Well this is goodbye for a while I suppose - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Well this is goodbye for a while I suppose

Jeep Tweaks at JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 09-16-2013, 01:40 AM   #16
SuperRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka View Post
OP didn't mention loss of tools or contents.
Perhaps "tool bags" was a polite way of saying A**holes?

SuperRA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #17
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Good to hear man!

I <3 rockrash
Unread 09-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hahaha they didnt find anybody....at least not that I know of. All legal action has happened 1000 miles away so who knows. They did find some stuff in there thats not mine so I hope that can help them find whoever took it. From the Pictures though It looks pretty decent. They left my stereo untouched, my new wheels and tires are there, and even my ski rack. I dont think they were interested in value.....they just needed to run coke to mexico or something. Makes me wonder what I'll find in it now hahaha
Unread 09-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirlgod View Post
hahaha they didnt find anybody....at least not that I know of. All legal action has happened 1000 miles away so who knows. They did find some stuff in there thats not mine so I hope that can help them find whoever took it. From the Pictures though It looks pretty decent. They left my stereo untouched, my new wheels and tires are there, and even my ski rack. I dont think they were interested in value.....they just needed to run coke to mexico or something. Makes me wonder what I'll find in it now hahaha
I'd hope not. If they police suspect that they'll end up doing more damage tearing it apart to look through it than the people that stole it.
Unread 09-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
I'd hope not. If they police suspect that they'll end up doing more damage tearing it apart to look through it than the people that stole it.
Yeah.. I would have the thing detailed too. Never know what they dropped in there. One traffic stop, and a rock or a roach found, and you will understand about possession being 9/10ths of the law.

My bud bought an old AMC Ambassador that IIRC was a seized car. Came complete with tinted windos and rasta stickers. And when tearing it apart (parts car) a crack vial.
Unread 09-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #21
vjz
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Glad it got found.

My father used to be a State Trooper and he said that sometimes people steal vehicles to use for vacations.

They once had someone report the vehicle as stolen and a week later it was back on the driveway and had been fully detailed, inside and out, and a new oil change decal in the window with a receipt from some place 1,400 miles away. They also had the tires rotated and included a full tank of gas. Apparently, the people that stole it used it to take a vacation and returned it in nicer shape than when stolen. So, these were really nice car thieves.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #22
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

what kind of sick **** would steal a vehicle for a "vacation"!?.....what happens when you get caught and go to jail...some vacation that sounds like. The world takes all kinds I suppose
Unread 09-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #23
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

btw the insurance company still has not been able to ship my jeep back from cali yet.....since the tow lot only takes cash they apparently had to contract a company just to get it from the lot to the shipping company....and that hasnt even gone through yet....what a pain this has been. I suggest everyone invest in some sort of anti theft system. I dont even really know whats best but I am thinking of doing something with every vehicle from now on....you cant be too careful I suppose...what does everyone suggest?
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #24
PaYankee
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirlgod
btw the insurance company still has not been able to ship my jeep back from cali yet.....since the tow lot only takes cash they apparently had to contract a company just to get it from the lot to the shipping company....and that hasnt even gone through yet....what a pain this has been. I suggest everyone invest in some sort of anti theft system. I dont even really know whats best but I am thinking of doing something with every vehicle from now on....you cant be too careful I suppose...what does everyone suggest?
Camera security system, you can cheap out or put some $$$ into it and get cameras with motion detectors that will set off an alarm. My neighbor's security system will send an alert to his phone anywhere in the U.S. He can also control his t.v. and house lights anywhere. I think he has every inch of his property covered.
Unread 09-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #25
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Glad to hear you got the Jeep back!

My Jeep was stolen 2 months ago, I just got it back last week, its in the same condition as when it was stolen minus the stereo faceplate!

Good luck with the insurance side of things!
Unread 09-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #26
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirlgod View Post
Brake pedal locks are cheap and relatively effective.
The UNBREAKABLE AutoLock PRO = $50 (granted they won't stop someone who is really determined and has access to power tools, but most thieves probably won't put that much effort into stealing an old XJ).

A hidden kill switch also tends to be effective ("Hidden in plain sight" also tends to work well i.e. use a "factory switch" for an option your Jeep doesn't have or use a different switch for the device and the stock switch for the kill switch).

Pulling the coil to dist wire and/or ASD relay also works well but it can be a pain to do this every time you park your Jeep so it might be better to reserve this for when you park in "bad neighborhoods".

Of course a gun is an excellent anti-theft device but it only works if you are lucky enough to catch the thief in the act.
dmill89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
squirlgod
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got her back! Still kind of smells like old person, but it seems to run nice just like it always did. The only problem is that the idiot supplemental muffler shop that it was taken to did a terrible exhaust hanger repair. The whole exhaust system is hanging so low that it makes contact with the cross brace under the transfer case. It is subtle but you can certainly feel it in the cab when its idling sometimes.....sucks to think that I have to have more repairs done to it after its been gone for 2 months but I guess it is the shops fault and they've got to deal with it.
photo-1-.jpg

Unread 10-27-2013, 01:25 AM   #28
dickjack

wooo

wooooo happy ending
dickjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #29
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

nice to see its back home where it belongs, I would add a kill switch for the Fuel pump and a Kill switch for the ECU
Unread 10-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #30
jrg510
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Awesome! How did they find it?
jrg510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.