Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#20,241 ·
Thinking of installing some Hella lights on the stock bumper for some extra luminence on the roads I take home. They normally have deer near them and my stock lights suck at night. I want to mount them just inside of each light, will I hit the vaccum stuff there?

#20,242 ·
that sucks man! insured?

im waiting for the local truck yard to close so i can use the ramp to flex up on so i can take the coils out and put in the BB lol
the glass is free, but the hood is gonna have a large deductible. Gonna be searching some junkyards for a new one.

#20,243 ·
Thinking of installing some Hella lights on the stock bumper for some extra luminence on the roads I take home. They normally have deer near them and my stock lights suck at night. I want to mount them just inside of each light, will I hit the vaccum stuff there?
no nothing to worry about back there, the vaccum canister is on the pass side under the turn signal.

#20,244 ·
A little torch and grinder work

Hacked off the protuding part of the hitch on my bumper, I like the smoother look. And its still functional enough.

#20,247 ·
got my front lift installed :D i love when people say they "install" a front BB..i took it out, flexed it out, pulled out the coil, put in the puck, put in the spring, boom, done, LOVE LONG ARMS!

now to put in the new tracbar and get the back end up.

#20,249 ·
Broke an axle shaft today:::dam you dana 30 with aussie......%$#@ this sucks how much are chromolys (sp?)

#20,251 ·
I did the autopal H4 euro conversion with the eautoworks harness w/ 100w bulbs and TOOK THE TIME TO AIM THEM PROPERLY, and dang: its GOOOD.
The Hellas will also be nice, remember any airflow blockage in the rad airstream will reduce coolilng efficiency.....

#20,252 ·
I did the autopal H4 euro conversion with the eautoworks harness w/ 100w bulbs and TOOK THE TIME TO AIM THEM PROPERLY, and dang: its GOOOD.
How long did it take you to install the eautoworks harness? I've had it sitting in the garage for MONTHS. I installed the H4 housings (IPF), but never got around to doing the harness.

#20,253 ·
How long did it take you to install the eautoworks harness? I've had it sitting in the garage for MONTHS. I installed the H4 housings (IPF), but never got around to doing the harness.
Took me about a half hour. Its pretty easy since its all plug and play, no crimping or cutting. It probably took me ten minutes just to find my tools since I took off the grill and headlight surrounds to gain better access. Made a big difference for me! Today I watched the gas gauge go down. I have about 1/4 take left and went 241 miles. Not bad I guess considering I usually never drive highway. Gotta throw my new plugs in this weekend finally. They've been sitting on my work bench for 3 months. :laugh: Something about the coil rail always makes me put it off.

#20,258 ·
electric impact from HF is pretty cheap and works. That's what I picked up :D
ugh i know i want one so bad but gears, winch, radiator and school debt first LOL

Holy tall jeep batman!

You going to run bigger tires? :rofl: the 35's look so small again.
those are my 34s..the 35s will look bigger :rofl: ruppert from IRO runs this same setup at 7" and 35s and he loves it..granted it flopped in moab :cheers: wheeling trip next weekend we will see how she does! need to get the back end up too before then. so much to do so little time!