and with some mini alligator clips and a digital multimeter from my electrical engineering toolbox I verified it as not working. I tampered with it a bit and got continuity for like half a second but I've determined this thing is SHOT.

I would love to pick one up from a junkyard but all of the XJs there have their wheels removed so I can't get under one unfortunately and it costs $20 for them to lift it and put it up on stands to get stuff from underneath...

Soooo, where can I buy one of these, I'm looking for a 4wd switch for a 231. Looks pretty simple, just a ball that gets pushed in when you're in 4wd by a piece of metal.
Do you wear pajama pants when you work on your rig?

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #15183
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was able to fit in this tight little spot.
Atta boy.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #15184
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt41 View Post
Do you wear pajama pants when you work on your rig?
Who doesnt

They're easier than Jeans especially when you need to get underneath the Jeep or in weird spaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton View Post
Atta boy.
dammit... lol well I guess I'll take that as a compliment..

I just drove 5 minutes over to autozone because a birdie told me they have the 4wd switches as a universal part but I got there at 8:01... and apparently they now close at 8 and not 9. I asked the guy locking up the door if I could grab it real quick and he said nope, company protocal !@#$%^&*&^%$# Well I wasted some gas in my little frenzy. I'll pick it up tomorrow after classes

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #15185
GoneJeepin
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered this rack Here and a two sets of black KC 130w daylighters.
GoneJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #15186
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorXJ View Post
Today i went ruberized undercoating crazy and sprayed the entire underneath of my 2001 cherokee sport.
i thought you were grounded?

and i doubt you did it right, did you prep the surface, cause it if was prepped properly than it would take a long time.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:06 PM   #15187
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

decieded i going to sell my 31x10.5x15 BFG a/t mounted/balanced on a silver ecco. lol lookin to get 100 o/bo for it... i need it gone i have no room. pm me for info.

oh and i sound a big pile of sand from last wheelin trip lol

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #15188
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looked for a vac leak, found out I probably have a cracked head

YouTube - 2000 jeep cherokee sport whistle noise from Motor i think

Bought my wife's a 660 amp battery.
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #15189
mp15dc
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Went to the pick n pull and grabed the electric fan and all the wire,switchs off a 93 grand cherokee. I didnt know the grand had hood vents, didnt grab them though.
mp15dc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #15190
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

between today and tommarrow, i am preparing and packing for my road trip this weekend... going to PA again... wish it was for better circumstanses...

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 08:49 PM   #15191
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
Looked for a vac leak, found out I probably have a cracked head

YouTube - 2000 jeep cherokee sport whistle noise from Motor i think

Bought my wife's a 660 amp battery.
You do have the 00-01 which is well known for developing cracks in the head.... but I would definately research the problem further.

To make you feel better, my XJ has a low RPM whine like that too, but its just not as loud.... and I have verified my head is NOT cracked. I was told it was an XJ thing but just to make sure I researched it further. In my situation, its something on the belt making noise. I've narrowed it down to either one of the idler pulleys or the AC compressor pulley. Now, I dont want to promise thats the problem, because that is a pretty loud whine and mine does it all the time and not just at high speeds, just saying you should do some more research and get a second oppinion

I kinda like mine though haha makes it sound like I have something cool in my i6.

edit: watched the video again, It actually is more different that is a more defined whistle than I thought. I agree with the vaccuum leak thing you probably have a tiny pinhole thats making all that noise. If its the head you'll notice things like lost coolant, low idle, low oil pressure, rough running, steam out of the tailpipe.... etc.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #15192
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ordered my SOLID diff cover for the D30, picking up a riddler 8.25 cover soon, ordered window regulator for passengers side, drove to work and back and same tomorrow
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:15 PM   #15193
Angry_bald_guy
1985 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp15dc View Post
Went to the pick n pull and grabed the electric fan and all the wire,switchs off a 93 grand cherokee. I didnt know the grand had hood vents, didnt grab them though.
I'm pretty sure only the 98 5.9L ZJ had hood vents stock.

[B]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[/B]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f271/matilda-928184/"][B]My Former Jeep[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/build-up-jeanine-993071/"][B]My Current Jeep[/B][/URL]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]JFI Member #13[/B][/COLOR]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/dont-dishonest-seller-860174/"]Report a scam on JeepForum.[/URL][/B]
Angry_bald_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:19 PM   #15194
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

got my freaking rc tranny crossmember on finally ...
93 2wd pos xj sport *sold*
89 nissan 240sx *wrecked*-03 Cbr954rr *traded*
2nd 89 nissan 240sx *sold*

Last edited by lk123; 03-25-2010 at 11:22 PM..
lk123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #15195
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
If its the head you'll notice things like lost coolant, low idle, low oil pressure, rough running, steam out of the tailpipe.... etc.
I have a feeling it may be smaller than that guy's "6 inch crack"

I have noted no coolant loss, idle is at about 700rpms, steady, a little rocker clatter, I get moisture dripping from the pipe but no smell, it runs good and has power.

That said the squeeeeeeee sounds just like that guys and it is EXACTLY the same. Also I failed to mention, I am the guy ALL the bad **** happens to.

Tomorrow Ill pop the oil cap and look for a crack, if none I will pull the valve cover and maybe yank the intake to check that gasket.
The noise is impossible to pinpoint its location. It sounds like the dead center of the engine but if you pull the cap its no louder. It is louder than my radio will go. Its REALLY loud. Like a smoke detector under the hood.

I am on like 7 forums. This one kicks ***

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.