Weeder1's xj build - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Weeder1's xj build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #241
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Cool. I couldn't decide on what I wanted to run until my buddy offered me his new, never installed HD relocations (the V1's) for $75. I know what I'm doing now.
I just ordered middle and rear stiffeners from brian at HD and the service was unbelievable, so awesome. Id like to try the sliders but the more i read the more i think theyre meant for jeepspeed instead of crawl.

__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #242
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
I just ordered middle and rear stiffeners from brian at HD and the service was unbelievable, so awesome. Id like to try the sliders but the more i read the more i think theyre meant for jeepspeed instead of crawl.
Yeah, I read on NAXJA that they aren't fond of rock bashing. What shackle will you use? I was to use stock or stock size...
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #243
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Prob stock at first. Ive been thinking of new leaf packs, mine squeak like a mofugga. I just saw on iron rocks website they have a bb shackle, adds like .75 of lift so that might be and option also, theirs is greaseable.
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #244
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeder1 View Post
prob stock at first. Ive been thinking of new leaf packs, mine squeak like a mofugga. I just saw on iron rocks website they have a bb shackle, adds like .75 of lift so that might be and option also, theirs is greaseable.
oh really?
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #245
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

oh really?
Yessir... Check it,

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=XPA
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #246
ibjeepin95
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Sweet! Thanks dude!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #247
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Sweet! Thanks dude!
No prob man!
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #248
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,064
How much height do the HD brackets give? I really could use a better angle back there.

Im with you on the leaf sliders vs relocation brackets. Theres a pretty wide variety of shackles out there to accomodate so many different heights, sliders would really limit options. Especially since the typical Jeep owner can never make up his mind on lift height...

except you ibjeepin, you are just set in your ways haha.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #249
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
How much height do the HD brackets give? I really could use a better angle back there.

Im with you on the leaf sliders vs relocation brackets. Theres a pretty wide variety of shackles out there to accomodate so many different heights, sliders would really limit options. Especially since the typical Jeep owner can never make up his mind on lift height...

except you ibjeepin, you are just set in your ways haha.
Brian said 3/4 to 1" with stock shackles. Thats the way ill wind up going. Thats the truth about height, and with just a leaf and slider your lited to "fine tune" your rear height. Sh*t i love the adjustability of relocations. I like to be able to have every bit of control over my suspension. So much to the point im very seriously considering clayton adj uppers because of the adjustability. Lol

Ibejeepin is very well set on 3" and no more, i dont blame him though. He has verrrrry stable ****. Lol
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #250
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Brian said 3/4 to 1" with stock shackles. Thats the way ill wind up going. Thats the truth about height, and with just a leaf and slider your lited to "fine tune" your rear height. Sh*t i love the adjustability of relocations. I like to be able to have every bit of control over my suspension. So much to the point im very seriously considering clayton adj uppers because of the adjustability. Lol

Ibejeepin is very well set on 3" and no more, i dont blame him though. He has verrrrry stable ****. Lol
Haha I wouldnt mind using adjustable uppers and lowers to get an inch of wheelbase added plus get precise control over pinion angle, but I dont suppose i NEED that, as if necessity ever mattered in the Jeep world haha.

And nothing wrong with ibjeepins setup, very proven for sure. Im just jealous of the willpower needed to stay on such a build path. I will have 35s one day though, dammit haha.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #251
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Haha I wouldnt mind using adjustable uppers and lowers to get an inch of wheelbase added plus get precise control over pinion angle, but I dont suppose i NEED that, as if necessity ever mattered in the Jeep world haha.

And nothing wrong with ibjeepins setup, very proven for sure. Im just jealous of the willpower needed to stay on such a build path. I will have 35s one day though, dammit haha.
Haha very true.

My plan that has kinda fallen into place is building mine to handle 35s and be beat on hard when my 32s wear out. One day....... Lol
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #252
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder1 View Post
Haha very true.

My plan that has kinda fallen into place is building mine to handle 35s and be beat on hard when my 32s wear out. One day....... Lol
Haha I think secretly thats my plan. Beef up steering, add recovery/frame stiffeners but keep it relatively mild looking. Then when the day comes that I buy 35s, just cut the damn thing up all it once to fit em and just sit back drooling lol.

All in time tho...
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #253
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 4,064
Btw be sure and take plenty of pictures when you get your stiffeners, specifically the rear ones. Ive got some minor rust repair to do as previously mentioned, and I will sleep much better when I beef that area up.
__________________
- '99 XJ Sport -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #254
Weeder1
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 1,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Btw be sure and take plenty of pictures when you get your stiffeners, specifically the rear ones. Ive got some minor rust repair to do as previously mentioned, and I will sleep much better when I beef that area up.
Will do. Ill try to do a "write up" of it. The rears are my main focus because of the frame rail swap i did. Lol

I have wheeled after the swap and i can tell you it feel sturdier, it also rides better with a solid shackle mount. haha
__________________
-98 xj sport-
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/weeder1s-xj-build-1391067
Weeder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #255
crockett07
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lake wales, Florida
Posts: 998
When are you getting the brackets
crockett07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.