Wave Or Else!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Wave Or Else!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 06-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #31
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was driving today with the doors off, got a wave from a *kinda* dirty wrangler with the top down.

Unread 06-14-2008, 05:57 PM   #32
Tatersaladx
1989 XJ Cherokee 

IDK if this is rly related, but does anyone feel BA when their driving in a row of XJs? IDK why but if i see 2 or 3 XJs driving in a row i will cut off traffic just to be a part of the XJ convoy.
Tatersaladx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #33
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i wave at built jeeps. sure mines still at stock suspension height..but not for long. dont wave to much since most jeeps around here are driven by people that use them as haulers hauling around wood and supplies. not like company owned vehicles but personal work horses that get better mpgs than pickups. i wave back if someone in a jeep waves at me. happened the other day when a lifted black 2 door 97+ xj was going to burnsville offroad and i was going to work. he turned off the highway and i was sitting at a stop sign and he waved...so i waved back. simple as that.
Unread 06-15-2008, 02:47 AM   #34
Vagrant
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Well, mates, so far today I've waved at like 30 freaking people, and got flipped off like, 27 of the 30 times. And the three that did wave back, were all built-up so.. I think I'm going with just waving to the ones who have done the work to their jeep from now on.
Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:14 AM   #35
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I try to wave to anything Jeep....I know full well that the odds of some soccer mom in a Compass even paying enough attention to her surroundings to realize that someone is waving at her are slim, but what the heck - I've gotten one or two return waves from the so-called "fake jeeps".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatersaladx View Post
IDK if this is rly related, but does anyone feel BA when their driving in a row of XJs? IDK why but if i see 2 or 3 XJs driving in a row i will cut off traffic just to be a part of the XJ convoy.
Yea, I was in a mini-convoy on my way to work today. Found myself with a 97+ green XJ in front and out back. One was a touch dirty, we exchanged waves, the other appeared to be piloted by a soccer mom, and I got the "Do I know you look" when I waved.

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 06:30 AM   #36
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
Probably the same reason why Cherokee drivers dont wave at Patriot drivers...
hey, I wave at my wife when shes going the other way in her Patriot.. does that count?
Unread 06-15-2008, 07:49 AM   #37
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm not saying I wouldn't wave at an XJ or MJ, or YJ....just that the TJ/CJ owners are more likely to recognize the wave. I know there are some non TJ's that are equipped 1000x better than mine, but it seems like those that want to really get into the offroad scene usually start with a Wrangler of some type. Not to say the others can't wheel..they can, and I respect them, it just seems the Wrangler community understands the wave thing better. No offense to other wheelers, and if they wave, I'll wave back gladly!

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #38
justinwalden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si1ver03Rubicon View Post
Wrangler owners don't wave at cherokees.
whatta d bag
Unread 06-15-2008, 03:15 PM   #39
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I usually get the wave from Jeeps that are wheeled, built or not. But the mall crawlers, stock or otherwise no lovin.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #40
mountainpoo
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i waved in my stock xj when i first got it but never got one back. its not my fault i dont have enough money to build it........yet
cragar soft 8's 4" BS
31x10.5 R15 cooper discoverer stt's
homemade snorkel
mountainpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2008, 05:18 PM   #41
justinwalden

solid axles (as in more than one) = Jeep?
Unread 06-15-2008, 05:33 PM   #42
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I think thats a fair judgement

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #43
Power5
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The people that wave are enthusiasts, most likely. Most enthusiasts will put money into what they like and build their Jeep. They acknowledge other people with the same interests. The people who just bought the Jeep because they needed something and it fit their demands, will not give a second glance to another vehicle that is the same as theirs. To them its just a car.
Unread 06-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #44
MuckShifter
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
The people that wave are enthusiasts, most likely. Most enthusiasts will put money into what they like and build their Jeep. They acknowledge other people with the same interests. The people who just bought the Jeep because they needed something and it fit their demands, will not give a second glance to another vehicle that is the same as theirs. To them its just a car.
So what category does that put us noggin nodders into then???
MuckShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #45
scavengerj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If their's is built, I get a wave and wave back. If it's not, they typically have no idea. If I do happen to make eye contact, they'll get a nod.
On the trail, it don't matter what your driving..we are all in it together.

I think Power5 hit the nail on the head.
scavengerj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.