Wanted to share my accident with everyone - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Wanted to share my accident with everyone

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
glen6251

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wanted to share my accident with everyone

yesterday i was driving home after i picked up some parts and someone crossed over two lanes and t boned me.

The man hit my back driver side tire causing the jeep to spin sideways and once it caught traction it rolled onto my passenger side then to my roof and then to my driver side where i sat buckled in laying right next to the ground (with my doors off).

luckily the police officers told me i had the right away and this man never yielded so i just need to wait for the police report.

this was one of the scariest things that has every happened to me and i'm still in shock that i'm this lucky to be able to be posting this to you guys right now.
i am ok, my body is very sore and hurts in lots of places but i walked away from the accident. wearing your seatbelt is no joke and im so thankful to be here right now.

as for the jeep it is totaled, i am not parting it out so please don't ask. i do plan on doing something with it.

heres some pictures and a video that looks ****ty on photobucket for some reason but looks perfect on my iphone

and the video of them flipping it over

Unread 07-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Xride

Doesn't even look like you lost any fluids, pop that windshield out and drive her home.

Glad you're ok though.
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #3
ShaysXJnc

That's the stuff nightmares are made of.
ShaysXJnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I can't believe the back glass didn't break.

That's worst case scenario to me, even after the insurance money I couldn't afford to get another Jeep back up to where mine is now, I'd be lucky to afford another XJ. I'd just completely lose all the money and work I've put into it in the last year or so.
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
Xride

Did the rear suspension get messed up or are those tires just huge for the lift you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
I can't believe the back glass didn't break.

That's worst case scenario to me, even after the insurance money I couldn't afford to get another Jeep back up to where mine is now, I'd be lucky to afford another XJ. I'd just completely lose all the money and work I've put into it in the last year or so.
I have my XJ insured for replacement value. Meaning the cost to rebuy the parts and have a shop install them. Only added 40 bucks a year to the normal coverage. I email the insurance company the receipts for the parts I put onto it, and they adjust my premium a couple bucks to cover the extra I added.
Unread 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xride View Post
I have my XJ insured for replacement value. Meaning the cost to rebuy the parts and have a shop install them. Only added 40 bucks a year to the normal coverage. I email the insurance company the receipts for the parts I put onto it, and they adjust my premium a couple bucks to cover the extra I added.
My problem is I've built, not bought most everything on my Jeep or parts were used when I bought em. Everything else I'd need to redo isn't bolt on.
Unread 07-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
My problem is I've built, not bought most everything on my Jeep or parts were used when I bought em. Everything else I'd need to redo isn't bolt on.
Lots of my parts are just a list with estimated value too.
I did the same thing with my Camaro back in the day. And when I crashed it they wrote me a check to buy a new camaro and buy all the new parts I needed, and have a shop install all the parts. Although I took the check and bought a cherokee and a sweet vacation with the woman, lol.

Might be worth the call in to insurance and the chat, maybe base value on an agreed amount? I did that with a custom built tube frame buggy years ago. Although it was only insured for theft and natural disasters.
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sucks man at least shows you xj was stable when they pulled it back. Best of luck with new xj

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks ! Chop the top cage it and you got yourself a Crawler get a stock XJ to DD
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
sean883
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks man. Are you going to swap your parts to a new xj?
sean883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That sucks. Looks like it was a well built XJ.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
glen6251

1998 XJ Cherokee 

tires weren't to big for the lift they are 37's on a 6.5 inch lift they way i got hit was just no control over the jeep.
all fluids were good and its starts runs and drives fine and all suspension is good so i will be able to maker it work for another jeep if this unibody isn't tweeked as much as it is after i try and straighten it out to the cage it and make a buggy out of it.

im thinking of just kicking the windshield out and straightening it out as much as i can and towing it to the tatas event since it still is registered and im ready to beat the **** out of it more.

either this will continue to get built or i will use everything i can from this into another cherokee and start a new build.

ill keep everyone updated on what goes on with the jeep
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #13
Xride

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen6251 View Post
tires weren't to big for the lift they are 37's on a 6.5 inch lift they way i got hit was just no control over the jeep.
all fluids were good and its starts runs and drives fine and all suspension is good so i will be able to maker it work for another jeep if this unibody isn't tweeked as much as it is after i try and straighten it out to the cage it and make a buggy out of it.

im thinking of just kicking the windshield out and straightening it out as much as i can and towing it to the tatas event since it still is registered and im ready to beat the **** out of it more.

either this will continue to get built or i will use everything i can from this into another cherokee and start a new build.

ill keep everyone updated on what goes on with the jeep
Looks like you have maybe 3" before the tire eats the fender. Do you just rely on lots of down travel?

If she drives straight take it out and give her tits.
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If it was me. Id cut the roof off and beat the piss out of it at tatas!

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #15
StreckXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Good to see you are ok. The Jeep did its job and doesn't look terrible for having rolled over.

Document the modifications you have even if you don't have receipts. Take pictures of them on the Jeep. His insurance (does he have insurance?) has to replace what you have. Add your time for the installation work. Insist on his insurance making you 'whole'....Insist one of their adjustors see the Jeep so you can show him the parts on it....

You may not get all of it but it will help to get more than what they will offer the first time.

2001 XJ
200k+ miles.
StreckXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.