Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#61,845 ·
I have driven my XJ so little the last month and a half I haven't put fuel in it. And it's still above 1/4 tank.

#61,851 ·
#61,852 ·
drove the clunker today, it ran really good til i hit a small puddle. after puddle it died at a stop light. cranked right back up and drove to a set of train tracks where it stalled again. cranked right up again and was good for a few then died again. this time it didn't want to start, just crank. took me about 6 minutes to get it goin again. luckily i don't need it for about two weeks. i guess i am gonna have to do some work to it pretty soon.

#61,853 ·
We are a group of individuals that worship a box shaped unibody that's been out of production for over 13 years. There's no shame to be had here. :D
and you just made my signature

In XJ news, my heavy duty tie rod will be in this week and my buddy's WK just got 32s and I feel inferrior now so the tires are getting fast tracked

#61,856 ·
cross posting this from my built thread in case anyone doesn't look at it, but might have an idea

"I've had a problem since jump street on the jeep. The wipers would just stop randomly and would never cancel.

The switch on the column was replaced with a used one from a intermittent wipers jeep without tilt. I don't have intermittent and i do have tilt. So I thought that was the problem. I bought the correct switch and installed it and also changed the wiper motor. Same issue.

Its a short somewhere that's going to dead ground pulled the break smoked a paperclip orange in about 1 second. It would just quit randomly wipers in the middle of the windshield and sometimes reset the radio, flick the headlights and stop the heater. sifting through a schematic now as the wipers decided they will no longer work at all."

#61,857 ·
Went to pull-a-part and got front door latches from a zj and rear door latches from an xj (the xj had no front doors, and they only had one 97+).

They're $120 each shipped online. $11 each.

Got home, replaced the driver side ones, and put the passenger side ones in the garage. The passenger ones haven't gone bad yet but 6 weeks ago both my driver side ones were working fine.

So that saved me like a grand doing it myself.

Also, they'll sell me zj leather motorized seats for $29 each so that's on the list now.

#61,859 ·
********* Please reply if you know the answer!! *****

I drained the oil after my head gasket went just to check (due to awful noises). I found decent size pieces of metal in it. Instead of rebuilding a motor with 25X,XXX I've decided to pull the motor outta the 94. Plan is to rebuild the whole top end, weld the crack on the exhaust, new gaskets. Am I gonna have any problems bolting it up to the 98?