What age group are most XJ drivers? - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What age group are most XJ drivers?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

View Poll Results: XJ Drivers Only: What is your age group?
0 - 21 93 37.20%
22 - 29 76 30.40%
30 - 39 38 15.20%
40 - 49 19 7.60%
50 - 59 14 5.60%
60 - 69 8 3.20%
hush child, it's not polite to speak of these things. 2 0.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #166
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I am old enough to know no matter how many times I tell the kiddies on here that they are better off saving more money to buy a decent lift, But We all know they will buy RC and be pleased with it until it falls apart 6 months down the road then I will have to post in the thread they created saying why is my lift sagging ? With a reply that says told ya to buy a better kit !

Unread 06-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #167
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
I am old enough to know no matter how many times I tell the kiddies on here that they are better off saving more money to buy a decent lift, But We all know they will buy RC and be pleased with it until it falls apart 6 months down the road then I will have to post in the thread they created saying why is my lift sagging ? With a reply that says told ya to buy a better kit !
Why is my RC lift sagging?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #168
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
I used to have a TJ, but prefer the longer wheelbase of the XJ. Aside from that, I like not being stuck with a lp30 and d35 from the factory. Oh and my beer cooler is too big for a TJ.
Same here, but since my wheeling has obviously got to the point where I thrash more, I'm learning the limits of the unibody. My next build will be a TJ/YJ...
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #169
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Don't forget: they're probably neglecting maintenance/repairs in order to buy that RC lift (and new stereo receiver and speakers) as well. Tune-ups and fluid changes aren't "cool" enough dontchaknow.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #170
Modstock
1999 XJ Cherokee 

One more for the 30+ group .
Modstock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #171
customizer1000
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post

Or older people tend to have more money and can afford something newer. XJs are cheap and there are plenty of them which makes them more obtainable for younger people.

I'd be willing to bet that most of the younger people who have XJs didn't pick their first one as their first choice, but it grew on them after owning it.
They aren't cheap when you keep building them!
customizer1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #172
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by customizer1000 View Post

They aren't cheap when you keep building them!
Each step is cheaper. Put $5k into a XJ, and 5k into a Toyota Tacoma and see which rig gets more done to it.
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #173
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

Each step is cheaper. Put $5k into a XJ, and 5k into a Toyota Tacoma and see which rig gets more done to it.
I have to disagree, all my future mods are more expensive than my previous mods and I already have over $5k into mine.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #174
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123 View Post

I have to disagree, all my future mods are more expensive than my previous mods and I already have over $5k into mine.
For a Tacoma, of equal quality to the XJ I started with, I'd have paid twice as much right there. The rest depends on how obsessed you are.
Unread 06-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #175
SaretteJeep

I'm 19 and my xj is my first vehicle but where I live, its mostly older people who keep it stock.
SaretteJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #176
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaretteJeep View Post
I'm 19 and my xj is my first vehicle but where I live, its mostly older people who keep it stock.
In that case, the smallest mods will help you to stand out.
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #177
customizer1000
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post

Both would be the same, axles, steering 4links bumpers etc, its all steel and when you build it yourself it doesn't matter what its on
customizer1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #178
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ
Rubicon express makes a good lift correct?
danstheman112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #179
sluff28
2001 XJ Cherokee 

while I understand some of the quality issues with RC (that's what I have on my jeep). and I've been doing this for a few years, I've gone through several sets of equipment but there warranty cant be beat (when) I trash one of my leafs or something else I make a phone call email a pic and I've got a new leaf within a few days no questions asked I blew out one shock and because they didn't make that shock they sent me a whole new set. I may get away from RC someday but no time soon. if you say just buy better quality it will last longer I will say doing what we do everything brakes eventually. if I would ever give an XJ owner advice it would e very get an add a leaf they all sag.
that being said I don't want to turn this into a what's a better lift thread they all have there merits yes even RC. if you ask 5 XJ owners about lifts you'll get 5 different opinions I would be running OME leafs if they made the size I wanted. but alas no.
sluff28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #180
Abowers

The big 16 also one of my triplet brothers, who I share the xj with
Abowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
age , driver , owner , poll , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.