Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#20,082 ·
Drove up to campus to get my books. There goes more jeep money. Tonight I passed 100k. Tomorrow it resumes school commuter vehicle duty.
Congratulations she is still a baby now go for the 200k :D

Doesn't it behave weird with that idle so low? it's like 200 rpm below mine :confused:

#20,084 ·

Doesn't it behave weird with that idle so low? it's like 200 rpm below mine :confused:
Is my idle low? :confused: It does seem to idle pretty low but I'm not sure if its lower than normal.

#20,086 ·

Come talk to me when you're knocking on 300K young grasshopper.

#20,087 ·
100K? It's almost broken in..
thanks I hope it goes for awhile. I don't have money to lift it so I try to just take care of it the best I can. I'd love to hit 200K although I already have a nice lifter tap. :(

#20,088 ·
Do you have a write up?
no, but if i can find the one i found around here a while ago, ill post it here. if not ill pm you some info i have.

today i did a little body work, prepped for bedliner and rolled it on.

#20,089 ·
no, but if i can find the one i found around here a while ago, ill post it here. if not ill pm you some info i have.

today i did a little body work, prepped for bedliner and rolled it on.

with that big-*** scratch on the rear door you should have taken the bedliner up to the pin stripe to cover it up and protect it from future trail damage. :2thumbsup:

#20,090 · (Edited)
Made a receiver mounted tire carrier.

The only thing I bought was the hitch extender, everything else was scraps left over from other projects. It's mostly 2x2x1/4 tubing, which is a little heavy, but it's what I had in my garage.

Most of what I weld is 1/8", and the 110v wire welder is great for that... but for this 1/4" tubing I had to fire up the 220v stick welder. What fun! I forgot how satisfying it is to really burn metal together. :)

It still needs paint (currently drying) and a latch (in the mail). I'll post a photo of the finished product.

(edit: paint and latch now shown installed)

#20,092 ·
with that big-*** scratch on the rear door you should have taken the bedliner up to the pin stripe to cover it up and protect it from future trail damage. :2thumbsup:
thats also a dent too. i got that and the one by the tail light from the same tree. the bedliner is more of an exterior rust prevention mod. vehicles dont last through to many pennsylvania winters.

here ya go jeepspeed18. refer to post #3. if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/trimmed-fenders-stock-flare-question-920462/

#20,094 ·
yours looks pretty good if i remember it correctly.

#20,097 ·
remember this?

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content