VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be our Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month?!!
DunmerBoy 13 31.71%
nolanbalzarini 3 7.32%
Callelle 12 29.27%
JeepN4KC 6 14.63%
rugsucka 4 9.76%
Luke95 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Fall weather has finally arrived and the Rocktober COTM contest features a great line-up of XJs to fall for. Five, actually 6 great rigs for your review here. It’s up to you to decide which will be our JeepForum Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month. Check em out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote!

Feel free to post positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today. The winner of this contest earns all due bragging rights and a complimentary 1yr Premium JeepForum membership.
Don’t forget to click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads.

Here are your Rocktober 2014 COTM entries in the order received. Good luck to all!

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely wonít be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Letís have good clean poll thread here thanks.
Unread 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy

Year: 1998

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 Auto

Suspension: 3 inch Rustys coils, 1.5 inch Teraflex spacer, OME 2.75 inch leafs, JKS shackles (front 4.25, rear 5)

Wheels/Tires: 33x10.50R15 BFG AT on Canyons

Other Notable Modifications: JCR front bumper, Rusty's Rear Bumper, lots of skids, various fuel economy mods to increase range, and lots of cargo management

Favorite Modification: ZJ front seats

Least Favorite Modification: Rustys rear bumper

Best Trail Damage: a few scratches to the skids and a bent up bumper from a parking lot on the way home from wheeling

Build Thread: Terra the Magnificent

Unread 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini

Model: xj sport 4x4

Drive Train: 4.0 "high" output, hp dana 30, c 8.25 with detroit locker

Suspension: rubicon express 3.5 inch

Wheels/Tires: cheap wheels, 33-10.50x15 km2

Other Notable Modifications: Rustys off road steel fenders. solid axle diff covers, rock sliders. bumpers. hid lights

Favorite Modification: 3 way tie between my fenders, tires, and rock sliders

Least Favorite Modification: wasting my money on 31s

Best Trail Damage: lots of az pinstripe

Build Thread: nope, but i promise to start one when i do my gears (4.88)

Unread 10-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callelle

Year: 1997

Model: Cherokee Country

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, 231, D30 with Aussie locker, Chry8.25 with Aussie locker and Yukon Shafts

Suspension: 4.5" RE coils, TNT long arms, IRO Track bar, 3.5" IRO Leafs, JKS Shackles, HDOffroad no lift shackle reloaction brackets, garbage white body shocks

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.5 Goodyear MTRs on Procomp steel rims

Other Notable Modifications: Hanson Pre runner front bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, 2x6 Rockers, Dirtbound Offroad rear bumper and tire carrier, Brown Dog motor mounts, LeBaron hood vents

Favorite Modification: Removable Doors

Least Favorite Modification: KC Daylighters

Best Trail Damage: Backed lightly into something causing the bumper to shift back, because the side guards are bolted to the rear quarter panel, it caused quarter panel to fold in.

Build Thread: Callelle's 1997 Cherokee Country - Zombie Hunter

Unread 10-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

Year: 2000

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 I6/AW4/NP231/D30/Chrysler 8.25 29sp

Suspension: 4.5" RC coils up front w/ RC shocks and 3.5 RE leaf packs under Crown oe shackles and RC Relo brackets w/ ProComp 11+" travel 92000 series nitros (4.5"-5" lift overall w/ rake - perfect for loading the rear with gear)

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2's on Unique Series 252 steelies

Other Notable Modifications: Aussie locker out back; Rusty's Adjustable uppers w/ flex joints; Crown Heavy Duty steering upgrade; BrownDog poly motor mounts; both swaybars pulled; TnT Customs chassis stiffeners; TnT Customs XD belly pan; Tomken fueltank skid; Solid Axle Ind. diff covers f/r; installed hitch for rear shackle recovery; homemade rear ubolt plate bumpstop set-up; homemade hood spacers; homemade rear bpe's; rust abatement/rattle-can two toned; fenders trimmed; rear quarters cut&boxed; p/w's cut&folded; fake rear glass; carpets pulled; Mastercraft seats; and a bunch of maintenance overhauls

Favorite Modification: The Aussie and the stiffeners rank high but honestly my favorite is probably the Mastercraft seats - very nice!

Least Favorite Modification: none - I like wrenching on it

Best Trail Damage: blowing out the rear glass - look on my daughter's face was priceless..lol

Build Thread: Milton's Other Build Thread

Optional: The XJ is the project/toy Jeep of our fleet and was bought for the purpose of "saving" the WK from trail damage. I like driving it around but I bought it to wheel it. IMO it's an awesome platform to work on and wheel and the affordability and utility over the Wranglers can't be beat!

Unread 10-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka

Year: 2000

Model: De-badged Sport

Drive Train: 4.0L, AW4, 231, SYE, D30 Locked, 8.25 Locked

Suspension: 5.5" Frankenbrew - Bastard Packs n' Homebrew Shackle Relo's, Coils n' Drop Brackets

Wheels/Tires: 35x12.5x15 MTZ's

Other Notable Modifications: OBA, Fully Skidded, Homebrew F&R Bumper, Sliders, Quarter Guards, and other stuff

Favorite Modification: OBA w. High Idle Hack, In Cab Winch Controls

Best Trail Damage: Quinn Loop dented most of my panels and my frame rails

Build Thread: Long overdue, and feels silly at this point in time

Optional: Scampy was to be a DD until 2015 I told my wife. I lied. It has been a continuous upgrade and improvement project, and now is semi-retired to Trail Duties only. I currently have a built set of HP D30 and XJ D44 w. lockers and 4.56 gears waiting to go in this winter. Chopped Hatch will be next

Unread 10-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95

Model: Cherokee Classic

Drivetrain: Slow AW4 And a 231

Suspension: Rubicon express 3.5 coils Bilstien 5150s up front and out back I am running a bastard pack with Rancho 9000s

Wheels/Tires: Cheap steelies and 35x12.5 General Reds

Other Notable Modifications: Dana 44 front swap 4.56s

Favorite Modification: Detroits, Ruffstuff Steering, Dirtbound Bumper and skids!

Least Favorite Modification: By far the front ranchos, they rode like dog dirt and were scary without a swaybar. Also the ZJ tie rod I still bent it but it was better than the stock tooth pick.

Best Trail Damage: Custom rockers and I smoked and aw4! Twisted my 8.25 splines while killing bears.

Build Thread: Zips 2.0 my 98

Optional: I wish I kept it simple. My 1988 had a bad set of spring hangers and needed a new unibody by the time I did all of that it was going to cost the same as what I paid for this baby! So it started small just my lift some cheap 33s and now I have the full blown jeep thing. It was a learning curve, I am doing stuff I thought I wouldnt ever try.

Unread 10-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #9
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Here we go!
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #10
nolanbalzarini

i finally voted for not myself
nolanbalzarini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #11
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanbalzarini
i finally voted for not myself
I'm not there yet lol
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
Unread 10-22-2014, 04:31 AM   #12
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Voted for the stupidest XJ in the NAC.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #13
Teej
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Lots of great XJs but gotta give it to Dunmer this month because he might be buying my old graphics card.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #14
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
Voted for the stupidest XJ in the NAC.
Thanks
But I don't see sardo_67s rig in here.....
Because dual 9"s 38 creepies and its a for show and a winter beater build.
Unread 10-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #15
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej
Lots of great XJs but gotta give it to Dunmer this month because he might be buying my old graphics card.
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -

Tags
cherokee , cherokee of the month , contest , cotm , vote , win , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.