VOTE for the August 2016 Cherokee Of The Month!!! - JeepForum.com
View Poll Results: Who's it gonna be this month!?
EugeneTheTJ 7 21.21%
USN_BlackWK 16 48.48%
un4gvn1 6 18.18%
S8NNG8 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

VOTE for the August 2016 Cherokee Of The Month!!!

Voting Rules and Guidelines

Only votes from JeepForum members of more than 30 days will be counted in the final tally.
Votes from mystery members with very low post counts could also be not counted.

If your entry makes it to the poll, as a contestant you have one opportunity to vote for yourself if you choose to do so.
If you are found cheating in any way you will be disqualified from the contest and banned from the forum until I get over it, which definitely won’t be before the contest ends.

Any of following will be considered cheating:
1. Posts, threads or discussion anywhere within JeepForum.com asking for votes.
2. Promoting the contest on any other website - this includes posts, threads, signatures, discussion, pictures or anything hinting at the fact that you are competing.
3. Slander will not be tolerated under any condition or reason. This contest is intended to be fun so keep the discussion positive natured.
4. Do not post extra pictures of contestant rigs in the voting thread as there is a picture limit in place.
Feel free to police the internet as you see fit for violations of the above rules and PM me links and screenshots of any suspected problems.

This contest is for the active members of JF to decide. The only advertising you are allowed to do for yourself is in your JF signature similarly to what you'll see in mine. Let’s have good clean poll thread here thanks.

***Chris***

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

We missed some COTM contests this year because I just haven't had a lot of time to make it happen, but this month we have four awesome XJs on tap for your voting pleasure! Every one of these jeeps shows a lot of time invested with a long list of enhancements and modifications giving each a distinct personality.

It’s up to you to decide which will be the JeepForum August 2016 Cherokee Of The Month. Take your time to check ‘em out and when you find your favorite, show your support and approval by casting your vote!

Feel free to post positive comments or discussion and bump this thread as needed. This poll will close one week from today and the winner earns all due bragging rights plus a complimentary 1yr Premium JeepForum membership. Here are your COTM entries in the order received. Good luck to all!!

***Chris***

post #3 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

EugeneTheTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ

Year: 2000

Model: Cherokee Sport

Drive Train: HP30, 8.25, 4.0, AW4, NP231

Suspension: Metalcloak 3.5" with all the trimmings

Wheels/Tires: JK Rubicon takeoffs - 255/75R17

Other Notable Modifications: ARB Bullbar, Warn M8000, KCs, Trucklites, Spartan Locker, AlloyUSA seals, Black Magic brakes, AA SYE, Novak Shifter Cable, Detours Unibody Rok Slyders, WJ Seats, Blue Ridge Overland Gear Organization pouches and panels, Homebuilt Cargo Drawer System, Homebuilt Cargo Divider Net, ZJ rear headrests, Gas Tank Skid, Rusty's HD Crossmember, Yakima Rack x 2, Cabelas Basket, ARB awning, Hi-Lift, Detours Knucklebone tire carrier, Spidertrax adapters, Blackhawk holster mounted on console, overhead CB

Favorite Modification: Spartan locker, ARB awning

Least Favorite Modification: Rusty's crossmember (good piece but fit sucked)

Best Trail Damage: mangled shackles I reckon

Build Thread: EugeneTheTJ's 2000 XJ Build Thread

Optional: Bought as a DD replacement for my TJ. Quickly morphed into an all-around capable DD/overland rig. Many adventures experienced in it and many more to come!

***Chris***

post #4 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

USN_BlackWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN_BlackWK

Year: 2001

Model: 60th Anniversary Edition Cherokee

Drive Train: 4.0L, NSG-370 6spd, Adams driveshafts and JKR D44's w/ 5.13 gears F+R

Suspension: Clayton long arm at 5.5" of lift. Metalcloak 3.5" springs w/ ACOS spacers up front and Clayton 4.5" springs w/ adjustable shackles in the rear. Bilstein shocks all around.

Wheels/Tires: AEV savegre 17x8.5/Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17

Other Notable Modifications: Baer F+R BBK, K&N FIPK, Borla cat back, ARB diff covers, Rigid Industries LED lighting all around, Morimoto LED headlights, Dodge Viper (Gen III) seats, RB1 navigation w/ iPod integration and Sirius package, Kicker speakers all around w/ sub in Select Increments box, WizardPC 6 switch panel and custom 3 switch ash try panel, BMW Yas Marina Blue paint, JCR F+R bumper/tire carrier/roof rack/gas tank skid plate, 5.9L ZJ hood vents, and much more!

Favorite Modification: The brakes. They stop the XJ nearly as quickly as my SRT on brembo brakes. I've always hated a lifted rig with sub par brakes

Least Favorite Modification: A few flaws in the paint that no one else will ever notice but somehow annoys me

Best Trail Damage: Nothing yet! I'll happen eventually though!

Build Thread: Project Poughkeepsie - 2001 Anniversary Edition Build Thread

Optional: I built a similar XJ for my Dad last year and decided I wanted one for myself! So I sold my WK on 37's and used the funds to build my dream XJ. I regret nothing!

***Chris***

post #5 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

un4gvn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4gvn1

Year: 1988

Model: Laredo XJ

Drive Train: Renix 4.0, AW4, 242, HP Dana30 (sleeved), Dana 44. Yukon 4.88 gears

Suspension: Roughly 6" total lift. BDS 3" leafs w/ HD Offroad Engineering shackle bolt-on shackle relocation brackets, 2" shackles and BDS 4 1/2” coils & Iron Rock Offroad Critical Path long-arm up front w/ ACOS. Bilstein 5100s all around.

