Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month!!!

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

View Poll Results: Vote your pick for the August COTM
1990JEEPXJ 18 32.14%
DezertTJ 11 19.64%
Spokes 9 16.07%
V1GiLaNtE 8 14.29%
JeepN4KC 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 08-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month!!!

COTM Voting Rules and Guidelines

If your entry makes it to the final poll you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
A minimum of 25 technical posts are required to participate in the voting process.
If you are found cheating in anyway, you will be disqualified from the contest and not be allowed to enter again. In some cases you may also be banned. The following would be considered cheating:

1. Making multiple accounts to vote for yourself or asking anyone else to create new accounts to vote for you.
2. Asking your friends to register on JeepForum.com so they can vote for you. Excessive new member votes could be not counted.
3. Posts or threads anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
4. Promoting your entry on any other website asking people to vote for you - this includes threads, signatures, or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
5. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
6. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread. There is a three picture limit for entries.

This contest is for the members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature but please do so in a tasteful way, just keep it in line with other JF signatures.
Letís have good clean poll thread here thanks.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote here NOW in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Alright, it’s time to bring out the August COTM contest line-up and show you what we’ve got.
There are 5 great XJ’s here for your viewing pleasure. We’ve got a little new blood and a little old this month, and it's up to you to help decide who will be our JeepForum August Cherokee Of The Month. Take your time looking over these great rigs and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote.

Also please click the button just under the poll to help keep this thread up all week in the top voted/crawled threads on the JF Forum homepage.

Feel free to post positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today.
Here are your August 2013 COTM entries in the order received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ

Year: 1990

Model: Laredo

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, 242 w/hack 'n tap, D30, D44, 4.88's

Suspension: RE 5.5" superflex short arm with drop brackets, shackle relocation brackets
Wheels/Tires:[/B] 33X10.5 KM2's mounted on 15x7 AR outlaw II

Other Notable Modifications: grizzly lockers front and rear, alloy shafts up front, WJ knuckle and akebono brake swap, 2x6 rocker replacement/mini boatside, PSC steering box tapped for assist, custom t-case skid, D30 truss, 1.75"x 3/8" wall tie rod, OTA trackbar, half doors, ruffstuff and riddler covers, C-Rok steering brace, B&M tranny cooler. Also have 12" bilstein 7100's waiting to go on

Favorite Modification: lockers and half doors

Least Favorite Modification: old truetrac, has been replaced

Best Trail Damage: rolled it

Build Thread: The '90

Optional: - built this jeep from the ground up and learned a lot from it. its gone from a nice little DD to a capable rig ready for most anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ

Year: 1998

Model: Cherokee

Drive Train: 4.0 AW4 NP231. H&T SYE HP30

Suspension: 5.5" RE Coils, Superflex Adjustable Control arms, 3.5" Full RE Leafs, 1.5" Shackles, RE Gen 2 Disconnects, Bilstein 5100s

Wheels/Tires: 255/75/17 KM1s, JK Moabs, 1.5" Synergy Suspension wheel adapters

Other Notable Modifications: Thule Cross bars, Surco 45x60 Roof Rack, 30" Cree LED Light Bar, Tow Hooks, 55w Aux Reverse Lights, Sat Radio

Favorite Modification: 30" LED Light Bar

Least Favorite Modification: SF Arms

Best Trail Damage: Went up a crack, fell in sideways and rested on my door

Build Thread: 98 XJ -The TJ's brother build

Optional: Bought it for my DD, turns out I wheel it as much as my Trail rig and has more trail damage than the trail rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes

Year: 2000

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: - D30/8.25

Suspension: 4.5" Rough Country N2.0 X-Series

Wheels/Tires: Rugid Ridge D-Windows 15x8 W/ 3.75 BS. 33/12.5/15 KM2

Other Notable Modifications: WJ Knuckle swap, IRO Double sheer track bar, L&L Fab Pre-runner Winch Bumper, PORC SYE, Cowl intake No carpet, Extra lights, sound system, ETC

Favorite Modification: WJ brakes! Its nice to be able to stop

Least Favorite Modification: Rough country lol

Best Trail Damage: Bent fenders

Build Thread: Better, And Redder Build Thread.

Optional: I wheel the hell outta my XJ but also spend as much time working/cleaning it as i do driving it lol dont mind getting it dirty but it sure doesnt stay that way long. Muddy on weekends and show stopper on week days lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1GiLaNtE

Year: 1998

Model: XJ Sport

Drive Train: 4.0, AW4, NP232, Open/Open D30/D35 Trac Lok 3.55

Suspension: RC 3" Springs, OME HD Leaf Packs, Rubicon Shocks, RC BPE's, "Custom" Hockey Puck Front Bump Stops, Quadratec Extended Rear, JKS Discos,

Wheels/Tires: 31x10.5 BFG AT's on D Windows with 4" BS

Other Notable Modifications: Hella 500's, Rage Powersports Roof Rack, Putco Harness, Wilson 4' CB antenna on custom mount, High mounted CB radio, JCR Offroad Tcase skid, C4x4 Tow Hooks

Favorite Modification: Tcase Skid- Got it on a black Friday sale and it's pure beef. Saved my bacon more times than I care to count

Least Favorite Modification: Paying student loans aggressively takes away from mods..

