The Waketek516 build (2014 Edition) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > The Waketek516 build (2014 Edition)

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 12-15-2014, 12:38 AM   #1
WAKETEK516

The Waketek516 build (2014 Edition)

Hey Everyone! I'M BACK!!!!

Long story short - I was a pretty active member here back in '06 when I had my first Cherokee (Black '01 Sport. 2" BB on 30s).

I sold it, moved to California, build a BUNCH of cars out there (550hp '06 Mustang GT, 4Runner, FJ, Tundra), but none of them satisfied me like a Cherokee! Well... the Mustang was on another level, but that's a different kind of car...

Supercharged Mustang GT

4-Runner 4" on 33s

FJ 3" on 33s

Tundra 3" Leveling Lift on stock 33s

So I came back to NY this summer - and sold the Tundra to get into a Cherokee again!

It's bone stock, and almost identical to my last one. Black '01 Sport, 120k, Auto, NP231.

Lots planned, but not much will happen till after the holidays

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
Black | AW4 | NP231 | D30 | D35
Lift/Tires: 3" Lift, 30x9.5" KUMHO Road Venture MTs, Removed Rear Sway bar
Armor & Recovery: Diamond Plated Rocker Guards, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Rear hitch, Cobra CB
Engine: K&N Panel Filter, Flowmaster 40 Series DeltaFlow

Picutres, Info, and Videos:
MY XJ
WAKETEK516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
WAKETEK516

HEADLIGHTS

First Mod.... The stock headlights SUCCCKKKKK (as everyone knows)...

So I picked up a cheapo set of eBaY lights with H4s. They're better than stock, but eventually I'll upgrade the harness the right way.
For now these will do...

Looks better and about 43% brighter

Armor & Recovery: Diamond Plated Rocker Guards, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Rear hitch, Cobra CB

MY XJ
Unread 12-15-2014, 01:26 AM   #3
WAKETEK516

Some things I've noticed after having it a few weeks which will be corrected:
  • The carfax was clean, but it may have had some minor front end work. The fogs are both cracked and not working
  • The "p" in "Jeep" on the grille isn't lined up properly. Its subtle, but drives me nuts.
  • The exhaust may have been replaced/repaired at somepoint, but had too much "hanger" added in the back. The tail pipe is hanging down a good 6" below the bumper.
  • The speakers cut in and out at times, but that will be replaced with a full stereo system. I'm adding a full Double DIN nav, and will have a write up of how I pull that off.
  • The transfer case shifter rattles a bit, but the trans mount is shot. I have a new one, and just need a day to swap it out.
  • The motor mounts are shot (rubber is cracked and falling apart). I ordered a set of BrownDog mounts/brackets. Just need a day to swap them out.

MY XJ
Unread 12-15-2014, 09:54 PM   #4
WAKETEK516

Motor mounts came! These things are BEEFY!

MY XJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.