What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 1006 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #15076
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakoolaidkid View Post
'94 XJ with 165,000 miles on the original engine. Gas light came on and pulled into the station, 15 gallon tank / 330 miles = 22 MPG! And that's all stop and go traffic to and from work.

Filled up the tank and it took 15.9 gallons. Riddle me that, kids.
wow I couldn't get that if mine was just coasting everywhere lol. Are you sure u didnt forget to reset the trip odometer? My friend did that once and was like omg I got 28 mpg in a Ford Ranger. Then hes like wait a minute.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #15077
thakoolaidkid
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99goldxj
Don't see how. I did 80% highway and 20% city and only got 19 mpg. Miles seems right, I got about 222 to a 1/2 tank of gas. Was about 11 gallons of gas. Maybe it is right, but doesn't sound it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03
wow I couldn't get that if mine was just coasting everywhere lol. Are you sure u didnt forget to reset the trip odometer? My friend did that once and was like omg I got 28 mpg in a Ford Ranger. Then hes like wait a minute.
Guys, I'm as shocked as you are, haha. I definitely reset at the last fill up. I reset again before leaving the pump today and I will be doing the same route, I'll let you know what happens.
Oct 2010 Moab Trip: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/need-advice-first-moab-trip-1093854/index3.html#post10341304"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/need-advice-first-moab-trip-1093854/index3.html#post10341304[/URL]
thakoolaidkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #15078
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakoolaidkid View Post
'94 XJ with 165,000 miles on the original engine. Gas light came on and pulled into the station, 15 gallon tank / 330 miles = 22 MPG! And that's all stop and go traffic to and from work.

Filled up the tank and it took 15.9 gallons. Riddle me that, kids.
get your build sheet form jeep, you may have a 20 gal tank, and dont forget there is a reserve build in on top of you can fill a lil more even after the auto shut off on the pump... in addition, your fuel gauge may be off, i know mine is, when the low fuel light on mine comes on, i have about 1/4 tank left... just some ideas...

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #15079
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

also pump to pump can be a lot different, i think there is a +/- 10% on the amount you get (the % might be lower but i think i remember hearing 10) either way the variation can be enough to give you varied results
-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #15080
lk123
1993 XJ Cherokee 

cut off the lower arm brackets. then made sure i had all the parts in my kit
93 2wd pos xj sport *sold*
89 nissan 240sx *wrecked*-03 Cbr954rr *traded*
2nd 89 nissan 240sx *sold*
lk123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #15081
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I started painting parts and figured I'd share.

One of the rims I got off of another forum member. The four I painted look good for the half arsed prep I did. Light sanding with a wire wheel, spray off with brake cleaner, wiped down, and shot with rattle can industrial enamel.

Now I'm pondering what to do with the center caps. Leave it silver, paint it all black, or tape off the center disk with the Jeep logo, and paint the outside black. Any suggestions?

I also primed & painted my nut strips.

Tomorrow evening, I want to start on my rock rails.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #15082
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cut the holes in my bumper ends for driving lamps and fabbed some brackets. Installed the lamps.
Wiring tomorrow. Picked up 5 Canyons with tires for $250. Bought some plastic paint for all the black stuff

Going to get a tool kit together to go grab some doors at the JY on Saturday if my kid will fall asleep in the next 45 minutes.
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM   #15083
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
Cut the holes in my bumper ends for driving lamps and fabbed some brackets. Installed the lamps.
Wiring tomorrow. Picked up 5 Canyons with tires for $250. Bought some plastic paint for all the black stuff

Going to get a tool kit together to go grab some doors at the JY on Saturday if my kid will fall asleep in the next 45 minutes.
I would LOVE to see those holes and brackets, you should even give us measurements lol! I need some driving lights in the bumper myself.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #15084
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
I started painting parts and figured I'd share.

Now I'm pondering what to do with the center caps. Leave it silver, paint it all black, or tape off the center disk with the Jeep logo, and paint the outside black. Any suggestions?

Tomorrow evening, I want to start on my rock rails.
Say you leave the jeep and the outside silver, and paint the rest of the center disk black

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #15085
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Today, i was making a left at a light and after i complete the turn, and hit about 40 to 45 i got this nasty vibration, and it didnt go away until i slowed down until about 30. So i went home and tightned the bolts on the hack and tap a little bit, then i checked all the cv shaft u jointsn ( they are all new and were installed less than 2000 miles ago). I never ever had ANY vibes before, i've never expirienced driveline vibes before, but im assuming thats it. It could also be coming from the front end....but to tell you the truth i'm not even sure where its coming from, the entire jeep vibrates like crazy! any ideas? please help lol

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #15086
csouers
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Today, i was making a left at a light and after i complete the turn, and hit about 40 to 45 i got this nasty vibration, and it didnt go away until i slowed down until about 30. So i went home and tightned the bolts on the hack and tap a little bit, then i checked all the cv shaft u jointsn ( they are all new and were installed less than 2000 miles ago). I never ever had ANY vibes before, i've never expirienced driveline vibes before, but im assuming thats it. It could also be coming from the front end....but to tell you the truth i'm not even sure where its coming from, the entire jeep vibrates like crazy! any ideas? please help lol
All bushings in check? How about mud and crap built up on tires/rims? I had a problem before where there was a bunch of THICK dried mud on the back and fronts of my rims on the passenger side. It vibed like crazy at 55 and got worse as i went faster. I went home, scraped it all off, gave them a good wash, washed all the suspension, and it went away. Haven't had a shaking problem since.

My Photography
csouers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #15087
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj View Post
Just for grins check your lugnuts
I had a wheel come loose this summer, very similar situation
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #15088
FairlanePhil
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
I would LOVE to see those holes and brackets, you should even give us measurements lol! I need some driving lights in the bumper myself.
these are in the stock rectangular location. I just trimmed the OE area out and bought a cheap set of clear fogs

When my cam is recharged and I finish up some stuff I'll take a few pics
Unread 03-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #15089
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlanePhil View Post
these are in the stock rectangular location. I just trimmed the OE area out and bought a cheap set of clear fogs

When my cam is recharged and I finish up some stuff I'll take a few pics
that'd be great, brackets especially because I have a cheapo set of fogs I bought for down there but no good mounting ideas

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #15090
7urtle
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcxleatherneck View Post
oooooo...... sorry I'm tarded

You think that it itself has gone bad? I have checked, and rechecked all the vac lines I can find, but cant find a leak. Do they just go out like that?
im goin to post in your thread so it will be easier to find
[URL="[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url]"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url][/URL] -[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]1UMF[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor[/COLOR]
7urtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.