Vote for the March 2013 Cherokee Of The Month!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote for the March 2013 Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

View Poll Results: Who will be the March Mallcrawlin' Cherokee Of The Month?
VegasGT 15 22.06%
K-R 9 13.24%
Modstock 3 4.41%
GregB_00XJ 29 42.65%
DunmerBoy 2 2.94%
TexasXJ97 6 8.82%
IDIdiesel 4 5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 03-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Vote for the March 2013 Cherokee Of The Month!!!

COTM Voting Rules and Guidelines

If your entry makes it to the final poll you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
A minimum of 25 technical posts are required to participate in the voting process.
If you are found cheating in anyway, you will be disqualified from the contest and not be allowed to enter again. In some cases you may also be banned. The following would be considered cheating:

1. Making multiple accounts to vote for yourself or asking anyone else to create new accounts to vote for you.
2. Asking your friends to register on JeepForum.com so they can vote for you. Excessive new member votes could be not counted.
3. Posts or threads anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
4. Promoting your entry on any other website asking people to vote for you - this includes threads, signatures, or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
5. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
6. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread. There is a three picture limit for entries.

This contest is for the members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature but please do so in a tasteful way, just keep it in line with other JF signatures.
Let’s have good clean poll thread here thanks!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Enter your jeep in the ROctober Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Entries!

March is Mallcrawin’ month in the COTM contest and these jeeps are the kind that turn my head every time so I think you’ll enjoy.
This month we have 7 great XJ’s to check out and it's up to you to help decide who will be this year’s March Mallcrawlin’ Cherokee Of The Month. Take the time to check 'em out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.

Also please click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top five voted/crawled threads on the JF homepage.
Feel free to post up with positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today.

Here are your March 2013 COTM entries in the order received. Let’s get this started and see where it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Year: '99

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: 4.0/AW4, HP30/8.25 (29spl)

Suspension: 4.5" Rubicon Express Coils, RC LCA's, BastardPack w/extended shackles.

Wheels/Tires: 31x10.50 Firestone Destination MT's on 15x8 Cragar D-Windows 4" BS

Other Notable Modifications: Autopal H4 headlights, hoodmounted aux lights, 31" Spare in stock Location, Pioneer head unit & speakers

Favorite Modification: Tires, the Destination MT's are a very solid performing tire that gets overlooked in the world of KM2s and MTR/K's.

Least Favorite Modification: had clear parking lights at one point but swapped back to stock lenses

Best Trail Damage: none

Build Thread: VegasGT's "TastefullyCheap" Build - '99 XJ

Optional: The rear shocks I’m running are actually mid-90's Explorer OE replacements. Went in with slight modding and around 5" longer than factory and inexpensive. Also removed door molding for a cleaner look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-R

Year: 1998

Model: Cherokee SE (Stripped Edition)

Drive Train: 4.0 L, bored out air filter box, bored out throttle body, neon injectors, 1999 intake manifold, whatever replacement exhaust manifold CJ-7 Tim recommended, dynamax cat back exhaust, brown dog motor mounts, plus more crap.

Suspension: 3" OME

Wheels/Tires: Gambler Wheels, Goodyear DuraTrac 31's, open diff!

Other Notable Modifications: Stuck the ham radio antenna where the AM/FM antenna was, installed junkyard oem foglights, tow hooks, fuel tank skid, and engine skid

Favorite Modification: replaced instrument console and lost 100,000 miles

Least Favorite Modification: due to Ham radio, can't play the am/fm radio now...

Best Trail Damage: never had any...

Build Thread: Princess Sparkle Pony

Optional: Let 13 year old son drive the Jeep up a dirt road out in Coon Creek. At the top of the hill, in the middle of nowhere, sat the State Police. I had junior stop and switch seats real quick and they pulled up and talked to us. Kid was scared to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modstock

Year: 99

Drive Train: 4.0, 4 speed, D30-35

Suspension: 3" RC w/ disco's

Wheels/Tires: 15x8 softies, 31" BFG AT's

Other Notable Modifications: Custom roof rack w/ pro comp 6" round slim's .

Favorite Modification: All

Least Favorite Modification: None

Best Trail Damage: None (still a virgin)

Build Thread: ModStock's XJ 99 Sport

Optional: Already had a YJ for 10 yrs but got sick of the 4 banger and didnt want to do the engine swap. Went with a buddie and his XJ years ago and I was impressed. Why didnt I think of this XJ thing sooner.

stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ

Year: 2000 Cherokee

Model: Classic

Drive Train: 4.0L AW4 Auto NP231 (with AA SYE)

Suspension: 4" Mix and Match (RC, BDS, Custom Leafs)

Wheels/Tires: Hankook MT RT03 @ 31x10.5x15 on Allied Wheel Soft 8

Other Notable Modifications: Detours USA Tailbone, 63MM Bored TB, 4 port Bosch injectors, Magnaflo Exhaust, OEM Mopar Brush Guard (from a 1992 LTD), custom relay/switch box, custom home made LED rock lights, Ruff Stuff diff guards FR and Rear, roof basket with lights front and rear, 400 watt Pioneer Premier/Infinity/Alpine sound system, WJ seats

Favorite Modification: tie between Tailbone and relay/switch box

Least Favorite Modification: rear leafs (they lost 1.5" lift already)

Best Trail Damage: nothing major yet...small dents and scratches a bit of Pin Stripe

Build Thread: Recently Purchased 2000 Cherokee Classic (Project?)

