W T H is going on???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > W T H is going on????

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 10-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
GVEDDER02
1999 XJ Cherokee 

W T H is going on????

New to this site and really need help.I have a 99 Jeep Cherokee.I lost power to my wipers (front only) washer works, power mirrors (not heated) and reverse lights.The original problem was just the wipers.I went through the manual and a repair manual and neither shows a fuse for any of the parts.I figured maybe its (the wiper) shared and not mentioned. I pulled every single fuse under the hood and @ the passengers kick panel.All were good but now my reverse lights and mirrors dont work.Needless to say my fingers are raw and patience at an end. Any help would be appreciated.

GVEDDER02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Better start pulling connectors apart and checking grounds with your meter to determine if you're even getting power to these devices.

I'm not a fan of electrical, but it's generally something simple like a bad relay, a bad fuse, or a short in the wiring. Finding it is not the simple part.

For the record, you do not drive a FSJ. That would be a Wagoneer or Cherokee Chief from the 70's thru early 90's. You drive an XJ assuming you're driving the "regular" or "little" cherokee.

Good luck
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
GVEDDER02
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks, rugsucka I kinda figured maybe a relay but the manual and repair manual dont indicate where one would be. I'll get in there and test every relay if need be question is.....is there a way to test relays? I really appreciate your reply.Like I said I pulled every fuse and all are good.The only problem is the wiper (washer works) Im not overly concerned with the reverse lights or power mirrors.guess Im gonna have to put it in the shop,it just kills me to give up big $ for something so simple.
Thanks again.
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
jeepster383

First thing I would do is to see if you have power at the motor with a DMM
jeepster383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
GVEDDER02
1999 XJ Cherokee 

whats a dmm ?
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
jeepster383

Digital multimeter.
jeepster383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

did you visually or legitimately test fuses? even if they look good they can be broken
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
scottmphoto
1991 XJ Cherokee 

On my '91, the wiper delay is a small black plastic box that is velcro'd to the lower dash panel right under the steering wheel (behind it).
scottmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
GVEDDER02
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks to all the folks who replied, after following suggestions I've narrowed it down to moisture got into the motor and seized it.Replacement to be picked up Tuesday.Still perplexed as to where the fuse or relay is for the wiper, reverse lights and power mirrors could be.Once again thank you for all the help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.