Vote for the JF 2012 Cherokee Of The Year!!!!! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote for the JF 2012 Cherokee Of The Year!!!!!

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

View Poll Results: Who should be the JF 2012 Cherokee Of The Year??
egodfrey 3 2.24%
2doorxj 37 27.61%
Durt-Diver 2 1.49%
Callelle 1 0.75%
Rockdrummer93 22 16.42%
slickfreeze 11 8.21%
PhilipJ 6 4.48%
ChiliPalmer 20 14.93%
Texsun 32 23.88%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 12-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #61
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Gather round fellow jeepers, it's Christmas!

I want to let you all know how much I've enjoyed hangin out this year. I know these are tough times out there in the world, so I try to keep a good perspective and hold this as a place to get away from things and have a little fun with a great group of people without fully experiencing all the farts and belches.

One of the more notable changes members of jeepforum saw this year was the passing of forum ownership to new hands. I was a little nervous about this since I was happy with things as they were. Only recently I've realized how challenging the task is and the amount of effort underway to make it a good thing. As a part of these efforts the current JeepForum ownership wants to extend in return some support for your passion.

Effective immediately:
A free 1-year JeepForum membership with Premium Member status will be awarded to all new monthly Cherokee Of The Month contest winners.
Also, new Cherokee Of The Year contest winners will be awarded complimentary LIFETIME JeepForum Supporting Member status.
With the realization that COTMs aren't eligible to resubmit for a period of 12 months since their last win, all of our 2012 COTMs will also be receiving complimentary 1-yr JeepForum Premium Memberships.
The yet to be determined winner of 2012 COTY honors will be awarded a LIFETIME of JeepForum Premium Membership benefits in recognition.

This is the best news I've had in a while and I can't begin to personally thank everyone involved in this achievement so I'm saying it here. Thanks, it's much appreciated!
We've still got a contest to finish but it kind of looks like they're all winners this time.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Fine Print:
These offers valid until further notice.
Current lifetime members may transfer ownership of membership awards for re-gifting purposes.
I believe JeepForum.com decals will be included with all awards, but don't hold me to it. If not, the top three placed winners in the 2012 COTY can contact me for a decal if needed.
PM me if any prize problems arise and I'll do the best I can to help.
More details may follow.
maybe Santa will stop by later.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #62
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow!!! That is great news, hope everyone has a great Christmas Eve! An even better Christmas Day and a wonderful new year!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #63
BlueBadger

That's really awesome of the new owners. Merry Christmas guys!! Be safe in your travels and keep the wheels pointed down.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #64
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Been following 2doorxj for a while so voting was a no brainer. Also......... the fact that his build is amazing! Although after looking at the contestants, chili Palmer would've been my second choice. All the entries however were great candidates. Good luck
fedx95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #65
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

In the words of Ricky Bobby "if you aint first your last" however that is not true for 2012 COTY thanks to the new owners of jeepforum! Hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas!
Unread 12-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #66
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Voted, crawled.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #67
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

It's the final count down!!!
Unread 12-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #68
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

All nice rigs, but there's one that always makes me drool. 2doorxj has my vote. Perfect balance of function/fashion, a good looking rig that works.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #69
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #70
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like 2doorXJ has left the pack! Time to get the last minute votes in before Santa arrives!
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #71
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

This poll is closed. The voting members of jeepforum have spoken and the time is here to announce our 2012 Cherokee Of The Year.
We had a great field of COTMs this year with many of our senior XJ-section supporters making an appearance, and several different leaders throughout the course of this poll. We saw some great competition, but in the end only one can be the JF Cherokee Of The Year.

With great pleasure I welcome 2doorxj into the Hall of COTY Winners where only the best of the best appear.
Many have followed the evolution of this rig since the early days before its driver even had a license and when the jeep bug really set in, we enjoyed hundreds of show and tell pictures documenting the progressions. I know it's a well deserved win.

2doorxj, as a COTY now it's up to you to remember the journey and look back over your shoulder to extend a helping hand where you can, to the next generations of XJ drivers following in your footsteps. Proudly honor this event in your signature to inspire others.
Keep the Cherokee spirit strong my friends.

Everyone please join me here and now in congratulating 2doorxj as the
JeepForum 2012 Cherokee Of The Year
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2doorxj – COTY 2012

Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Drive Train: 4.0, ax15, np231, Dana 44s out of an 89 wagoneer, spools front and rear, 4.88 gears, tenfactory chromo shafts up front, milemarker locking hubs.
Suspension: All custom mid arm 3 link, 2x.250 wall upper and lowers, Ruff Stuff heims, and johnny joints, ballistic fab bracketry, 12 inch travel bilstein 5100s front and rear, shock hoops going through the rear floor.
Wheels/Tires: 35x12.50x15 MTR/ Kevlar, 15x8 cragar soft 8's with copperhead fab rim stiffeners
Other Notable Modifications: Front and rear JCR bumpers, custom high clearence rocker replacement with outriggers to the frame, frame stiffeners, OTK steering with GM 1-ton tie rod ends
Favorite Modification: Mid arm 3 link
Least Favorite Modification: Ruffstuff heims. (way too noisy, wish i had gone with JJs)
Best Trail Damage: Rear driver 1/4 panel bashed in on Otters trail Rausch Creek PA (luckily the glass survived)

Build Thread: Custom 3 link and Waggy 44 swap into my XJ or 2doorxj's98 Cherokee build up

Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest, we had a good time. But most of all, thanks to everyone who voted.
I see votes from all realms of the jeep world and lots of crawls this month. We couldn't have done it without you.

COTY 2009
Unread 12-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #72
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats!!!
Unread 12-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #73
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
...Perfect balance of function/fashion, a good looking rig that works.
Well said.

COTY 2009
Unread 12-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #74
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats, got to admit as a 2 door owner I was a bit biased but your rig is awesome. I hope to continue following your build and see what else you have in store.
Happy holidays to everyone!
fedx95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #75
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats 2doorXJ!!

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
cherokee , cotm , coty , vote , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.