Vote for the July 2013 Cherokee Of The Month!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote for the July 2013 Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

View Poll Results: Who will be our July COTM?
AKIQPilot 21 30.00%
Modstock 8 11.43%
VegasGT 21 30.00%
JeepN4KC 12 17.14%
rubiprime 3 4.29%
VTEK1 5 7.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #31
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

pull yer stingers in gents. Very few people actually build there own jeeps. Buying stuff online and bolting it on doesn't count for building it yourself.
But that's not what this contest is about so this isn't the place to debate it.
We've got a good contest going on here and I see the lead still bouncing back and forth. More votes please!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:29 AM   #32
lutzke21

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Voted!

'94 YJ on 35s

JULY 2013 YJOTM
lutzke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #33
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj
pull yer stingers in gents. Very few people actually build there own jeeps. Buying stuff online and bolting it on doesn't count for building it yourself.
BURN! But seriously, you're right. And we should definitely keep it clean. Just because you bought a rig "built" doesn't mean you can't improve it...
ibjeepin95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #34
JMH21814
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Tough choice, but I voted! I'd be proud to own any of these fine XJ's.
JMH21814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #35
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Voted!

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #36
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

If bought built vehicles get on your nerves try going over to the TJ and JK of the month threads and it'll put it in perspective how good you have it over here when you see some 16 year old kid with a new $35k Wrangler their parents bought them and the thousands in parts they've paid someone else to bolt on with their parents money.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #37
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
If bought built vehicles get on your nerves try going over to the TJ and JK of the month threads and it'll put it in perspective how good you have it over here when you see some 16 year old kid with a new $35k Wrangler their parents bought them and the thousands in parts they've paid someone else to bolt on with their parents money.
Not sure about that. Check out the build thread section. There are a lot of kids doing a lot of fab. Stretches, back halfs, building tube fenders/high lines, just to mention a few things. It honestly makes the XJ forum look like a joke, like its a forum full of bedliner sniffers and sticker happy kids. I find myself reading those sections more than here. I haven't read the JK forums, but the TJ and YJ forums are pretty good.
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #38
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEK1 View Post
no i was just guessing he was talking about my XJ and didn't like the negative comments.....I put my XJ on here because thought it would be fun. he XJ isnt in the poll and he seems to be smashing mine because i have bushwackers or something....idk. just hate the negativity thats all. I could care less really what he thinks but we all own Jeeps because we LOVE Jeeps. No matter what you have done to them, it's still a solid vehicle from stock to super modified. and looking at his signature everything on his Jeep is bought, bolt on much like most everything on mine. Okay, Off my Soap Box.

The more I look at Vegas's the more I like it.....some really capable XJ's in this poll and I'm glad my Jeep gets to be put next to them because I'm sure they can wheel stuff I can't.
No I was bashing the guy with the first jeep because he bought his how it sits.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #39
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
But that's not what this contest is about so this isn't the place to debate it.
We've got a good contest going on here and I see the lead still bouncing back and forth. More votes please!
Theres a difference between buying parts and putting them on, and flat out buying a rig with everything already done to it. Everyone has some sort of part they bought online, but to clarify, I would never vote for someone who didn't buy a stock/close to stock rig and modify it from there.

He has an awesome rig, but the guys that went from stock to 3.5" and 35s and did the work themselves will always get my vote.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bumpin it

By the way, homebuilt store bought, does it matter? As long as we get to enjoy our hobby.
Not everybody has the time or skills to whip up a beatchin Jeep in their garage out of all homebuilt parts

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #41
AKIQPilot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
No I was bashing the guy with the first jeep because he bought his how it sits.
You couldn't be more wrong. I was a part of the build from the very beginning and bought it from the kid a week after we finished it. The front and rear axles have been in and out of several different rigs that I have had a part in building over the last 5 years.

I'm not asking for your vote as you can see who I voted for but you might want to be a little more informed before you bash fellow forum members.

[CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/AKIQPilot"]My Youtube Channel[/URL][/CENTER]
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #42
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot

You couldn't be more wrong. I was a part of the build from the very beginning and bought it from the kid a week after we finished it. The front and rear axles have been in and out of several different rigs that I have had a part in building over the last 5 years.

I'm not asking for your vote as you can see who I voted for but you might want to be a little more informed before you bash fellow forum members.
image-498840157.jpg

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #43
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Crawling through this thread I thought - this is the Cherokee of the Month poll right? Pretty sure I didn't enter the "Guy of the month with a Cherokee" or "Cherokee Build of the Month."

If you like the rig you like the rig - it doesn't matter how it got there.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #44
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I need to get me one of these things.
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #45
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This thread is more like "TIME of the Month, July 2013"

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.