Weeder1's xj build - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Weeder1's xj build

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #526
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
I didnt have time to go hit my loading ramp to see i the improvements, before the rear tire lifted when the front was at 31" with the forklift. The ride is better, not like everyone else says but that could be because my shackles were not completely straight. Where the shackle bolts now it is hitting the box. I dont want to move it back a hole because that almost where it was before i put the relo's on. So either a boomerang or a little longer shackle. Any ideas? Oh it also brought my *** end back up! Woo!!

image-2044185231.jpg   image-1351584767.jpg  
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #527
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
Nice man .. jeep looks really good. I think those leaf spring sliders would be good for your xj
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #528
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
Nice man .. jeep looks really good. I think those leaf spring sliders would be good for your xj
I really considered those but i figured that i have more adjustability with the leafs/shackle over the sliders.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #529
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,867
I think you will just need a longer shackle and then trim the bracket for clearance. That seems to be the ticket to making the relo's work from what I can gather. These are definitely on my list.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #530
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,716
like these shackels http://compare.ebay.com/like/2005444...Types&var=sbar
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #531
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
I think you will just need a longer shackle and then trim the bracket for clearance. That seems to be the ticket to making the relo's work from what I can gather. These are definitely on my list.
My idea is to get some ranger shackles and cut away. Im thinking ill have my clearance and decent droop. (Got the ranger shackle idea for you haha) does autozone sell them?
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #532
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
My idea is to get some ranger shackles and cut away. Im thinking ill have my clearance and decent droop. (Got the ranger shackle idea for you haha) does autozone sell them?
Advance Auto had one in stock and I had to order the other (came in next day). I used my buddies discount but even without it they are like 20 bucks a piece brand new. They are boomeranged for clearance and give about an inch of lift over stock so a lil over $40 bucks is still cheap compared to other brands. And they literally bolted right in.

I think they would work good with relo's (part of why I got them). Id run em, pick a hole and hack away the ones behind it.

Oh and glad my thrifty ways have been of inspiration haha.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #533
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1
I like those but dont want a **** ton of lift shackle lol
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #534
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Advance Auto had one in stock and I had to order the other (came in next day). I used my buddies discount but even without it they are like 20 bucks a piece brand new. They are boomeranged for clearance and give about an inch of lift over stock so a lil over $40 bucks is still cheap compared to other brands. And they literally bolted right in.

I think they would work good with relo's (part of why I got them). Id run em, pick a hole and hack away the ones behind it.

Oh and glad my thrifty ways have been of inspiration haha.
Im really considering them, do u have a comparison pic of stockers and rangers?
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #535
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Im really considering them, do u have a comparison pic of stockers and rangers?
I dont have a comparo pic but if you know how tightly the stock shackles tuck the leafs up then this pic shows the extra length/shape.

Ignore my cancer infested hitch. Idk wtf is up with it but its damn near the only rust on my Jeep and its JUNK.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #536
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

I dont have a comparo pic but if you know how tightly the stock shackles tuck the leafs up then this pic shows the extra length/shape.

Ignore my cancer infested hitch. Idk wtf is up with it but its damn near the only rust on my Jeep and its JUNK.
Thanks man. Those iron mans project posted really have my eye, reason bein because they a small all the way down the where they bolt to the leaf. I dont think id have hardly any clearance issues with those as a reg shackle.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #537
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Thanks man. Those iron mans project posted really have my eye, reason bein because they a small all the way down the where they bolt to the leaf. I dont think id have hardly any clearance issues with those as a reg shackle.
I agree those are sweet. Just sucks that they cost as much as adjustable LCA's and have like 1/3 the material lol.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #538
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

I agree those are sweet. Just sucks that they cost as much as adjustable LCA's and have like 1/3 the material lol.
Thats why they arent on the way yet lol just a little overpriced. Ill be looking for an alternative but if nothing comes up they will be the ones.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #539
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Thats why they arent on the way yet lol just a little overpriced. Ill be looking for an alternative but if nothing comes up they will be the ones.
Those would be so easy to fab up if you already had an eye to eye length in mind and wanted them non-adjustable. Those are beefy and all but 170 range is awful steep lol.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #540
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Those would be so easy to fab up if you already had an eye to eye length in mind and wanted them non-adjustable. Those are beefy and all but 170 range is awful steep lol.
True.... I wonder if i could build one with a jj that bolts in the relocation bracket instead of a bushing.

Edit: talked to someone who opened my eyes and not my head on this. It can be done and would give awesome flex, but would be bery unstable and would twist the leafs at the front hanger. No bueno!
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.