Weeder1's xj build - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Weeder1's xj build

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #571
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I know you have seen his rig ... But just look through his thread again ... It's a sweet setup .... And you could do it pretty cheap and beefy ... Get some parts from blastic fab ..... And genright sells long arm tube cheap. Something worth thinking about. I decided I want to run coil overs from maybe blatic.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...5/index38.html

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #572
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

SFR has one of the nicest rig on here for sure ....preformance wise maybe the best. This is what he's running. I just like to drive faster too, and for my driving style, coilsovers will fit me better .... And for stability.... Coils and long arms are not less stable ...that's more of a misconception. Talk to nick(SFR) about them. He's a super cool guy and he build jeeps as his main job. He's a pro, and he ill point you in the right direction.
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #573
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I think im gonna keep the leafs for now man. Later down the road id like to do the coil conv but when i do it a 3 link and 44s will go in. Lol
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #574
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
I think im gonna keep the leafs for now man. Later down the road id like to do the coil conv but when i do it a 3 link and 44s will go in. Lol
I'm doing the same my self .... For now
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #575
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
I just like to drive faster too, and for my driving style, coilsovers will fit me better .... And for stability.... Coils and long arms are not less stable ...that's more of a misconception.
Just curious, why would you waste money on coilovers for stock axles? And it's only a misconception if a coil setup is done right. I've seen a lot of sh!tty 4 link rear setups in XJ's...
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #576
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Just curious, why would you waste money on coilovers for stock axles? And it's only a misconception if a coil setup is done right. I've seen a lot of sh!tty 4 link rear setups in XJ's...
Ding ding. Its not as easy as to just put it in. I have a vert seperation that i want front and rear when and if i do coils out back. I will build a three link one day though. But right now its fine for me.
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #577
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
$$ wise ... If you didn't have the money to do coils an axle swap at the same time..... Do the coils first and the axle later, on the axle side you just have the brackets which is not too bad .....

Plus .... If I gave him front and rear coils, and the upper genright mounts for 100$ .... He could fab some long arms and get rear mounts .... Use and old factory track bar .... And ended up with rear coil long arm set up for around 500ish
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #578
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
For anyone who isn't going over 35s ever, c8.25 and HP30 is fine?
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #579
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ

All day long
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #580
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
I guess. But other than going fast, I wouldn't spend that kind of coin on coilovers for junk axles to crawl with...
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #581
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I guess. But other than going fast, I wouldn't spend that kind of coin on coilovers for junk axles to crawl with...
The difference between you crawler guys and everyone else is amazing sometimes.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #582
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
The difference between you crawler guys and everyone else is amazing sometimes.
Not sure what you mean by that. I like going fast too. Coil overs would be the last thing I'd worry about if I was building a go fast XJ on stock axles.
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #583
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by that. I like going fast too. Coil overs would be the last thing I'd worry about if I was building a go fast XJ on stock axles.
Oh yeah it definitely wouldn't be the #1 mod, but I would surely consider it down the line.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #584
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I totally agree with you .... It's just a money thing that's all .... I'm just building on a budget so it's like 1 piece at a time, so I have to choose them carefully.

I decided I would rather have coilsovers front and rear vs coils. But I already have the coil set up just sitting around from another jeep I had .... So that we're this all came from. But I see what your saying ....

I hope my xj sees some dana 60's and some 37s some day ..... But first I'm going to cage and frame (hopefully this summer) ..... Then long arm and coilover... Then axles, steering, and tires last ... I would do it all in one shot if I had 10k to through at the jeep
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #585
Weeder1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

3/4" spacers came in yesterday. Gonna try to get them on and adjust my tb and lowers this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.