Wave Or Else!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Wave Or Else!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #46
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I wave at all Wranglers, period. When it comes to all others, I just play it by ear.

What I've noticed is that if the driver is female, odds are really good she won't reciprocate the wave...what's up with that? Shoot, I can rarely tell if the driver is a male or female until we're darn near passing each other...besides, I ain't THAT ragged...

RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #47
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
Congrats, you own a Jeep. That doesn't make you a member of some exclusive brotherhood, it just means that you own a Jeep.
Quoted for truth. Maybe it's because I'm a grump, but I hate waving and being waved at. It's retarded. Hell, the only reason I'm even considering joining an offroad club is to find trails. I don't need the comradery.

Last edited by rustywrangler; 06-23-2008 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Language
Prosonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 02:18 PM   #48
TheEddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosonic View Post
Quoted for effin truth. Maybe it's because I'm a grump, but I hate waving and being waved at. It's retarded. Hell, the only reason I'm even considering joining an offroad club is to find trails. I don't need the comradery.
You're just a grump. <- see what I did there?

Past Jeeps:
97 Flame Red TJ Sport on 31s with stuff.
98 Stone White XJ Classic: Lifted, Locked, and Armored
2000 Silverstone WJ Limited
TheEddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #49
justinwalden

Quote:
I don't need the comradery.
Unread 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #50
Power5
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Quoted for effin truth. Maybe it's because I'm a grump, but I hate waving and being waved at. It's retarded. Hell, the only reason I'm even considering joining an offroad club is to find trails. I don't need the comradery.
And yet you are hanging out on a jeep forum talking to other jeep owners. Yup, you are definitely fine without any camaraderie.
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #51
Prosonic
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
And yet you are hanging out on a jeep forum talking to other jeep owners. Yup, you are definitely fine without any camaraderie.
First, holly hell I suck at spelling! What was I thinking?

Secondly, yes I am talking to other jeep owners, but it's usually for a technical reason. Usually I spend most of my time in the tech section, using the vast resources of info found there, and in return try to help out someone when in need. This is not a place I come to try to make friends.

However, when I found this thread, with someone demanding that I acknowledge their existence by waving at them based purely on the fact that they own the same vehicle as me, I had to point out the absurdity of it all. Note that I wasn't the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power5
The people that wave are enthusiasts, most likely.
God, do I wish that was true in my town. Maybe then I wouldn't hate it as much.
FWIW Power5, if I ever drive over to Ohio and see you driving around, I'll give you a
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:52 PM   #52
havasu1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey, when I had a Harley and rode with other Harleys, we waived at other Harleys regardless of the model. Also waved at rice rockets and european imports and they would initiate a wave too. As far as in the XJ, I got a wave from some dude in a newer Range Rover Defender 110 (that thing was sick) today and a wave from a guy in a sweet Unlimited. Now I will say the whole waving thing gets old but if I get a wave, I'll throw one back. Hey, it's a Jeep thing.
havasu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #53
photonut13
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I think that waves should be in order for all real Jeeps regardless if they are stock or not. I think its unfair that because I don't have the money to do a lift or afford the lowered fuel economy that comes it it, I don't get a wave. I still like to do a little light wheeling regardless. If there are two ways to get to a place, one is paved and the other isn't I will take the unpaved

Presently Stock
photonut13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #54
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i think its mainly because people with bone stock jeeps usually are the ones that just see them as a workhorse and nothing else. i think all people with modified jeeps understand and will give the wave back.

although im not usually one to give the wave, i just honk twice any time i see a jeep. if the person in the jeep understands, they will honk back. honking seems to be better than waving. but if somebody in a jeep waves at me, ill wave back because it means we both understand.
Unread 06-20-2008, 10:06 PM   #55
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If I see a nicely done 4x4 that looks like it gets wheeled.... it'll get a beep or a thumbs up. I don't wave at other random jeeps just because its a jeep.

Anyone see that Curb your Enthusiasm episode? "Hey It's a Prius!"
Unread 06-21-2008, 07:12 AM   #56
jshaab2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i wave to other xjs but they look at me like im crazy and dont wave back. and i contine to wave
Unread 06-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #57
GhostWolf
1988 XJ Cherokee 

I wave at XJ's and Wranglers, and will wave back at a Liberty or a Patriot (because with certain packages the Patriot can be "trail-rated"). I get some waves back.

Then again, I get waves from quite a few non-Jeeps. And pointed at. By pedestrians and car people. You think it might be the bumper?

GhostWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:44 AM   #58
GPTH1NG
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I wave occasionally if it's a Jeep that I like the looks of, whether it's stock or not. Like if it's a Comanche that looks good and hasn't given in to rust cancer I usually drool first before I have a chance to wave. Even if they don't reciprocate then maybe I confused the hell out of them so I win either way.

Funny thing is, I probably spend as much or more time keeping mine mint (read= stock and classy, not euro'd, etc.) as some folks do building theirs up.. Even when I don't wave I still get a lot of stares - even from the occasional Wrangler.
[color=orange]ORANGE[/color] Jeep Club Member #3
--------------------
04 Wrangler X
[/b][/size]
GPTH1NG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #59
ObiHann
2002 KJ Liberty 

I wave at every Jeep I see that can actual go off road. And nobody waves back! Ive been coming off a trail and never gotten a wave back! According to my local Jeep club, my Liberty does rank as a real jeep worthy of the wave, plus the fact that I have taken myne on more trails than most owners ever will, I've had mine 1 month, and am not a heaver off roader. So why don't I get the wave? Seriously, if there is that much hate for the liberty, than next car I get will not be a jeep
ObiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #60
Jeepernick
2008 XJ Cherokee 

when someone in another jeep (even more so if it is a stock jeep) waves at me

I give them the middle finger... if I have time, I put the window down

just my .02
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.