Wet packed black dirt.... How nasty will it be? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Wet packed black dirt.... How nasty will it be?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
Xride

Wet packed black dirt.... How nasty will it be?

The access road to where I need to go today is about 300m of black dirt that was packed with a D8 bulldozer on friday. Yesterday I could drive my 2500HD without even making a mark in the dirt really.

But last night it rained, a lot. I'm wondering how nasty it will be taking my jeep. I've never tried going through wet black dirt before.

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
The access road to where I need to go today is about 300m of black dirt that was packed with a D8 bulldozer on friday. Yesterday I could drive my 2500HD without even making a mark in the dirt really.

But last night it rained, a lot. I'm wondering how nasty it will be taking my jeep. I've never tried going through wet black dirt before.

Give her the onion. Should be no problem for a Jeep.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
Xride

Well I gave er tits and tried it. Not very good results, about 20' is all I made it, there was standing water that made the ground like a soup. Although the 2500hd pulled me out with ease. Double the weight of my jeep and pulling from on the pavement though.

I think a vibrator pack would have helped a lot.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.