Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#20,042 ·
finished building my sliders

#20,050 ·

Had a killer day at the junkyard. Sorry to theguys that lost there xj's but thanks for the parts. Stole a soft 8 off one red xj. The other red xj I got sliders havnt searched to see what kind, warn transfer case skid, and my my brother got stainless steel front brake lines, sye adaptor. Now I just gotta put them on.
nice. they look like JRC stage 1.

#20,051 ·
Got them from 4wd.com. g2 44's with 5.13 and a front 30 spline arb and rear 33 spline detroit. Right now I have the stock 8.25 and 30 and in storage I have a 30 and 8.25 from a 99 xj. They will be for sale soon. :D
Holy **** Jeff! I just looked at the $$ on 4wd.com and you have more invested in those axles than I have in my whole HEEP :D They are nice as hell though. :thumbsup:

#20,052 ·
Let me know how much you want for those when you're ready to sell.....and how much was that setup from 4wd? That's f'n perfect. VERY nice!
Will do. I got several other things at the same time including the arb pump and it came to right at $5000.

Holy **** Jeff! I just looked at the $$ on 4wd.com and you have more invested in those axles than I have in my whole HEEP :D They are nice as hell though. :thumbsup:
Yeah, I paid 1200 for the jeep and have close to 10k in upgrades(might be more, thats just a guess). I still have to get some steel and shocks once I figure out how long they will need to be.

Just ordered the rear truss. :D

I dont know what Im going to do in the front for a truss yet.

#20,054 ·
Will do. I got several other things at the same time including the arb pump and it came to right at $5000.

Just ordered the rear truss. :D

I dont know what Im going to do in the front for a truss yet.
MAN I'm jealous. I had a wish list that I was going to start chipping away at, but the wife is going to cut back to part time to start her own business. There goes the play funds :(

#20,056 ·
Going to the junk yard tomorrow to look for lebarron hood vents. If anyone knows someone selling some let me know. :thumbsup:

#20,057 ·
Cut out 4" holes in front bumper and recessed 3.5" lights into them, and cut out hood for "DIY" vents. Pics to come. To Jeepspeed, check out "grill-o" aluminum sheets at lowes or home depot. I just picked up some for 5 or 6 bucks and cut the desired holes in hood. Epoxy from the backside and yer all set. In total I have MAYBE $15 in the project.

#20,058 ·
figured out that my drivers side LCA is moving around in the drop bracket, the bolt isnt moving though. meaning only one thing, the RE rubber bushing is shot...again...what a surprise. :brickwall

#20,060 ·
Got them from 4wd.com. g2 44's with 5.13 and a front 30 spline arb and rear 33 spline detroit. Right now I have the stock 8.25 and 30 and in storage I have a 30 and 8.25 from a 99 xj. They will be for sale soon. :D
how bad was it running 35's on stock axles?