Wave Or Else!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Wave Or Else!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #16
ksander
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I don't get any waves from any XJ's and I must pass at least 5 or 6 a day driving to school.

ksander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #17
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
But they browse XJ tech??
Speaking of tech.............

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #18
SoloCamo
1988 MJ Comanche 

Never did get a wave from a wrangler...only got one that tried to race me. (story for another day though)

However, I did have a stockish cherokee wave at me once. Considering my comanche is more of a street queen due to being practically stock and only 2wd I'd say one wave is better than none!

The sad thing is most XJ's around here are driven by soccer moms..then again, so are the majority of the jeeps around here.
Tires: Firestone "Firehawk Indy 500" 235/70/15's
SoloCamo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #19
MuckShifter
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Nod of the head will do - Then I get open mouthed looks? - All that wave-ing sounds a bit limp wristed too me
MuckShifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
Speaking of tech.............
I see what you did there.
Unread 06-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #21
MuckShifter
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJKyle1389 View Post
Porter and Lake county, Indiana...
If you drive a Jeep, WAVE at other Jeeps!!

Didnt the salesman discuss this with you at purchase (or the person you got the jeep from)???

I am sick of waving at you and not getting waved back at!!

That was my venting. thanks

For those that read this, keep the Jeep name proud. Wave at other Jeeps.
Get your drift & understand the urge to aknowledge a similar vehicle to your own..but can understand the blank looks you are getting..ie: who was that - do I know him, etc? - Are you wave - ing to the driver or the 'jeep'...do you wave to someone wearing the same jeans as you
Unread 06-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #22
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

You guys ever think that no one waves at you just because you're A.) a 16 year old punk kid, or B.) just a ****** bag?

Congrats, you own a Jeep. That doesn't make you a member of some exclusive brotherhood, it just means that you own a Jeep.
Unread 06-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #23
MuckShifter
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gertsch View Post
You guys ever think that no one waves at you just because you're A.) a 16 year old punk kid, or B.) just a ****** bag?

Congrats, you own a Jeep. That doesn't make you a member of some exclusive brotherhood, it just means that you own a Jeep.
LOL...Rock on!!
Unread 06-14-2008, 02:09 PM   #24
Si1ver03Rubicon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
But they browse XJ tech??
It was on the front pages "latest posts."
Si1ver03Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #25
carmike692000

I don't wave at other Jeeps all THAT often since my XJ is completely stock. I don't feel worthy of initiating a wave. However, I'm always poised and ready to wave back if they initiate the motion, and even if they don't, if they look my way I'll always give 'em a head nod.

I respect all Cherokees and Wranglers I see on the road and do the above for them. The Liberties, Compae, and Patriots? I don't think so.

I hit teh NOS when I was at like 100 and my speedo bent around like 3 times, I guess I was going like 300 mph. It felt like I was sitting still, I ran out of road but luckily I was going so fast that I hit a bump and took off. I guess the Supra wing really helped out, luckily I landed in a lake and my wheels were spinning so fastz that I scrambled across it like those crazy scandanavians with their 4x4s that walk on wata. I go off of the lake just in time to hit a dirt field right before my flux capacitor quite.[/quote]
carmike692000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #26
Power5
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Only modified Jeeps get a wave from me. Most dont wave back though. An 18 year old girl in a stock wrangler with the top off may get a wave also.

The wave has always been a Jeep Wrangler thing. Just like motorcycle riders always wave to other bikes. Boater always wave to other boaters.

Unread 06-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #27
Snowplow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wave only applies to real Jeeps. Patriot, Liberty, Compass need not apply. I'll wave to pretty any Jeep that a) looks built b) had more "Jeep points" than mine c) waves at me d) same model/make

The compass not a real jeep, I'm hurt I wave and get waves back in my wifes compass. What i dont understand is when i drive my MJ and wave all i get back is the finger..........
Snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #28
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
Only modified Jeeps get a wave from me. Most dont wave back though. An 18 year old girl in a stock wrangler with the top off may get a wave also.

The wave has always been a Jeep Wrangler thing. Just like motorcycle riders always wave to other bikes. Boater always wave to other boaters.

yea but even with those, there are still categories. typically cruisers dont wave at sportbikes and vice versa. And we dont get many waves from powerboaters when we are on our sailboat.
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
Tatersaladx
1999 WJ 

I hate how Wranglers never wave back, pisses me off, oh well, their loss when your TJ, YJ or CJ is stuck im not pulling it out.
Tatersaladx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #30
twistedgeo

i haven't gotten a wave yet in my new to me cherokee. if i dont get any waves back im gonna get a designated mooner for the people that are to good.
twistedgeo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.