Vote NOW for the 2014 JeepForum Cherokee Of The Year!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote NOW for the 2014 JeepForum Cherokee Of The Year!!!

Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Artec Holiday Sale!

View Poll Results: Who's gonna be the 2014 Cherokee Of The YEAR!!!
Jan - kevinofhardy 2 2.60%
Feb - rubiprime 3 3.90%
Mar - Teej 2 2.60%
Apr - MOBBiN 6 7.79%
May - robswampthing 2 2.60%
Jun - Atmos 9 11.69%
Jul - VegasGT 13 16.88%
Aug - Spokes 5 6.49%
Sep - ibjeepin95 4 5.19%
Oct - DunmerBoy 14 18.18%
Nov - Rockdrummer93 17 22.08%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Vote NOW for the 2014 JeepForum Cherokee Of The Year!!!

I always look forward the end of the year bringing our annual Cherokee Of The Year contest. This is my favorite contest month since the COTY poll features a line-up of all the COTMs chosen throughout the year - and as you’ll see, every one of them is notable.

We’ve got 10 great rigs here for your review. Please take some time this week to check out these rigs belonging to your fellow forum members and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.

This poll will close on Christmas Eve. The winner of this contest receives a Lifetime Premium JeepForum membership award in recognition of their accomplishment plus all due bragging rights and induction into the JF COTY hall of fame where only the best of the best grace the halls.

Also, don’t forget to click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads.
Safe holiday wishes for everybody this week and thanks for another great year here on the forum!

Here are your 2014 COTY entries in order of COTM month!

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely wonít be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Letís have good clean poll thread here thanks.
Unread 12-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

January

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinofhardy

Year: 1999

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0L, AX15, HP30/XJ 44/ 3.54s

Suspension: 3" V8 ZJ Coils w/TeraFlex Spacer and HD OEM Leafs with Bilstien 5100s, WJ Control Arms

Wheels/Tires: Eccos on 31x10.5R15 Kelly Safari TSRs

Other Notable Modifications: 63MM Bored TB, 4 port upgrades injectors, Spectre Cowl Intake, JKs Boomerangs, Magnaflow Custom Exhaust with hi flow cat, JKS Quiker Disconnects, C4X4 Tow Hooks with custom brace, Brown God Motor Mounts.

Favorite Modification: HD Engineering No-lift Shackle Relos

Least Favorite Modification: 1.5 inch block in the back...

Best Trail Damage: Crushed my tail pipe

Build Thread: 5 Speed 99' XJ Daily Driver/Expedition/Pre Runner Build

Optional: Needed to get a 5-Speed and found it with 104k after months of searching.

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #4
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

February

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiprime

Year: 1998

Model: sport

Drive Train: 4.0/aw4/np231

Suspension: r/c 6.5 inch x-flex with drop brackets,1.5 inch pucks and shackle boxes

Wheels/Tires: 35"km2's,soft 15x10 8's

Other Notable Modifications: AW4 shift mod, cut and fold, lokka front locker, ruff stuff frame stiffeners, r/c front bumper with stinger and r/c winch, home brew rear bumper, JCR rear quarter armor, topside LED light bar and front LED fog lights.

Favorite Modification: cut and fold

Least Favorite Modification: none

Best Trail Damage: tore off rear bumper caps

Build Thread: 98 xj build

Optional: well I have been into wheeling for a long time but became fund poor when married. Well that changed last year and decided to build a Cherokee and have not looked back. It has to be my favorite rig to date.

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej

Year: 2001

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, HP30, C8.25, SYE, 4.56, Detroit

Suspension: RE3.5 coils/leaves, RE control arms, Bilstein 5100 shocks, JKS Discos (always left off),

Wheels/Tires: Ravines with 2" spacers, 33x12.5 Goodyear MT/R w Kevlar

Other Notable Modifications: Dirtbound prerunner winch bumper, Superwinch lp8500, KC and Hella lights, Detours Tailbone, 1600w sound system

Favorite Modification: Probably the winch because it makes recovery really damn easy

Least Favorite Modification: Dynamax Super Turbo - was a good exhaust replacement but isn't loud at all

Best Trail Damage: Crushed fender

Build Thread: Teejís 01 XJ Build

Optional: Bought the Jeep for $600 from a friend of my grandfather's. Had 79k miles and only needed a new windshield. Left a lot of money for me to spend on modifications and what not. Bought a bunch of stuff and still have more plans for it.

