Weeder1's xj build - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Weeder1's xj build

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Reply
Unread 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #271
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Not sure, but I bet 5100's are better.
Oh for sure. I will have them just not sure when lol

__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #272
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Uh oh......
More goodies to come today and tomorrow.
image-1166355438.jpg   image-1015528080.jpg  
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #273
DNFJ
Web Wheeler
 
DNFJ's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,732
Read this build for awhile but never posted, love it. Can't wait for the rest of the stuff
__________________
Wannabe Desert Rat
'00 XJ 6.5" w/ 33s
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #274
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister
Read this build for awhile but never posted, love it. Can't wait for the rest of the stuff
Haha thanks man. Its coming along. Big goodies should come soon, planning to give the mrs a ring tonight so ill have some big brownie points. Haha
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #275
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Rear stiffeners came in today, going to be busy tomorrow. Bumper should be here saturday.

Next couple of weeks im going to be ordering croks inner and outer steering reinforcement, american rock rod louvers, dana 30 gussets, and a 40" led lightbar for roof with duallys for the windshield from seward offroad.

Things that might be bought are shackle relocations, 1" spacer/jksacos/or new 4" springs, 8.25 IRO truss, rustys engine tranny skid....
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #276
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Rear stiffeners came in today, going to be busy tomorrow. Bumper should be here saturday.

Next couple of weeks im going to be ordering croks inner and outer steering reinforcement, american rock rod louvers, dana 30 gussets, and a 40" led lightbar for roof with duallys for the windshield from seward offroad.

Things that might be bought are shackle relocations, 1" spacer/jksacos/or new 4" springs, 8.25 IRO truss, rustys engine tranny skid....
Lots of good beefy plans there, I like it! Be sure and gets some pics of that stiffener install, Ima stay on ya haha.

That the IRO tie rod up there?
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #277
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Lots of good beefy plans there, I like it! Be sure and gets some pics of that stiffener install, Ima stay on ya haha.

That the IRO tie rod up there?
Will do just fo ya!!
Yup thing is pure beef, like i picked it up and it blew me away straight speachless.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #278
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Will do just fo ya!!
Yup thing is pure beef, like i picked it up and it blew me away straight speachless.
Great, I was going to piece together a v8 ZJ rod through my discount hookup at Advance Auto, but ive been eyeballing that IRO tie rod for a few days haha. The side by side comparision pick of it and a stock tie rod cut in half is pretty impressive haha.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #279
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Great, I was going to piece together a v8 ZJ rod through my discount hookup at Advance Auto, but ive been eyeballing that IRO tie rod for a few days haha. The side by side comparision pick of it and a stock tie rod cut in half is pretty impressive haha.
Exactly what i was going to do, the reason i went with IRO is the beef factor. I wasn't a fan of the bend in the zj even though it doesn't effect it.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #280
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Exactly what i was going to do, the reason i went with IRO is the beef factor. I wasn't a fan of the bend in the zj even though it doesn't effect it.
Lol Im the same way, the bend bothers me too.

Realistically if Jeep would have at LEAST gave the XJ a tie rod stronger than a no.2 pencil, we wouldnt be having this conversation lol
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #281
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Lol Im the same way, the bend bothers me too.

Realistically if Jeep would have at LEAST gave the XJ a tie rod stronger than a no.2 pencil, we wouldnt be having this conversation lol
Lol **** the big red practice pencils are bigger haha
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #282
Project1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Great, I was going to piece together a v8 ZJ rod through my discount hookup at Advance Auto, but ive been eyeballing that IRO tie rod for a few days haha. The side by side comparision pick of it and a stock tie rod cut in half is pretty impressive haha.
agreed
__________________
[ ]||||||[ ] ... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/98-green-xj-daily-driver-build-996260/
Project1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #283
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Got stiffeners and tie rod with new tres on today. Jeep steers soooo much better, feels sturdier. The stiffeners did stiffen the body roll around corners up a good bit. I wont know how much of a difference they make until i wheel next saturday. Bumper should be in tomorrow the time is not known though, so it might not be done.

The rears were easy, start up front and work back using a c-clamp to keep them tight. The main s weren't hard either using a floor jack to hold it up tight and c-clamp to keep it flush working front to rear also.
image-1913568116.jpg   image-1935524843.jpg   image-845651180.jpg   image-4056157784.jpg  
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #284
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Got stiffeners and tie rod with new tres on today. Jeep steers soooo much better, feels sturdier. The stiffeners did stiffen the body roll around corners up a good bit. I wont know how much of a difference they make until i wheel next saturday. Bumper should be in tomorrow the time is not known though, so it might not be done.

The rears were easy, start up front and work back using a c-clamp to keep them tight. The main s weren't hard either using a floor jack to hold it up tight and c-clamp to keep it flush working front to rear also.
Titties. You can definitely tell the stiffeners are there.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #285
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,090
Jealous!!! Got any pics of the rear stiffeners installed?
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.