Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#20,182 ·
So, I said goodbye to it today, I'm now 400 miles away from it in college town. Kind of happy I didnt bring it up here just yet because it was 99-102 degrees on the highway today and the XJ does NOT have a.c. back just yet. Plus I never got to fix the a.c. bearing. Plus... well, idk I dont know how the AW4 would have liked 400 so miles tacked on so quickly, mines quite content with the around town stuff instead. We did the ride in mom's Denali with air ride suspension and ice cold a.c... theres a switch on the side that adjusts how much side bolster you have and lets just say I was extremely comfortable. We also got 339 miles to a 20 gallon tank which gives me inspiration for the Jeep. Sad to say that the XJ is going to remain in the garage and the WJ will come up with me to college for safety and reliability reasons haha. Good news is I should be able to afford having both insured/registered so I can drive the XJ when I'm at home (yay)

#20,183 ·
Painted the lower parts of the doors finally, but still need to cut and fold the rear fenders and paint that. Also replaced the track bar after spending a couple hours every Saturday for the last 3 weeks or so just trying to remove the old one, finally got it off today.

#20,185 ·
i did some "Flexing" in my driveway!!

after the tow truck dropped me off when my Wheel fell off on the HIghway... GOOD TIMES!!!

i had taken the Jeep to NTB to have the tires rotated and balanced on friday and then sunday i was headed to the hospital to see a friend of mine and the as i was driving down the off ramp the wheel exited stage right and went off into the woods.
all i can figure was that NTB either over torqued the lugs or did not tourque them enouth 3 of the studs were sheared off and the other 2 studs popped outta the hub they were there but just kinda flopping around.
ground a decent flat spot on the rotor bent the caliper bolts and puckered up my butt hole!

took these while i was waithing for the tow truck...

the tire bounced up into the fender denting it beyond repair (bone yard trip this weekend!) and it knocked the flare clean off... the flare is scratched up but not cracked or broken and all the bolts are accounted for except one, i think that saya a lot for bushwacker flares!! considering that the wheel fell off and all i had to fix was the studs and breaks i feel like i lucked out.

well this was not "Today" it was sunday night but i just got the pics uploaded....

#20,187 ·
Wow, bet it was quite a ride!
Same thing happened to my uncle, years ago...
So, you talk to an attorney, or the shop (NTB?) yet?

#20,188 ·
^Tires coming off or blowouts on the highway suck hard man. Had a front blowout going about 70 on the highway, tire blew completely off the wheel. SCARY and soooooo many sparks.

I drove my XJ in the rain on the way to work today for the first time in maybe a month (rain that is). Slippery out there...lol.

#20,189 ·
Wow, bet it was quite a ride!
Same thing happened to my uncle, years ago...
So, you talk to an attorney, or the shop (NTB?) yet?
I talked to manager if the store, he told me to take it to a shop and they'd cover the bill for all the damage I told him that I had to fix it my self that night because I had to work at 11p that night. It happened at 6 got it home around 7 ish, the parts store closed at 8. It was hectic hour but I got to use my sister's charger (trac control button turned off :shhh:) got to the parts store and got it all finished around 10ish. I gave them my receipts and for the parts and they gave me a check. I am going to a body shop today on my way home from work to het an estimate for the fender and any other damage that I have not noticed. They said they would cover that too and the guy that worked on my Jeep was let go. I kind of felt bad about that but hey it was kind of a big deal....

#20,190 ·
I talked to manager if the store, he told me to take it to a shop and they'd cover the bill for all the damage I told him that I had to fix it my self that night because I had to work at 11p that night. It happened at 6 got it home around 7 ish, the parts store closed at 8. It was hectic hour but I got to use my sister's charger (trac control button turned off :shhh:) got to the parts store and got it all finished around 10ish. I gave them my receipts and for the parts and they gave me a check. I am going to a body shop today on my way home from work to het an estimate for the fender and any other damage that I have not noticed. They said they would cover that too and the guy that worked on my Jeep was let go. I kind of felt bad about that but hey it was kind of a big deal....
I am stoked to hear that they looked after you...that is VERY dangerous.

#20,196 ·
I didn't know you couldn't put 5.13's in the 8.25 :( just joking about the G2's
Yeah and I think 4.88's only came on the market recently for them.

#20,197 ·
i did some "Flexing" in my driveway!!

after the tow truck dropped me off when my Wheel fell off on the HIghway... GOOD TIMES!!!

i had taken the Jeep to NTB to have the tires rotated and balanced on friday and then sunday i was headed to the hospital to see a friend of mine and the as i was driving down the off ramp the wheel exited stage right and went off into the woods.
all i can figure was that NTB either over torqued the lugs or did not tourque them enouth 3 of the studs were sheared off and the other 2 studs popped outta the hub they were there but just kinda flopping around.
ground a decent flat spot on the rotor bent the caliper bolts and puckered up my butt hole!

took these while i was waithing for the tow truck...

the tire bounced up into the fender denting it beyond repair (bone yard trip this weekend!) and it knocked the flare clean off... the flare is scratched up but not cracked or broken and all the bolts are accounted for except one, i think that saya a lot for bushwacker flares!! considering that the wheel fell off and all i had to fix was the studs and breaks i feel like i lucked out.

well this was not "Today" it was sunday night but i just got the pics uploaded....
Did you just steal my pics or something??

I didn't feel like paying for a tow, so I just jacked mine up on the side of the road and changed the hub there.

Same thing happened though, the studs sheared off

#20,200 ·
with the 5 speed they say 4.56s will et me back to stock and from what ive heard, the 4.88s arent as strong but who knows.
You are correct on fo eighty eights, the the teeth are smaller than on a numerically smaller gear, there fore the teeth are more likely to shear off.

I think 4.56s would be perfect for your jeep.