Optional: I bought this Jeep from my mother in law. She got rid of her old 4 Runner (Trusty Rusty) and saw this at her work with a for sale sign on it. She bought it next day from the original owner. The day I saw it, about a week later I said "I call dibs on this one when you sell it". She drove it for about a year, and popped the rad on the highway. While it was in for repairs she fell in love with a Mercedes Benz SUV, bought it and sold me the XJ the following week.

Sadly she passed away from a heart attack only a few short months later... so this Jeep is kind of a Heirloom Jeep I guess? My wife will not let me sell it (not that I want to) even though she says she hates it. Really I think she likes it, but can’t admit it?

Most recent - Fresh wash

Kids LOVE Jeeps - My son and the XJ

Camping Mode - Packed up ready for home

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy

Year: 1998

Drive Train: 4WD

Suspension: 2 inch Rubicon Express Budget Boost

Wheels/Tires: 235/75 15R Yokohama Geolander AT/S

Other Notable Modifications: Warn T-Case Skid, Factory Front Skid, H4 Headlight Upgrade

Favorite Modification: Front Skid

Least Favorite Modification: Can't name one

Best Trail Damage: Scrape along the Tie Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasXJ97

Year: 1997

Model: XJ Country

Drive Train: 2WD

Suspension: 2 inch BDS Coils, Quadratec HD Leafs, 2 inch Shackle, Procomp ES9000 shocks, Rubicon Express Stabilizer. New Moog Track Bar. New SB Bushings

Wheels/Tires: 31 x 10.50 x 15 BFG All Terrains on 15x7 Summit D-Windows 3.75 Backspace

Other Notable Modifications: Trunk tool box, Textured Front floor pans, Alpine Stereo with 300W Mono sub. Fully wired AC power throughout in front of vehicle and at rear, On Board AC Air Compressor, Full Size Spare, Corbeau Driver and Passenger Seats, Warrior Off Road Bumper, KC Slimlites, Autopal Headlights, Hella Bulbs, Upgraded Harness.

Favorite Modification: Trunk Toolbox w/AC power

Least Favorite Modification: Going with a shackle instead of full leafs

Best Trail Damage: Three popped tires in one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIdiesel

Year: 2001

Model: XJ

Drive Train: AW4 with a NP 231

Suspension: Rustys 3" with Adjustable LCA, extended shackles, sway bar disco's

Wheels/Tires: 30x9.5 Grabber AT2

Other Notable Modifications: rock sliders, front bumper

Favorite Modification: Rusty's lift kit and sliders work pretty good together

Least Favorite Modification: none

Best Trail Damage: dented the roof on an offcamber turn while using the tree to pivot

Build Thread: AGENT ORANGE build

Optional: Bought the XJ to use as a commuter to college but within a week it was being offroaded and pushed to the limits. Its proved itself at full throttle many times

Thanks to everyone who entered and good luck in the poll!

COTY 2009
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Look at how small and cute they are, lol.

e: Just noticed how ididiesel only posted pictures where you can't see his giant cattle pusher, lmfao.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

COTY 2009
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Voted! They're so little
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Greg how does that grille guard mount up? It looks great! Also what brand and such?
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

BUMP

Lotta good looking rigs in here, looks like there was a nice turnout with 7 entries!

Good luck to everyone!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
IDIdiesel
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Look at how small and cute they are, lol.

e: Just noticed how ididiesel only posted pictures where you can't see his giant cattle pusher, lmfao.
I got me some train horns on the XJ to warn any up coming deer/cows before the bumper hits them
IDIdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I voted for the hybrid mall/trail crawler. I know only the mall counts this month but you can't trick me.
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Voted! Crawled (Mall Crawled!)

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
Hey Greg how does that grille guard mount up? It looks great! Also what brand and such?
Voted, crawled and bump!

Hey man, it mounts to the face of the bumper with some pretty hefty brackets and a bunch of stainless hardware. Will PM you some install pics. It is OEM Mopar accessory from 1992.

Oh yeah, nice looking clean rigs in here this month!

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
XJ99XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

VOTED! Keepin it canadian!!
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
toyotaguy
1998 XJ Cherokee 

voted. Rigs look good!
toyotaguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #14
ibjeepin95
Web Wheeler

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My vote goes to VegasGT. Man, you're so hardcore running that technical, flat driveway line
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
rubiprime

1998 XJ Cherokee 

voted

Crawled and voted
rubiprime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cherokee of the month , contest , cotm , mallcrawlin' , vote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.