Weighing down the rear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Weighing down the rear

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Weighing down the rear

Question: Does anybody, or has anybody ever thought to add weight to the rear to achieve better articulation (and obviously traction)? I was just pondering this on my way home with a **** load of fire wood because the ride is much smoother with weight back there. Maybe adding sandbags to the rear when wheeling? I know some just have a ****load of tools in the back that add a lot of weight, but i dont really. Would this affect rear articulation any? I guess you could call it a poor mans limited slip if you had enough weight.

(This might be a really stupid question.)

ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. When I have my jeep fully loaded with passengers and them some food/water in the back I seem to do better going up steep muddy hills.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.