Wheels/Tires: 15" Cragar soft Ds with Sky weld-on beadlocks. 37/14.5 R15 Toyo MTs mounted with HD Offroad Engineering ceramic balance beads in 'em.

Other Notable Modifications: -AC/OBA conversion -Yukon Zip air lockers F&R -Yukon Cro-Mo front shafts -LCA mounts plated -Adjustable double-shear trackbar -Iron diff covers (Trail Defense front, Poison Spider rear) -Homebrew front bumper w/ receiver mounted winch (rear bumper in works) -Homebrew roof rack -Homebrew rock sliders/airtanks -Homebrew Stainless Steel muffler -2/0 welding cable from end to end powering 350 amp sockets for winch/jump -RuffStuff mid-section frame stiffeners -IRO hack&tap SYE -IRO rear driveline -Airflow Snorkel -"Rigging rack" in the way-back for straps -"Putco" clone headlight relay harness -Autopal E-codes w/ Hella bulbs -Hella fogs -55w H3 equipment headlights on rear hatch as reverse lights -Four-hole injectors (thanks DJG) -ZJ tie rod, drag link & pitman arm -Hood hinge spacers -“Plus 5” gas tank mod -Ceiling mounted CB -Double-diaphragm brake booster -Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads -Front limit straps -Lots-o-bumpstop

Favorite Modification: Probably the lockers F&R (headlight relay harness & H4s close second, #1 in bang for buck)

Least Favorite Modification: The 31s & Spartan, worked great, but outgrew 'em quickly.

Best Trail Damage: Ripped the factory t-case skid off & bent the crossmember into a banana on a muddy climb that we never did get over. (this was on 3" lift & 31s, lol)

Build Thread: XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Finally a build thread, and a name. (Warning, pic heavy)

***Chris***

post #6 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

S8nng8

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

Year: 1995

Model: XJ

Drive Train: 4.0/AX-15/np231/'98 8.25/'96 hp d30

Suspension: Rusty's Offroad 3" front w/upper and lower adj flex joint control arms, RC adj hd trackbar, RE swaybar links/ 3.5" rear w/ 1" JKS dogleg shackles

Wheels/Tires: "Ultra" Drifter x5/ 31" BFG AT KO1

Other Notable Modifications: Crown hd steering, Spectre cowl intake, Dual Optimas with Painless auto-switch isolator and Ballistic battery boxes, 4 led cubes (roof) KC Slimlites (front bumper) and relayed wiring, stock Chrome door handles/roof rack and drip rails/bumpers/grill, Raptor Liner undercoat, Towbar with D-rings and optional tongue, Lund visor, 2500w stereo with Kustom Phab sub enclosure/2 Kicker L7 10" subs/ two Rockford Fosgate bd1000 amps/Fusion 1.5 farad cap/Alpine head unit with 4v preout/0awg power cable, Custom aluminum diamond plate armor: rockers, airdam, bumper endcaps, tail lights, hood vents, quarter panel window supports, door handles, Black vinyl stripe (gasket for armor going over the whole stripe), Custom painted axles (corrosion protection) w/ 3.55's (from 3.07's)

Favorite Modification: Adding the control arms to my lift package

Least Favorite Modification: swapping in a front axle with a bunch of maintenance issues

Best Trail Damage: The streets are my trails too so, getting hit from the back by a '79 650 Suzuki doing ~45mph while I was at a stop. My sub enclosure saved my entire rearend from collapsing. I suffered light frame damage from the hitch mounts.

Build Thread: Devil liveD: Building S8NNG8

Optional: I fell in love Jeep as at age 5 when my mom had a '78 CJ7 Renegade. At 14, I saw my first 2dr XJ and fell in love. The XJ I have now happens to be the same model and paint scheme as the 2dr I saw back then...with some perks.

***Chris***

post #7 of 37 Old 08-22-2016, 09:51 PM
nolanbalzarini
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Do i have to pick just one? Y u do this to me.

Cherokee Of The Month. September 2015
post #8 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 06:53 AM
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ha, I've realized since I entered that there's about 20+ things I forgot to mention. But a great lineup this month, where is everybody that didn't enter?
Hello ello llo lo...

D3<!L!>3D
post #9 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 10:28 AM
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'd just like to add that I mentioned the stock chrome components cuz I added them while deleting the black trim. It was just my preference for appearance sake.

D3<!L!>3D
post #10 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 AM
RedJeepster1
Low and Slow

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Garage
Wow, how do you pick just one?!

88 YJ with a 4.6l stroker, AX-15, NP231, 2.5" lift, 4.10's and 33's
2000 Silver XJ, 4.0, AW4 with 350k+, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromos, Trussed hp30, 4.56's, Stiffened, IRO leafs, RE coils, custom 3 link, WJ knuckles, 35's
post #11 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 01:03 PM
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

USN_BlackWK, holy hell!!

2016 TJ of the Year

Founder,

post #12 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 09:44 PM
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

You can tell there hasn't been a COTM contest in a while. Seems the voters forgot they exist. There's even some great conversation pieces here, and no conversation.

D3<!L!>3D
post #13 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
chris87xj
JF Admin

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Geez quit being a debbie downer.

***Chris***

post #14 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 10:03 PM
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Voted, nice rigs guys.

It's Not Just a Jeep, It's a Lifestyle
post #15 of 37 Old 08-23-2016, 10:12 PM
S8NNG8
Web Wheeler

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Geez quit being a debbie downer.
It's reverse psychology.

D3<!L!>3D

Tags
cherokee , cherokee of the month , contest , cotm , vote , xj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.