Best Trail Damage: Making a climb at Rausch Creek.. Spotter "Give it some gas".. Gave it some gas and smashed my tow hook into the rock and bent it about 45 degrees".. Spotter "Maybe a little too much gas.."

Build Thread: Project Overland DD

Optional: This is my 2nd XJ and my DD. My last XJ was totaled by a drunk driver ( I was not involved) and of course without having a Jeep I just had to have another one.. It's served me well and allowed my SO and I to escape Northern Virginia into the woods to do the things we love like camp, hike, fish, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC

Year: 2000

Model: Sport

Drive Train: 4.0 I6/AW4/NP231/D30/Chrysler 8.25 29sp

Suspension: Rough Country 4.5"

Wheels/Tires: 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2's on Unique Series 252 steelies

Other Notable Modifications: Aussie locker out back; TnT Customs chassis stiffeners; TnT Customs XD belly pan; Tomken fueltank skid; Solid Axle Ind. diff covers f/r; installed hitch for rear shackle recovery; rust abatement/rattle-can two toned; fenders trimmed; rear quarters cut&boxed; p/w's cut&folded; zj fan clutch; hood spacers

Favorite Modification: everything I've done but the Aussie and the chassis stiffeners rank high

Least Favorite Modification: none of them

Best Trail Damage: blowing out the rear glass - look on my daughter's face was priceless..lol

Build Thread: My Other Build Thread

Optional: The XJ is the project/toy Jeep of our fleet and was bought for the purpose of "saving" the WK from trail damage. I find myself wanting to drive it more and more.

Great group of XJs this month, good luck to all!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote here NOW in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Oh my goodness what a great bunch of contestants for COTM. A quick review shows all the there guys have very nice rigs. I'm just glad I sat out this month. It's a complete toss up at this point. I'm going to have to spend some time in the build threads to help me narrow down my decision.

At first glance these are all winners.

Very nice XJ's guys.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Great group this month. Going to have to do some thinking...
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:22 AM   #5
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Oh my goodness what a great bunch of contestants for COTM. A quick review shows all the there guys have very nice rigs. I'm just glad I sat out this month. It's a complete toss up at this point. I'm going to have to spend some time in the build threads to help me narrow down my decision.

At first glance these are all winners.

Very nice XJ's guys.
Good words from a guy with a great XJ.
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Bunch of awesome jeeps!

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Bump
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Its another month of difficult decisions but Ive been pulling for JeepN4KC for some time now so Ima stick with it. I would proudly wheel any rig up there though!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wow... now that's a group! Good luck everyone!
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Changing u joints on my roommate's xterra on 42s bump!
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezertTJ View Post
Changing u joints on my roommate's xterra on 24's bump!

FITY Bump
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
XJ99XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Seems like EVERYTIME I vote for ya 1990XJ you never win. But imma try again!! GOODLuck man!
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Well it's taken some time and been a hard decision but I think I've narrowed my choice for the August COTM.

All of these rigs are very nice and quite capable in their own right. I would be proud to be able to ride along or wheel with any of them. But because this is a contest we have to narrow down our choice for a prospective winner.

Spokes '00 Sport is a well built and well wheeled rig. Lots of nice off road upgrades and a driver who isn't afraid to wheel it. I love a Red XJ and that alone almost got my vote.

1990XJ is a great rig. Locked front and rear. Real rock eating rockers. Additional rock and chassis protection from Ruff Stuff, Riddler, C-Roc, etc. And this guy is not afraid to wheel his rig right to the limit.

JeepN4KC '00 Sport is a great looking rig. If looks were the only criteria this would be my choice hands down. But this XJ is way more than just looks. Lots of rock protection and the body clearance for lots of wheel travel. Great looking tires and wheels that offer style and function. Add to that an owner who likes to hit the rocky trails and you have a solid candidate for COTM.

So after all of that my choice for the August COTM is JeepN4KC. Thanks to all of the entrants this month. You should all be very proud of your XJ's.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
DezertTJ
Lost

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Work Bump! I guess I don't wheel enough
Unread 08-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

So do you guys go with the hack and tap so you have the same length driveshaft front and rear?

Tags
cherokee , cherokee of the month , contest , cotm , poll , vote , winner , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.