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

April

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBBiN

Model: XJ Classic

Drivetrain: Newer 4.0, AW4, NP242 w/ dirtbound SYE

Front axle: d30 w/ Yukon 4.56s and a detriot TrueTrac

Rear axle: c8.25 with discs, USA alloy 4.56s and an Aussie

Suspension: RE 5.5" LA lift, RC shackle relocation brackets, 12" Fox remote resi shocks, Blistien 5125 12" rear shocks no swaybars

Wheels/Tires: 15x8 3.75" backspaced steel wheels wrapped with GOODYEAR MT/R Kevlars

Other Notable Modifications: Custom tube bumper, winch, snorkel, lightbar, no carpet

Favorite Modification: Long arms

Least Favorite Modification: Shackle relocation brackets only because they added lift to the rear end

Best Trail Damage: Mall crawlers don't get trail damage

Build Thread: MOBBiNs 01 xj build

Optional: I bought the lowest mileage, cleanest, most options jeep I could find. I regret every second of it. I wish I would built a high mileage, diRty CHEAP jeep. I'd be in the same exact spot but woulda spent less money getting there

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

May

Quote:
Originally Posted by robswampthing

Year: 2000

Model: Cherokee Limited

Drive Train: 4.7 Stroker, Aw4, 8.25 rear, 30 front

Suspension: hybrid tnt ylink front, relocated/stretched 1"rear

Wheels/Tires: Raceline(allied) rock 8 beadlocks/35x12.5 Mtr Kevlar

Other Notable Modifications: 4.56's detroit tru-trac front, aussie rear, ruff stuff frame stiffiners,borla 2.5" poison spyder steering, jks discos, sye, shackle relocators, jcr rear carrier, dirtbound extreme winch bumper,smittybuilt 8k,rotopax,bilsteins,notch customs fender flares

Favorite Modification: lockers

Least Favorite Modification: spectre cowl intake

Best Trail Damage: broke notch customs flares first day they were installed....

Build Thread: Stroked Grocery Getter

Optional: bought it stock in 2011 with mild plans, right after ordering the lift/tires the head cracked and the brakes caught fire the same week. one repair lead to another, lead to another

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

June

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos

Year: 1994

Model: Base XJ

Drive Train: 4.0/ Aw4/ NP231 SYE clocked

Suspension: Ruffstuff panhard 3 link, 1.25" heims all around
5.5" deaver coils/ chevy 56" leaf springs/
custom relocation brackets/ limit straps/ bilsteins/ 106" wheel base

Wheels/Tires: 37x12.5" kevlars/ H2 wheels

Other Notable Modifications:
Front Axle: rock jock KP D60/ yukon lockouts/ chromos/ super joints
grizzly locker/ 5.38's/ dedenbear C's/ parts mike histeer arms/ ruffstuff hi-steer crossover
Rear Axle: shaved 14 bolt/ spooled/ 5.38's/ chromos/ UBE's/ T&T truss/ ballistic diff cover/ disc brake conversion
Armor/Fab: raised 2x6 rockers/ ruffstuff middle plates/ HDO front,rear plates/ extra plates on the front
tucked gas tank/ custom front,rear bumpers/ custom xmember

Favorite Modification: high steer! deep gears, pretty much all the high clearance mods

Least Favorite Modification: departure angle with the shackles

Best Trail Damage: a season of wheeling an no broken parts! damage across the whole driver side, passenger side pretty clean still

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #9
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

July

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Drive Train: 4.0/AW4, high pinion D30 with Aussie locker and open 29 spline C8.25

Suspension: 4.5" RE coils, Currie Johnny Joint Adj Uppers/JK lowers (102" WB), 11/10" travel F/R shocks with rear lower mounts raised to axle level, custom front bumpstops, RE 3.5" leaf springs, 1.5" shackles, HD Offroad No Lift Shackle Relocation brackets, custom fabbed bumpstop plates and Omix Ada 4.1" frame side bumps

Wheels/Tires: 35" Hankook RT03's on 15x8 Cragar D Windows

Other Notable Modifications: modded Dirtbound Offroad Front bumper, custom wraparound rear bumper, HD Offroad frame stiffeners, 2x6 rockers, removeable doors, Autopal H4/Putco harness/Hella 80/100w, 20" LED lightbar, SBLED's Cool White Gauge cluster upgrade, Aux Fan wired to switch, Extended Idle Switch etc.

