What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #136
wokkerk
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Today I thought about my Jeep....since Im in Argentina for another week. Three months with no Jeep sucks. I never suggest it to anyone

2000xj Freedom Edition "Stormtrooper"
wokkerk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #137
norsky
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Aircruiser,

You don't get any grief from the cops not having a rear bumper? I plan on ordering some stuff from Summit too, i heard they are great to work with.
MN Jeeper #18
norsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #138
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
BTW aircruiser, for a no lift jeep etc, its looking really nice. I love what you have done with it.

I agree summit is the best online store ive ever dealt with, and convenient because i can get any part i want in less the 24 hours since they are only 50 minutes north of me.
I agree, it's a kick *** XJ! Seeing your XJ w/o flares is actually made up my mind to rip mine off. Since your Herc'ed is making me want to do that too!

Dude, your sooo freakin' lucky to be that close to a speed shop. I'd kill to be that close to a Summit or Jegs. I've always had great service from both Summit and Jegs. The free stickers are nice too.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #139
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
I agree, it's a kick *** XJ! Seeing your XJ w/o flares is actually made up my mind to rip mine off. Since your Herc'ed is making me want to do that too!

Dude, your sooo freakin' lucky to be that close to a speed shop. I'd kill to be that close to a Summit or Jegs. I've always had great service from both Summit and Jegs. The free stickers are nice too.
Yeah i guess i am pretty lucky, but if i went there all of the time i would be disappointed because i wouldnt have any money. Only actually been there once. IMO better off just paying the shipping and saving time and gas doing other things.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #140
freemans97XJ
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have been grinding on the top 2 torx bolts on my bellhousing....if I ever find the Jeep employee who put those there

(yes I stripped them....It was my fault....but I need to vent )

John
Unread 06-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #141
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Starting to spray paint the underside of my jeep black. Looks pretty good so far.
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 08:39 PM   #142
pfcstone777
2000 XJ Cherokee 

today i kryloned my fender flares, bumper endcaps, and plastic trim things(dont know what they are called)... everything is flat black. i will get pics up tomorrow of it.
pfcstone777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #143
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Prepped the new (used) tranny for installing tomorrow. also ordered new rotors, drums, pads, and shoes.
webdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #144
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks for the compliments all, and dont worry, ive got nearly a grand still so a lift will be coming soon. 3" rough country lift.

MBJR9, thanks for the compliment..id definitly go flareless. i look at my jeep and keep wondering why i ever had the flares on. they just cover up empty space in the rear and barely cover anything up front. ive actually been asked if i was selling it 3 times from people who were offering to buy it when i was taking pictures of it. but theres no way id let this jeep go for under 20 grand.

freeman's, i hear ya man. i stripped 3/4 of the torx bolts on my front bumper and grinded em off. i replaced them with hex head bolts and washers. makes things 10x easier.

and about the cops, havent been hasseled by them yet. around where i live, theres some guy with a toyota pickup thats got 37" SSRs with a big lift and no bumpers or bed and i always see it driving around ever since ive started working there so im assuming either the cops dont care about him either or he has an *** load of tickets and is rich enough to afford them.
Unread 06-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #145
mavrick480
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Bought it a new AC Compressor Will be installing tonight.
mavrick480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #146
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Sprayed my rockers with duplicolor bedliner yesterday.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #147
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Tried to figure out what mod I want to do next... either rear hitch or some fog lights...

And had to fill the tank
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #148
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

hitch will get you out of places if you get stuck in them and fogs will help you see where the places that will get you stuck are

as for me..got the surco done and the gutter mounts done and mounted it.

and ofcourse, had to take it out and get some good shots

in the driveway

4 hellas on order tonight or tomorrow.
Unread 06-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #149
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Haha, you are building, you are tearing down!

Looks awesome.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:23 PM   #150
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man and dont worry...after the lift comes the welder.. then ill be making all sorts of stuff for the jeep. right now its just a work in progress.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.