Vote in the July COTM contest TIE-BREAKER POLL!!!!!!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote in the July COTM contest TIE-BREAKER POLL!!!!!!!!!!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

View Poll Results: I ask again, WHO WILL BE OUR JULY COTM?!!
AKIQPilot 15 37.50%
VegasGT 25 62.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Vote in the July COTM contest TIE-BREAKER POLL!!!!!!!!!!

Okay wow, because the first July COTM poll ended in a tie, this poll will be the tie-breaker to determine our winner. In the event this second poll ends in a tie, I'll place the tie breaking vote and I can tell you now that if it comes to that I'll have to toss a coin to make the decision.

It isn't necessary that you voted in the first poll to vote in this second one, but all votes must meet the criteria in the voting rules for their vote to count. Basically, votes from new members with less than 25 tech posts will not be accepted. Sorry, but this keeps other boards from storming this forum to sway contest outcomes.

So with no further ado, here are your final entries in the order received.
This poll will close in 24 hours. Let the voting begin. Don't delay, do it now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot

Year: 2001

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, HP D44, Corp 14, 4.10 gears, Locked front and rear.

Suspension: 8.5" Custom built long arm using 2.5" flex joints and 7/8" heims. Custom leaf springs and perches.

Wheels/Tires: 38.5X15X16 Cut Boggers on Steel 16x7 wheels

Other Notable Modifications: 1.5" DOM and 7/8" heims for all steering components and track bar. JB Conversions Super Short SYE with Custom built CV shafts front and rear. RAD Design Manual Shift Controller for AW4. OR-Fab rear Bumper. Warn M8000 Winch

Favorite Modification: Cut Boggers

Least Favorite Modification: Wheels at this time.

Best Trail Damage: Took an 8' chunk of 5/8" rebar in the rocker last week. Left a hole the size of a quarter.

Build Thread: I bought my first Jeep this week, and it's an XJ

Optional: We use our XJ almost exclusively off road. My wife and I wheel and camp with this Jeep several times per month all summer long. Every time we go out I find something I want to improve. This little hobby is almost an obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Year: '99

Drive Train: 4.0/AW4, Open 8.25 29spl, Aussie locked HP30

Suspension: 4.5" RE/RC hybrid lift (RE coils, RC LCA's, 11"/10" travel f/r shocks, AAL and OE Ford Ranger shackles (1" lift), redrilled trackbar te center axle, no swaybars 90% of the time

Wheels/Tires: 32x11.5 Hankook Dynapro MT's on 15x8 Cragar D Windows w/ 4" backspacing

Other Notable Modifications: Dirtbound Offroad Mojave front bumper, IRO HD tie rod, Autopal H4 Housings, Hella 80/100w bulbs, Putco harness, Pioneer headunit, 20% tint, Thrush Welded muffler tucked up close to underside.

Favorite Modification: Aussie locked D30. Its absolutely incredible how much of an improvement it made pulling up on the big rocks.

Least Favorite Modification: 3" budget boost I started with. I had plans to make it super clean "bigger stock" looking but shoulda just said to hell with that and went straight to this. That and my AAL is more of a midlength one so I will be swapping that out.

Best Trail Damage: my diff covers have taken a huge beating, ripped stock exhaust off.

Build Thread: VegasGT's "TastefullyCheap" Build - '99 XJ

Optional: Picked the Jeep up off an old man who kept it well maintained and after some time and putting my purse down I began to tear into it. It has turned into a nice weekend warrior. My wife and I load up for a weekend of wheeling, drive the 45 mile trip down, wheel and camp out of it the whole weekend and drive it back home. It will never be done but Ive been very happy with the setup so far.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Went with the little guy He will give me a run for COTY
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Voted. Again.
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #4
AKIQPilot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Voted. And proud to share the stage with Vegas.

[CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/AKIQPilot"]My Youtube Channel[/URL][/CENTER]
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Voted. And proud to share the stage with Vegas.
Thanks man! This has been a fun COTM poll!