Favorite Modification: Toss-up between locker and stiffeners. If i started the build over those would be my first mods.

Least Favorite Modification: Ever fooling with an AAL, shoulda bought full leafs from the beginning.

Best Trail Damage: Passenger rocker got smashed up past the bottom of the door at WBR last year.

Build Thread: VegasGT's "Clifford The Big Red Unibody"

Optional: Just a pretty basic, well rounded build to serve as a vessel for me and the family to experience the great outdoors. We load up, drive it to our choice of local wheeling spot, beat on it, camp out of it, then drive home with a finger on the wheel and the cruise set at 75.

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #10
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

August

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes

Year: 2000

Model: XJ

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP231, HP30, 8.25, 4.56 gears

Suspension: 4.5" RC, IRO trackbar, BDS Long Arms

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 KM2

Other Notable Modifications: Removable Doors, WJ Knuckle Swap, L&L Fab Bumper, Lights, JCR Steering Box Brace, ZJ V8 tie rod, Sound System, Cowl Intake, Etc

Favorite Modification: Removable Doors/BDS Long Arms

Least Favorite Modification: RC Products

Best Trail Damage: Smashed Fenders, Dented Bumper, Dented Rear Hatch On Side, Bent Wheels, Normal Stuff That Happens When You Wheel Them lol

Build Thread: Better, And Redder Build Thread.

Optional: I love this Jeep so much that I decided to name it Monty.

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

September

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0/AW4/NP231 w/ SYE, J10 Dana 44 with chromos, Spicer 560's, and Reid Racing knuckles; 8.8 rear, both axles lunchbox locked, 4.88's

Suspension: About 4" of lift, 3 linked front, Bilstein 5100's, LII slider boxes, rear shocks outboarded via hoops

Wheels/Tires: 15x8 steelies on 35" Pro Comp Mud Terrains

Other Notable Modifications: clocked 231, flat belly, 2x6 rockers, ORS stubby bumper, rear bumper I made, tail light boxes

Favorite Modification: All of them since they work well together.

Least Favorite Modification: No cage and my super awesome 2 speaker sound system that works occasionally after hitting the right bump in the road or trail

Best Trail Damage: I get some about every time I'm out. No straight panels here. My favorite I guess is the bent roof and gutters from trees.

Build Thread: ibjeepin95's 99' XJ Build

Optional: Other than a cage and a few odd and end things, I'm pretty happy with it. I can drive it to where I want to wheel, beat on it, and drive home.

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #12
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

October

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy

Year: 1998

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 Auto

Suspension: 3 inch Rustys coils, 1.5 inch Teraflex spacer, OME 2.75 inch leafs, JKS shackles (front 4.25, rear 5)

Wheels/Tires: 33x10.50R15 BFG AT on Canyons

Other Notable Modifications: JCR front bumper, Rusty's Rear Bumper, Gas tank and transfer case skids, various fuel economy mods to increase range (up to 380 miles now), and lots of cargo management

Favorite Modification: ZJ front seats

Least Favorite Modification: Rustys rear bumper

Best Trail Damage: a few scratches to the skids and a bent up bumper from a parking lot on the way home from wheeling

Build Thread: Terra the Magnificent

Unread 12-15-2014, 09:43 PM   #13
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdrummer93

DriveTrain/Axles: 4.0L/AW4/NP231 w/ Super short SYE,
F100 HP44 - Chevy 8 lug outers Ė Detroit - 4.88s - Yukon Chromos w/ Superjoints
Dodge PowerWagon D60 - Welded Lockright - 4.88s - Disc Brakes

Suspension: Roughly 7" lift - RC long arms with custom length Johnny Joints - M95s - Rear shock hoops - Stretched to 106" Wheelbase

Wheels/Tires: H2s - 37x12.50 BFG Blue label Krawlers

Other Notable Modifications: AJs offroad rocker gaurds - Custom rear quarter armor - Dodge 2500 Master Cylinder

Favorite Modification: Chromos and Krawlers

Least Favorite Modification: Hood vents

Best Trail Damage: Caved in my rocker guard and ripped off my fairlead on ShipWreck at Gulches ORV

Build Thread: Rockdrummer93's 2001 XJ build

Unread 12-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #14
chris87xj
Administrator

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Great group of jeeps here, good luck to all!
Unread 12-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #15
MOBBiN
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Good looking group of jeeps right there!

Tags
cherokee of the month , cherokee of the year , contest , cotm , coty , vote , win

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.