Annnd voted.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #6
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This has been a very successful COTM!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lunchtime bump!
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
xj-jake
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Voted again!! Good luck gents nice rigs!!
Unread 08-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Great COTM contest this month people! I'll remember this one for a while.

Please join me here and now in congratulating VegasGT as the
JeepForum July 2013 Cherokee Of The Month
As our July COTM VegasGT receives a complimentary one year premium JeepForum membership in recognition and all due bragging rights.
Vegas is another forum member and XJ enthusiast that I've become familiar with through entries to this contest. I'm already itching for the reunion thread in December for the Cherokee Of The Year run-off of all our monthly winners this year. Props for your efforts and sticking with it until you walked away with the win here. Nice work with this great XJ!

Quote:

Year: '99
Drive Train: 4.0/AW4, Open 8.25 29spl, Aussie locked HP30
Suspension: 4.5" RE/RC hybrid lift (RE coils, RC LCA's, 11"/10" travel f/r shocks, AAL and OE Ford Ranger shackles (1" lift), redrilled trackbar te center axle, no swaybars 90% of the time
Wheels/Tires: 32x11.5 Hankook Dynapro MT's on 15x8 Cragar D Windows w/ 4" backspacing
Other Notable Modifications: Dirtbound Offroad Mojave front bumper, IRO HD tie rod, Autopal H4 Housings, Hella 80/100w bulbs, Putco harness, Pioneer headunit, 20% tint, Thrush Welded muffler tucked up close to underside.
Favorite Modification: Aussie locked D30. Its absolutely incredible how much of an improvement it made pulling up on the big rocks.
Least Favorite Modification: 3" budget boost I started with. I had plans to make it super clean "bigger stock" looking but shoulda just said to hell with that and went straight to this. That and my AAL is more of a midlength one so I will be swapping that out.
Best Trail Damage: my diff covers have taken a huge beating, ripped stock exhaust off.
Build Thread: VegasGT's "TastefullyCheap" Build - '99 XJ

Optional: Picked the Jeep up off an old man who kept it well maintained and after some time and putting my purse down I began to tear into it. It has turned into a nice weekend warrior. My wife and I load up for a weekend of wheeling, drive the 45 mile trip down, wheel and camp out of it the whole weekend and drive it back home. It will never be done but Ive been very happy with the setup so far.

COTY 2009

Unread 08-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats indeed!!
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, thanks for all the votes guys! Means a lot, really, Ive been trying for a lil while now.

I come from a small town with a big wheeling habit, but almost every rig I wheel with is a trailer queen. Its been a lot of work to make this thing perform well offroad while keeping it tight and driving nice enough on road that my wife can drive it without an instruction sheet haha. Just like everyone elses rigs this month, its been a labor of love, blood, sweat, and many adult beverages. Ill be looking forward to the COTY runnings, and I intend to have more mods done and rum consumed by then. Thanks again guys!
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #12
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Wow, thanks for all the votes guys! Means a lot, really, Ive been trying for a lil while now.

I come from a small town with a big wheeling habit, but almost every rig I wheel with is a trailer queen. Its been a lot of work to make this thing perform well offroad while keeping it tight and driving nice enough on road that my wife can drive it without an instruction sheet haha. Just like everyone elses rigs this month, its been a labor of love, blood, sweat, and many adult beverages. Ill be looking forward to the COTY runnings, and I intend to have more mods done and rum consumed by then. Thanks again guys!
Congrats. Look forward to facing you in December !

I still think I had the best winning speech of all OTM winners
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Thank you all for the support.
I'd like to thank all of my friends , family, fans , Jeepforum , Jeeper's around the world, And most Importantly Chris87XJ because I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys. With my winning of this Poll I will push to ensure trails will stay open for all to enjoy and for future generations to enjoy our hobby , Being able to take in amazing views others can not see. If you stick around I will be signing autographs by the punch bowl for the rest of the day !

COTY 2009

Unread 08-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Tom95YJ

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was not expecting to see that anytime soon lol
Unread 08-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #15
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Congrats. Look forward to facing you in December !

I still think I had the best winning speech of all OTM winners
Haha definitely a solid speech. And thanks man!
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.